8F154280-B176-4AC9-8314-DE8BAB718D03 (resized).jpeg
fever (resized).PNG
C41A2091-45A5-42DA-936C-3F34737DEF3F (resized).jpeg
304E47B3-BCC5-48D2-8068-135AF2559AE8 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1583885952006 (resized).jpg
915F7938-8144-481F-858D-6E75793EDD0A (resized).jpeg
88E98AF6-7B2C-42C8-B4B2-D6B22D7121AE (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just because he isn't salivating at the mouth to embrace panic and drive fear?

who says understanding the concern and trying to get in front of it is embracing panic and driving fear? That's you and him. Not me.

#102 4 years ago

We should panic for my hamster Edwin... he's caught a case bad.

Please help!! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-strange-science-help-me-save-my-hamster

#103 4 years ago

Comes back from grave as zombie...gaaaa....meeedia.....gaaaa.....idiots.....gaaaa.....ba....da....booooooom

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How bout when 100,000,000+ people are out of work with no way to pay their bills?

How bout that? 330 million Americans. 157 million in the workforce. Typical hyped up stupid comment Odin. 100 million people are not going to lose their jobs! But hey, keep throwing out the nonsense if it makes you feel better.

Just the numbers and facts brother. I'm sure you will be fine in retirement especially come November.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had a pain in my foot too. But it went away with no further symptoms.

Who's ass was it up?

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How bout that? 330 million americans. 157 million in the workforce. Typical hyped up stupid comment Odin. 100 million people are not going to lose their jobs! But hey, keep throwing out the nonsense if it makes you feel better.
Just the numbers and facts brother. I'm sure you will be fine in retirement!

Did I say just in America?

Keep pumping the stock market Ice, I'm sure you will be fine.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

who says understanding the concern and trying to get in front of it is embracing panic and driving fear? That's you and him. Not me.

Understanding the concern is logical. Vilifying everyone who points to the data or historical trend to come to an opposing view is another....

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did I say just in America?
Keep pumping the stock market Ice, I'm sure you will be fine.

I will most definitely! Keep pumping the doom and gloom

Tell me how many dead people there are worldwide? What happened in China? Back to work.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Understanding the concern is logical. Vilifying everyone who points to the data or historical trend to come to an opposing view is another....

If people who say 'it's a media hoax' repeatedly is simply an opposing view, then it needs vilifying due to its willful ignorance.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will most definitely! Keep pumping the doom and gloom

Who are you rooting for in March Madness this year?

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Here’s a retrospective on us response from an unbiased source:
https://www.csis.org/blogs/smart-global-health/h1n1-influenza-and-us-response-looking-back-2009
Don’t just say shit to say shit. Use some critical thinking.

hmm... this article actually states how *lucky* the US was with a weak virus and an available vaccine. The US did not shut down travel from where the virus originated, did not practice any social isolation (a proven method of slowing disease) and did not... well do much of anything actually. They do give themselves ample credit for "dispelling myths", etc. Whoopee. The US also came up short 130 million doses of the 160 million vaccines they claimed they would have by Oct.

Heck even your "unbiased" NYT columnist stated it was "Luck" and struggled quite a bit to give examples of the "Apt" part of the govt response (didn't have to use much Tamiflu, didn't hurt the economy, etc). Lotta back-patting in retrospect for their "conservative" response. Kinda comical actually (if people hadn't actually died).

Would we have had less than 12,500 deaths if the govt had acted more aggressively? Who knows but this article certainly doesn't dispute the "twiddling" comment at all.

Fun read though... thx

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If people who say 'it's a media hoax' repeatedly is simply an opposing view, then it needs vilifying due to its willful ignorance.

I don’t think it’s a hoax. I do believe the media is fanning the flames of fear with the biggest fan possible with hysterical coverage and pseudo science.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who are you rooting for in March Madness this year?

Ooooohhhhhh scary. LOL

I'm terrified. LMAO

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I don’t think it’s a hoax. I do believe the media is fanning the flames of fear with the biggest fan possible with hysterical coverage and pseudo science.

