8F154280-B176-4AC9-8314-DE8BAB718D03 (resized).jpeg
fever (resized).PNG
C41A2091-45A5-42DA-936C-3F34737DEF3F (resized).jpeg
304E47B3-BCC5-48D2-8068-135AF2559AE8 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1583885952006 (resized).jpg
915F7938-8144-481F-858D-6E75793EDD0A (resized).jpeg
88E98AF6-7B2C-42C8-B4B2-D6B22D7121AE (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Go ahead and send me a pm if you have an issue and want to talk without showing off or whatever. Stay healthy otherwise and maybe read something and tune in to any world news.

Nothing to show off. Just replying to your rude comment.

And sure - PM me if you have an issue. I agree take it off of here and I wish the same to you and everyone else on these boards - stay well! My comments related to the insane amount of panicking over the flu. Period.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

panicking over the flu. Period.

Clearly you've paid ZERO attention. Even calling it or comparing it to the flu shows you have no clue what you are talking about, since that has been debunked numerous times.

Let me google that for you: https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new-coronavirus-isn-t-like-the-flu-but-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Clearly you've paid ZERO attention.

You're right. It's actually not as bad as the flu. Check the facts jack. Flu kills so many more.

Thanks.

For people who want the facts - check it out.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/

Speaking of - I need to remind myself not to get involved with the snowflakes on these boards when it comes to, well anything. Waste of time. Keep on complaining. Peace.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're right. It's actually not as bad as the flu. Check the facts jack. Flu kills so many more.
Thanks.

Can't make people comprehend numbers apparently.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel like you are splitting hairs (as well as is Ice who we know just last week was calling anyone who was concerned a dummy, as well as many others stating that getting this was 'unlikely' etc and that this was simply media manipulation.) If you are just using the people buying stuff off the shelves as panic I get it, but that's practically nobody on this forum doing that.

I stopped at two stores tonight, and there definitely is a panic going on. Empty shelves, accidents in the parking lot, etc. The data shows this isn't anything that we have not experienced in the last few years in terms of mortality. Yet, the fires of panic are stocked and blazing away. If you have alternative data that shows how many of us will die, please provide it as I can't get it from CNN or Fox anymore.

#157 4 years ago

When they finally admit that *rump has it maybe reality will sink in.

Anybody calling it the flu, please report back here in 2-3 weeks after the biggest pile of shit you’ve ever seen hits the fan.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

alternative data that shows how many of us will die,

Testing = fail. CDC isn’t getting numbers, aren’t releasing numbers, people with pneumonia and lung infections across the Country aren’t being tested...the actual numbers are impossible to find out.

Listen to the head Dr for the government, Fauci. Believe him, he advises the prez.

#159 4 years ago

This thread: “I’m so sick. I have it”
“Oh no get better buddy”
“Take care this is serious”
“Did you get tested?”
“How are you sure”
“It’s just the flu”
“Faker”
“You’re scum get fucked”

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I stopped at two stores tonight, and there definitely is a panic going on. Empty shelves, accidents in the parking lot, etc. The data shows this isn't anything that we have not experienced in the last few years in terms of mortality. Yet, the fires of panic are stocked and blazing away. If you have alternative data that shows how many of us will die, please provide it as I can't get it from CNN or Fox anymore.

We just know potential numbers, no one knows for certain. They are erring on the side of caution. As much as everyone is trying to liken this to past events or the flu, when was the last time you saw something like this done by multiple countries? Again, blame the media all you want but the powers that be and other countries aren't getting their info from CNN or Fox. The only other conspiracy theory that would fit this is if they were going to use this whole debacle as a way to start a police state.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

When they finally admit that *rump has it maybe reality will sink in.
Anybody calling it the flu, please report back here in 2-3 weeks after the biggest pile of shit you’ve ever seen hits the fan.

What's fascinating. Wickerman, is they think WE are the ones that dont get it. This country is in big trouble with this pandemic. We're staring a nightmare right in the face and they're telling us to think happy thoughts.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Haha, why 50’s too much?

Would have to be a world record!

#163 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure the OP does have it. I'm also pretty sure people are attacking his post out of fear. We are in for bumpy ride for sure.

#164 4 years ago

Wonder how many of you remember when the media blew Ebola in Dallas out of proportion. One jack ass managed to board a flight from Africa to DFW and infected half a dozen others. Virus actually has a significant death toll compared to Flu/Corona. Has no one learned the media is nothing but a hype machine?

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We just know potential numbers, no one knows for certain. They are erring on the side of caution. As much as everyone is trying to liken this to past events or the flu, when was the last time you saw something like this done by multiple countries? Again, blame the media all you want but the powers that be and other countries aren't getting their info from CNN or Fox. The only other conspiracy theory that would fit this is if they were going to use this whole debacle as a way to start a police state.

