(Topic ID: 193122)

I've got so many pinball parts my head could explode!

By EricHadley

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CNKay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have (2) 24"D x 48"W x 78"T cabinets FULL of pinball parts! What am I to do???? I yi yi. I have a whole set of used stuff from a STTNG rebuild, a whole set of stuff from a TAF rebuild. A whole set of new stuff for a TZ rebuild. a dozen new play fields! A whole set of stuff to rebuild a LOTR and a TSPP. So many titan rubbers and coin taker LED's my head could explode! Coils! 100+ new Super Shiny Pinballs! new translites, cabinet decal sets for pretty much every pinball I own. IDK what too do, I am buried in parts.......Do ya'll have this problem too?

#2 6 years ago

Sell me some pinballs!

#3 6 years ago

No only Magicians could have that problem. Or circus clowns maybe. Lmao. Sorry couldnt resist!

#4 6 years ago

How do you fit it all in there??

#5 6 years ago

well, the play fields are on top of my 2 cabinets and I have 2 overflow cabinets too...........so it's much worse

#6 6 years ago

I don't think i have it that bad. But i do have a bunch of game specific parts ive stockpiled for games i'll restore eventually. Plastics, stencils, etc. Plastics i always worry supply will run out - was delaying buying an F2K set off Marco and the next time i looked they were sold out. I just have boxes of parts under the machines but a cabinet - thats a good idea!

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I don't think i have it that bad. But i do have a bunch of game specific parts ive stockpiled for games i'll restore eventually. Plastics, stencils, etc. Plastics i always worry supply will run out - was delaying buying an F2K set off Marco and the next time i looked they were sold out. I just have boxes of parts under the machines but a cabinet - thats a good idea!

Yeah, I agree on the plastics.....I'm so sick I have 2 sets for TZ and TSPP and 1 set for most of my other games. Yeah the cabinets are nice, I don't like stuff under my machines, I like a clean game room free of clutter. The cabinets and workbench are in my office.

#8 6 years ago

I'm always in a constant state of reorganization as new stuff comes in, stuff gets used/installed, and other stuff goes out.

Labels also go a long way to making things easy to find.

I also try to subscribe to the practice of "First Order Retrievability". That is, organizing things in such away so that you should never have to move one tool/item/box to get to something else. Hard to practice 100% of the time, but it sure helps with organization and being able to scan and do a quick inventory of parts and what you might need.

#9 6 years ago

that stuff adds up. i had so many spare parts i had to stop buying stuff. i am not an operator so if a pin goes down i can wait a few days to get a part. i had to get this thought into my head it just becomes an obsession. i just sold of thousands of dollar in extra video game parts i had lying around, just ridiculous.

#10 6 years ago

I fairly recently purged all (ok, almost all ) motorcycle parts. I got out. And now pinball is dragging me in. I've been at this less than 3 months and own 2 machines, a back up pf, an extra power supply. A backglass that is unrelated to my set, plus all the repair/maintenance tools and parts keep coming in the mail!

I'm liking the idea of getting organized, and quickly.

I'll be looking for a large cabinet and using ForceFlow's suggestion.

#11 6 years ago

Yep, I'm in same situation. Have 3 standup cabinets with spare parts. Recently organised it all so I can easily find what I need. Shipping to Canada is pricey so I usually order enough of an item to have an extra or hit the price break number. We have great group of people locally too, so if one of us needs something and another has it we trade or sell each other the parts.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I have (2) 24"D x 48"W x 78"T cabinets FULL of pinball parts! What am I to do???? I yi yi. I have a whole set of used stuff from a STTNG rebuild, a whole set of stuff from a TAF rebuild. A whole set of new stuff for a TZ rebuild. a dozen new play fields! A whole set of stuff to rebuild a LOTR and a TSPP. So many titan rubbers and coin taker LED's my head could explode! Coils! 100+ new Super Shiny Pinballs! new translites, cabinet decal sets for pretty much every pinball I own. IDK what too do, I am buried in parts.......Do ya'll have this problem too?

Just start selling it. You don't need all that stuff. And stop buying so much!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Just start selling it. You don't need all that stuff. And stop buying so much!

I can't stop! I just ordered 5 pin sound boards and speakers!!!

#14 6 years ago

Pinball is my business. I have 14 games between two locations and I do in home repairs. I have parts on hand to fix almost any Bally/WMS/Sega/Stern/DE game. I also have parts for various EM games. The only thing I don't really stock parts for is Gottlieb solid state games, but I do have a few parts for them. I have everything inventoried on a spreadsheet and I can quickly look up what I have and its price when I'm out on location or at a repair. So yes, I have a lot of parts, but I need a lot of parts. A game that is down is a game that doesn't earn me money. And when I'm out at a repair the last thing I want to do is return because I don't have a part. All that being said, it sounds like you might have as many parts as me, maybe more game specific parts. Do you really need all that stuff? 100+ new pinballs?

#15 6 years ago

Save it you may need it.

As soon as you get rid of something you are going to need it a week later.

Ill take any old unwanted translite I am going to make a celing light and only have 3. The idea in my head will need 4 or more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-got-so-many-pinball-parts-my-head-could-explode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.