I don't disagree there are people panicking. Just like there are people on the opposite end of the spectrum with the 'it isn't serious, doesn't impact me I'll do what I want' attitude.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't think anybody thinks the virus is a "hoax"... they have parents too. They just know the media is gonna ride this pony HARD until the very last case is accounted for. Finally they have something they feel will force you to check their page, watch their station and help them raise advertising rates. They got the "eyeballs" they've always dreamed of.

Cynical as it sounds that's business and to ignore this side of it would also be "willful ignorance".

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I don't think anybody thinks the virus is a "hoax"... they have parents too. They just know the media is gonna ride this pony HARD until the very last case is accounted for. Finally they have something they feel will force you to check their page, watch their station and help them raise advertising rates. They got the "eyeballs" they've always dreamed of.
Cynical as it sounds that's business and to ignore this side of it would also be "willful ignorance".

agreed, but none of that means this isn't serious, which is what many with the stance basically are alluding to if not outright saying it. Take the media out of the equation and this is still a shitshow that's just getting wound up.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

agreed, but none of that means this isn't serious, which is what many with the stance basically are alluding to if not outright saying it. Take the media out of the equation and this is still a shitshow that's just getting wound up.

Hey believe me I'm worried to death about my Mom and am actively trying to shut down her social engagements (it can be a futile task though). A vaccine can't come quick enough.

That don't give a shit attitude can come from younger people that really don't have as much to worry about. Already they are piling aboard airplanes and raving about the dirt cheap fares.

#118 4 years ago

The virus is NOT a hoax. The overhyped social media fear campaign is a HOAX.

Cancelling events is a good thing if it shortens the lifespan. I'm all for it.

My parents are 81 and they should be cautious. They are in at risk group. Not going to Vegas next week for baseball drafts and March Madness which sucks but hey, we'll get over it, life will go on.

Meanwhile, everybody stoking the fear and panic for whatever purposes you might have can carry on. I'm out!

GL Travish

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No one (here) is saying it's a media hoax. Is it real, of course it is. Do we need to take precautions? Absolutely. Saying the media is amplifying it and claiming it's a hoax are two different things. I'm sure you get that, but it just appears that anyone who dares to hold a different view has their comments twisted in saying something they are not.

#120 4 years ago

Well hopefully you'll get better and if you do please let us know so they will know that not everybody dies from it.

There's obviously been a lot of people that have contracted it and have survived but nobody talks about that

#121 4 years ago

I am glad he is at home and not out spitting on microphones and touching people for laughs

Get well T.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

There's obviously been a lot of people that have contracted it and have survived but nobody talks about that

I've read a couple stories where they said it was like a minor cold that lasted a couple days. Probably in most instances that is what it is like beyond feeling no symptoms at all.

The numbers that get counted the most are the ones that get hit real hard with it and thus can be documented.

#124 4 years ago

Say a bunch of crazy lying shit and then audi 5000. Klassic

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The test would help determine how much alarm you raise to: family, friends, coworkers, schools etc
Think about it...stay home...ok. Wife doing that...what about kids going to school potentially asymptomatic?
Unless you’re a loner, test would help slow spread.

This point seems to be lost on a lot of people around here. It doesn't matter if you yourself dont get seriously Ill, but if you know you have the coronavirus you can make sure not to infect those that WILL get seriously ill.

Also good luck travis, I hope its nothing serious.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

No one (here) is saying it's a media hoax. Is it real, of course it is. Do we need to take precautions? Absolutely. Saying the media is amplifying it and claiming it's a hoax are two different things. I'm sure you get that, but it just appears that anyone who dares to hold a different view has their comments twisted in saying something they are not.

I feel like you are splitting hairs (as well as is Ice who we know just last week was calling anyone who was concerned a dummy, as well as many others stating that getting this was 'unlikely' etc and that this was simply media manipulation.) If you are just using the people buying stuff off the shelves as panic I get it, but that's practically nobody on this forum doing that. It's pretty much double talk and I feel a few are backpeddling but wanting to hold onto the 'it's not that bad' mentality. It isn't that bad. Yet. I guess my question would be how is the media amplifying it? You mean by reporting on it non stop just like they did on 9/11 or SARS? or anything else? Yea, sure, except THAT isn't where we are or have been getting the information from. So when someone comes in here and just throws out 'oh it's just media hype', it pretty much comes off as someone who's only watched CNN or FOX and hasn't actually looked into what is really happening and still thinks it is some media conspiracy. It is not.