That I agree with you on, no one knows for certain.

The issue that I have with your posts (and others), is that you disallow past historical precedents as irreleveant.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Wonder how many of you remember when the media blew Ebola in Dallas out of proportion. One jack ass managed to board a flight from Africa to DFW and infected half a dozen others. Virus actually has a significant death toll compared to Flu/Corona. Has no one learned the media is nothing but a hype machine?

It was contained quickly, even though there were screw ups. They quarantined those people (basically against their will). There was a lot of talk about if that was the right thing to do or not.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It was contained quickly, even though there were screw ups. They quarantined those people (basically against their will). There was a lot of talk about if that was the right thing to do or not.

Really? Because I distinctly remember one individual breaking quarantine publicly. Thankfully she was not infected.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That I agree with you on, no one knows for certain.
The issue that I have with your posts (and others), is that you disallow past historical precedents as irreleveant.

Unless you are going to go back 100+ years, there isn't really a precedent. Additionally, if you go back that far, the world was a far different place and number of people than now. If you want to use past as examples though, look up the comparisons done on cities that quarantined and locked themselves down versus cities that didn't for the same epidemic.

What is similar is the exponential spread given how it is spread. While death rates may be lower than what is being reported now and lower comparatively to other outbreaks once it is all said and done, we don't actually know how many people are infected with it or what the true mortality rate is.

I agree, there's lots of scares over the years that don't amount to a whole lot, but it isn't because people sat around and did nothing. There are various reasons none of which were ignoring it. The big difference here is this one got out and exploded rather quickly. Is it worth calling off everything as has been done? I can't say, but it certainly can't hurt. All it really does is cost some people some money for a time. That should be considered a lower priority than potential lives lost. The important thing being they still don't 100% understand this virus, whereas they know A LOT about the flu and that it is mostly predictable (mostly).

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Really? Because I distinctly remember one individual breaking quarantine publicly. Thankfully she was not infected.

Well, I did say there were screw ups. I won't pretend to know all the details because I don't.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The important thing being they still don't 100% understand this virus, whereas they know A LOT about the flu and that it is mostly predictable (mostly).

Are you sure on that? I would think that if we know A LOT on influenza, that there would be a higher rate of effectiveness via the flu shot....why is that?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1819estimates.htm

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Are you sure on that? I would think that if we know A LOT on influenza, that there would be a higher rate of effectiveness via the flu shot....why is that?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1819estimates.htm

There's more numbers involved than just the flu shot itself. People who don't get it for example skew the numbers. But from the same site:

"At least two factors play an important role in determining the likelihood that flu vaccine will protect a person from flu illness: 1) characteristics of the person being vaccinated (such as their age and health), and 2) the similarity or “match” between the flu viruses the flu vaccine is designed to protect against and the flu viruses spreading in the community. During years when the flu vaccine is not well matched to circulating influenza viruses, it is possible that little or no benefit from flu vaccination may be observed. During years when there is a good match between the flu vaccine and circulating viruses, it is possible to measure substantial benefits from flu vaccination in terms of preventing flu illness and complications. However, even during years when the flu vaccine match is good, the benefits of flu vaccination will vary, depending on various factors like the characteristics of the person being vaccinated, what influenza viruses are circulating that season and even, potentially, which type of flu vaccine was used."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from frickfrack:

The last one who occupied the chair sat around and twiddled his thumbs while 12,500 Americans died of the swine flu in 2009. No doubt you were equally critical right?

I was wondering what swine flu had to do with anything. Now I see the source:

“ Sleepy Joe Biden was in charge of the H1N1 Swine Flu epidemic which killed thousands of people. The response was one of the worst on record. Our response is one of the best, with fast action of border closings & a 78% Approval Rating, the highest on record. His was lowest!”

You guys are in a death cult. Just stop.

#173 4 years ago

Politics...

#174 4 years ago

Why does everyone think this is political? And which side does it benefit? I seriously can't tell. At the very least, people should put aside their political beliefs for a minute and consider what they can do for their neighbors, communities, country, and the world. That's true for any time of crisis, whether it's a tornado or disease. Have some empathy and do something to help if you can, especially if it's as simple as washing your fucking hands.

I'll also just say I don't really understand the tongue-in-cheek comparisons to past infections. Those diseases didn't have devastating effects for real people? Shouldn't we be applauding the medical community that was able to prevent those diseases from becoming much worse? Shouldn't we also probably listen to the things the same people are saying now about this disease?

What sort of numbers do you need to see before you start associating those numbers with people you care about? It's OK to be at least a little concerned and consider what you can do to help prevent the spread of a disease that may have a devastating effect on the people of certain populations and their families.

I think everyone's fear needs a little balance right now. You probably shouldn't go out and jam on pinball for 3 days and then visit mi-ma in the old folks home. And you also shouldn't be buying toilet paper in anything other than a normal fucking quantity.

