View topic image gallery

8F154280-B176-4AC9-8314-DE8BAB718D03 (resized).jpeg
fever (resized).PNG
C41A2091-45A5-42DA-936C-3F34737DEF3F (resized).jpeg
304E47B3-BCC5-48D2-8068-135AF2559AE8 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1583885952006 (resized).jpg
915F7938-8144-481F-858D-6E75793EDD0A (resized).jpeg
88E98AF6-7B2C-42C8-B4B2-D6B22D7121AE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FYMF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

So...............
does or does not the OP have the Coronavirus?
Is the OP still amongst us? Is he in quarantine? If so, do they not allow internet in quarantine?
Inquiring minds want to know.
As a side note, I wouldn’t entirely blame the guy for not resolving seeing as how quickly this thread went t*** up when the political discourse and anger set in. It’s just what happens on the internet.
All the same- May you have a speedy recovery, OP.

I read this in Kent Brockman's voice for some reason. "STAY TUNED!"

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Keep in mind that the flu strain making it around this year is very bad also which will add to the confusion. Based on your local and timing, it is most likely you had the flu.
Keep in mind that the longer you go without the flu just means you are likely to get it and it will be worse when it does come.
If it does not evolve too much then hopefully it will be more mild the next time you see it.
Glad you are better now, but dont assume you had Covid. Better to still have best practices to avoid it as you are likely still recoving from what you had last month.

This.

I keep hearing people say they had it already because they had a severe flu.

I had the worse case of influenza of my 37 year old adult life ever this year in January. I got sick before any of my friends or colleagues.

Having had the flu before I just fought it from bed thinking a solid week would be worse case scenario per previous experiences.

I have never coughed up blood from coughing prior to this flu.

I have never been so weak that I couldnt physically get out of bed for 3 days nor eat.

I have never been so I'll that I lost 14 pounds in 10 days (I am 175 norm.)

I have never, ever gone to the hospital from the flu.

14 days into the worse flu of my life I went to the hospital and was kept for 6 hours and 2 bags of fluids on top of other IV medicines.

They stuck the 5 inch Qtip up both nostrils until they bout scratched my brain and came back hours later to tell me I had Influenza B -Victoria strain. Rare to be seen before Influenza A in the season and described as typically less severe... right.

Anyway. Point is there is a nasty nasty strain of Influenza B out there this season on top of the already nasty A.

Those people who got sicker than they've ever been like me and are saying " I had Covid already," are in for the chance of going through the same thing twice or even worse.

Bottom line: unless tested and confirmed... you had the Influenza. you 99% likely didnt have Covid.. Ask yourself: why isnt there a huge epicenter style outbreak surrounding everyone you've known since Januaray otherwise?

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

I could pull herpes zoster out of your nose if I went up far enough, does that really prove that you were infected with the strain or just that it was in your nostrils? Or was it there in sufficient amounts to indicate infection? Everyone always says that reduced immune system leads to worse corona, not sure how this means one can't catch the 'rona after catching the flu.

There's no questioning I was infected with something based on nearly 3 weeks of bed rest. The fact that they found Influenza B makes me feel pretty strongly that it was in fact Influenza B...

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Did you get the flu shot, and if so when?

I did not.

EDIT: I will add that I had chest Xrays done and Doc said I had slight upper bronchial scarring "but nothing to be alarmed about." and more bizarrely at time of Xray no infection in lungs 2 weeks in.

Week 3 of being sick was different than the first 2 weeks. Week three it was lungs and deep cough. First two weeks was fever, vomit, aches, chills, diarrhea, whole 9..

Never had an illness like this. However, not one of those saying " I had Covid F it, I'm immune. " Mainly because it's not worth the risk to others shortly followed by I dont believe for a second it was Covid.

0 travel for me that month or prior.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Influenza A and B, as well as coronaviri like SARS-1, SARS-2, and MERS, can cause viral pneumonia, so no infection plus X-rays showing a little something suggests you dodged the virus turning into the viral pneumonia. People seem to be focusing on the runny nose, but the nausea and digestive issues are more of a flu thing while the lung focus is the real deal in a coronavirus (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). There was no test to see if SARS-CoV-2 was up your nose, unfortunately, available at the time. So go with your "gut", or with your lungs if they were the main problem. You could have been fighting off the Victoria strain while succumbing to the SARS.
This exact virus was passed to a trusted nurse who diagnosed it as "definitely not the flu". That's Karl Pilkington / Black Mirror level accuracy, where the medical professional feels the illness first-person.

All valid points but the unknown as to whether or not it was either (both,) is not worth the risk. To me or others imo

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Well 58% of cases this year have been B, 42% A, and of the B cases, 98% have been the Victoria subtype. They put B-Victoria in the trivirulent vaccine as well as the quadravirulent. Your doctor was going on old news, B is the big flu this season, and it's hitting children extra hard. Doesn't sound like it's been hitting adults with 3-week nasties so much though.
It tends to play a leapfrog game with the vaccines, so we're always getting the strain that wasn't "popular" when they design the next batches.
Here's Newsweek with a quick breakdown on what influenza B feels like: "The symptoms for influenza B (like other flu strains) include: fatigue; cough; fever (or chills); a sore throat; runny nose; muscle ache; headache; and gastrointestinal problems.
According to some research, the B virus might be more likely to involve headache, abdominal pain and myalgia (i.e. muscle pain) than other types."

Spot on for symptoms. Only weird part was transfer of congestion from head for 2 weeks with all those symptoms to upper lungs and coughing blood spittle the last week. Felt completely different.

Again, not worth the risk.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FYMF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-got-corona-virus?tu=FYMF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.