#127 4 years ago

Humans have completely loss their minds and the result is the world economy is going down the drain.

Keep alarming people and our way of life is about to change forever.

Shame

#128 4 years ago

"Ordo ab Chao". It seems to be working.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I know there’s several other threads but...
I’m pretty sure I’ve got it. I work at a state college and they announced they are closing face to face classes and pushing everything possible to on line starting Friday.
Let me start by saying I hardly ever get sick and haven't had a flu or fever in 15 years or more till day before yesterday. Started with pain in my feet when standing about a week ago. I haven't felt quite right but couldn’t put my finger on it starting Monday night. Tuesday night going to bed I knew something was up for sure. Slept terrible. Head filled up like a really bad cold. Dry cough, 101.4 fever for 2 days straight. Just the thought of getting out from under the electric blanket made me start shivering. Ate a tiny bag of cheese nips and 3 Vienna sausages in 2 days. I have been drinking Gatorade like a mad man though.
Sent my boss a picture of the thermometer and said I wouldn’t be in. He said you shouldn’t hold the thermometer under hot water and said my water heater should be a minimum of 120. Smart ass.
It’s coming. Get ready.

Whatever it is I hope you feel better. Avoid staying over bundled though. It might just raise your fever...especially a heated blanket even though it might feel nice. Stay hydrated and eat when you can tolerate it in small amounts and get plenty of rest. Good luck

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Whatever it is I hope you feel better. Avoid staying over bundled though. It might just raise your fever...especially a heated blanket even though it might feel nice. Stay hydrated and eat when you can tolerate it in small amounts and get plenty of rest. Good luck

In other words, do exactly the same things you did the other 50 times you’ve had a flu in your life...and didn’t have to start a thread about it.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Humans have completely loss their minds and the result is the world economy is going down the drain.
Keep alarming people and our way of life is about to change forever.
Shame

Or better yet ignore the very obvious pandemic thats in full effect and every thing will work out beautifully. Not doing anything and pretending everything is fine is the real shame.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

In other words, do exactly the same things you did the other 50 times you’ve had a flu in your life...and didn’t have to start a thread about it.

And maybe not eat Vienna sausages and cheese nips when your sick

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol, typical dopey comment. This time the economy is rocking with a short term social media created hysterical panic going on that is also politically motivated.
Wake me up when a few million people start dying. 36 people in the US dead, 4600 worldwide.
As the reality hits in the next several weeks, the facts and the numbers, the economy will be back on track full strength and stronger than before due to 1). Fed policy. 2) Tax policy. 3) Regulatory Policy 4) Fiscal policy and 5) Trade policy, all 5 pillars are in positive mode.
Markets will make new highs by the end of the year and the 3rd and 4th quarter GDP numbers will be phenomenal.
Again, UNLESS, the virus magically starts killing tens of thousands of people all of a sudden, cruise right through this panic and hysteria. LOL
If the virus is so deadly ask yourself the question, why are only 4600 people dead worldwide where in a country like China with 1.4 BILLION people it just didn't happen? China is on the decline case wise and heading back to work. Just the facts.
Sorry, hope you feel better Travish and your odds of making it out alive are quite good my brother!!!

Poetry Ice poetry. The biggest bunch of media juiced BS I’ve seen in a long time. We’re panicking ourselves right into a recession. Losing to the flu. It’s embarrassing. Wake up!

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

In other words, do exactly the same things you did the other 50 times you’ve had a flu in your life...

Dude, get inside a bubble NOW, I think you got some immune system issues

#135 4 years ago

Sounds to me like someone is panicking about being able to sell his pins.

#136 4 years ago

Don't know why Travish got so many thumbs down. It's not like he started a gofundme or anything.