#175 4 years ago
C41A2091-45A5-42DA-936C-3F34737DEF3F (resized).jpegC41A2091-45A5-42DA-936C-3F34737DEF3F (resized).jpeg
#176 4 years ago

Allow me to clear the air - THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL PROBLEM.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Or better yet ignore the very obvious pandemic thats in full effect and every thing will work out beautifully. Not doing anything and pretending everything is fine is the real shame.

This is not what i'm saying at all. There is a huge difference between being a responsible citizen and human being and starting thread telling people I might have it and i'm buying all the toilet paper I can find so when the pandemic is here I'll be laughing at the world eating all the toilet paper I want.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Allow me to clear the air - THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL PROBLEM.

There is without question a serious health threat to America just as it is blatantly obvious some are attaching political overtones simply to their advance their own agendas.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

There is without question a serious health threat to America just as it is blatantly obvious some are attaching political overtones simply to their advance their own agendas.

It's just not the politicians in America, but it's other nations as well. You can't take politics and hatred out of anything any more, at least they can't. Sad, but true.

#180 4 years ago

here is a chance to actually get some facts from someone who has it and we scare him away - hey op please keep posting and explain what you are going through - and if by luck you don't have it that's great and better. if you do test positive please keep us updated as all information can be helpfull to some of us as right now we only have the media to give us info - thanks ed

#181 4 years ago

Ok then let’s get rid of the politics in this thread. Not needed. The real thing is Travish. From what I’ve seen on here from him is a pretty stand up guy. Not like a bunch of douche bags that have been bashing him. He may have it. Have a heart. Have some compassion. He’s not the average dick on this site.

For those that don’t think it’s real? Michigan went from having 3 confirmed cases to 12 within a couple hours. Schools are closing state wide till April 6th. All other events are canceled. That has to tell you something. This is real and shouldn’t be taken lightly. I don’t panic but this could get scary quickly

#182 4 years ago

If someone still doesn't think this is serious, the Craigslist flipper ads wanting to buy your pinball games have exponentially increased with the infection rate. Coincidence? I think not.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

here is a chance to actually get some facts from someone who has it and we scare him away...

You shouldn't start a thread giving people the impression that you have it if you have not even been tested for it - period. What kind of 'facts' are you going to get when he's not even sure if he has it? Please. If your sources for facts are people with hunches or those that start sentences with "I think" - that's a problem.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

You shouldn't start a thread giving people the impression that you have it if you have not even been tested for it - period. What kind of 'facts' are you going to get when he's not even sure if he has it? Please. If your sources for facts are people with hunches or those that start sentences with "I think" - that's a problem.

post #18:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-got-corona-virus#post-5521532

#185 4 years ago

Travish does not strike me as being a kook

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Travish does not strike me as being a kook

You don't need to be a kook to do something irresponsible.

#187 4 years ago

i just took my temperature, and now that you mention it -

fever (resized).PNGfever (resized).PNG
#188 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

You don't need to be a kook to do something irresponsible.

Give him a break ..support the guy regardless

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Give him a break ..support the guy regardless

He's scared and reached out to our community. 100 pct support and he's not a scammer . don't forget the question mark on the thread title

#190 4 years ago

Imo please clear the down votes

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

He's scared and reached out to our community. 100 pct support and he's not a scammer . don't forget the question mark on the thread title

I agree -- the title of the thread was originally annoying, but it's a time to be a little easier on people and try to come together more not look for reasons to jump on people. People are going to be freaking out and panicking -- empathy and understanding might go a long way in a time like this. I have to really work on this myself as I have a gut reaction to be annoyed by people freaking out and panicking.

Get better Travis!

#192 4 years ago

Outstanding Reply Plywood.

#193 4 years ago

150 thousand people die EVERY DAY in this world, why are people so obsessed with the ones from this virus.

#194 4 years ago

Because the Canadian government shut down today

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

150 thousand people die EVERY DAY in this world, why are people so obsessed with the ones from this virus.

Because they don't want it to be 155 thousand a day? This is new, this is unknown. What is the magic number you need to hear that need to die to make people take this seriously?

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nothing to show off. Just replying to your rude comment.
And sure - PM me if you have an issue. I agree take it off of here and I wish the same to you and everyone else on these boards - stay well! My comments related to the insane amount of panicking over the flu. Period.

You are not a nice person, I bet you hoarded and are all set.

It is not the flu, keeping distance is not panicking.

#197 4 years ago

I agree with bumper. People should come together now instead of push apart. Sad.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I agree with bumper. People should come together now instead of push apart. Sad.

So which is it, hug or stay 6 feet from each other. I'm confused

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

No, no--don't do that, that's how the virus spreads

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

No, no--don't do that, that's how the virus spreads

Emotionally!! ♥️

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-got-corona-virus/page/4?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.