(Topic ID: 112147)

I've come to this SOBER conclusion pinsiders!

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by McCune
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141211_080617.jpg
    pink bugatti.jpg
    yup.jpg
    yup.jpg
    image-360.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 9 years ago

with things as they are (perceived to be now anyway) I agree with the OP here.
    back when, doing stained glass, half up front half upon completion within 60-90 days.
    I could understand 180 or 270 days max the same way for pinball machines, with production batch minimum of 50 needing filled to show real interest for production to begin.. but it should be fully developed FIRST! a complete working playable prototype model, not vague descriptives.
    with custom glass we had consultations with fully developed cartoons of proposed builds same way.

there should be insurance involved too, like 15% refund option for every 30 days late no product.
    s#it or get off the pot! if missing deadlines is going to cost them money by contract they will DO.
    where someone waits 6 or 9 months, about 7 months beyond that time they get a machine half price or been fully refunded their half up front payment. how long would it be before an insurer refuses coverage to the non-productive? in many other fields, workers must be bonded and insured, so why not apply similar to others who like to make big promises?

IMHO something like this wouldnt be unreasonable when asking people for money to DO with. if there is demand for beyond the first 50, production and delivery time SHOULD be shorter than the initial batch. if new batch slots arent filled in a reasonable time, maybe the demand for the idea has been met? the idea of people shelling out thousands and waiting 2-3+ years, to me, is ridiculous.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-come-to-this-sober-conclusion-pinsiders?tu=zizzlemeplease and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.