I've seen hundreds of threads bellyaching about this or that and they usually garner support.

I guess if he had a real problem like a sick pet or a wife that won't let him do this or that, then pinside might be a little more understanding.

#137 4 years ago

Ice, I took your advice on the Stock Market the last few weeks that everything was fine, and DID not sell.
I am out 100K, can you cover me?

Hope you are feeling better tonight, Travish.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Poetry Ice poetry

Roses are red, violets are blue
I can’t explain 1000 deaths in Italy
So I’ll ignore it and also ignore that I was dead wrong on stock market, nba, tpf, sports in general, so it’s a hoax boo hoo

Sweet poetry alright

#139 4 years ago

I think that people are being waaaay over cautious..it’s not like it’s the bubonic plague! Every few years, there seems to be a new ‘flu/virus’ ..I dunno wtf to make out of all this..but w all these cancellations/postponed events & all, I’m gonna be playing more pin at home n hopefully setting some higher scores..I hope that you feel better soon Travish..

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Roses are red, violets are blue
I can’t explain 1000 deaths in Italy
So I’ll ignore it and also ignore that I was dead wrong on stock market, nba, tpf, sports in general, so it’s a hoax boo hoo
Sweet poetry alright

Can't explain 1000 deaths? Who was wrong about stock market NBA tpf? Sounds like you're smoking too much out there in CO. Not even she what you're talking about

#Panicmania. The scope of this is incredible. More cancellations to come I'm sure too.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I think that people are being waaaay over cautious..it’s not like it’s the bubonic plague!

The estimated mortality rate for people treated with the Bubonic plague is 10-15%
The same rate is elderly and sick people catching this Virus.

Maybe from your personal age, you are fine, but many have parents, and senior friends that dont like
the odds from this being very close to the Plague.

But Yes, people are panicking.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The estimated mortality rate for people treated with the Bubonic plague is 10-15%
The same rate is elderly and sick people catching this Virus.
Maybe from your personal age, you are fine, but many have parents, and senior friends that dont like
the odds from this being very close to the Plague.
But Yes, people are panicking.

You call what we're seeing now panic? This isn't panic. This isn't even close to panic.

#143 4 years ago

Go lick a grocery cart handle and report back genius.

#144 4 years ago

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude, get inside a bubble NOW, I think you got some immune system issues

Haha, why 50’s too much?

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

True, have another word for the behavior today?

Covidiocy?

#147 4 years ago

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I know there’s several other threads but...
I’m pretty sure I’ve got it. I work at a state college and they announced they are closing face to face classes and pushing everything possible to on line starting Friday.
Let me start by saying I hardly ever get sick and haven't had a flu or fever in 15 years or more till day before yesterday. Started with pain in my feet when standing about a week ago. I haven't felt quite right but couldn’t put my finger on it starting Monday night. Tuesday night going to bed I knew something was up for sure. Slept terrible. Head filled up like a really bad cold. Dry cough, 101.4 fever for 2 days straight. Just the thought of getting out from under the electric blanket made me start shivering. Ate a tiny bag of cheese nips and 3 Vienna sausages in 2 days. I have been drinking Gatorade like a mad man though.
Sent my boss a picture of the thermometer and said I wouldn’t be in. He said you shouldn’t hold the thermometer under hot water and said my water heater should be a minimum of 120. Smart ass.
It’s coming. Get ready.

Um, better you than me?

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Go lick a grocery cart handle and report back genius.

Bravo wickerman! Really well played and shows your incredible intellect.

Look - I get you're not the brightest color in the crayon box. That's fine but continue breathing in and out, stay at home on your computer typing and it will all be over soon.

Closing your eyes would also help. Backup plan for you.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Look - I get you're not the brightest color in the crayon box. That's fine but continue breathing in and out, stay at home on your computer typing and it will all be over soon.
Closing your eyes would also help. Backup plan for you.

Go ahead and send me a pm if you have an issue and want to talk without showing off or whatever. Stay healthy otherwise and maybe read something and tune in to any world news.

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-got-corona-virus/page/3?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.