(Topic ID: 112147)

I've come to this SOBER conclusion pinsiders!

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by McCune
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141211_080617.jpg
    pink bugatti.jpg
    yup.jpg
    yup.jpg
    image-360.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If there has been anybody who has been all over and all in on pre orders over the years, starting with JJP and Woz, and a big supporter of new pinball, its me and I've finally realized the following:
    The "new guys" need to reach out to other places to find 3rd party funding sources with the appropriate "muscle", and not customer deposits. Why?
    NONE of them can keep to a timeline, have ZERO accountability, and simply don't care when it gets done despite promises made, over and over, lie after lie.
    If you have a business partner, with "muscle", I guarantee that BS changes and pins are developed and pushed out the door. The "new guy" and "muscle" get paid when the pin is actually FINISHED! i.e. Stern.
    I think its bye bye to the pre order model. Never thought I'd say that because I want pin makers to succeed.
    Timeline Abusers:
    JJP
    SkitB
    Jpop
    Soon to be Abusing the timeline:
    DP
    Heighway (after Nordman's reveal)
    And anybody else making a pin on pre order

I'm with ya Ice. About time pinball makers shoulder the burden of producing a product THEN selling it. Humans been doin' it this way for thousands of years.

NO MORE CHEATING! FIND OTHER SOURCES OF INCOME TO PRODUCE.

Hi, I'm Rick, and I'm a previous preorderer.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Yeah, right!!!
    Some of you guys talk a good game up until something is released that you've always wanted and then you're back to the stupid preorder scam.

No. It's different now. If just one preorder screwed up its one thing. But between the huge egos of these companies sometimes, the consistent money due timelines and the ' we'll let you know when something happens' mentality returned to us, even us hardcore supporters of new companies are burnt out and feeling a bit unappreciated.

When a hobby starts to feel like a poor corporate investment strategy, who's to blame?

I'm out of excuses for everyone, taking my money and keeping it in the bank.

Once PRED shows up, that's it. And only cuz I've already sunk the money into it.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

It is funny to see Walking Dead LE's for sale already, and the STLE's how many of those went right up for sale after it came out?

Same amount of STLE as any other title. TWDLE isn't flooding the market with stock. I've seen an average # of NIB and HUO so far, but within the next 6 months as stock either dries up or stagnates, will dictate title success.

No idea what you're seeing, but way too soon to call foul on recent titles, except Mustang, as that DOES seem to have been sitting in distro stock, not moving.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Without the blind faith and support from our early customers, we were dead before we even started... plain and simple. We still have to take deposits, and I pretty much hate that. At our level we can't build a pile of games and hope that someone buys them down the road... sadly.
    Flat out... the goal is to get to a minimum down payment on future games AFTER you've had a chance to see it, and NOTHING more before the game is ready to go to you. Trust me... that's a tough goal to achieve when you're eating all the 2 year minimum development costs, rent, payroll, insurance, taxes, utilities, and everything else associated with doing this job. But it's where I want to be...
    Basically I'm just saying thanks to everyone who helps and supports us, either by buying a game or verbally on here. We aren't perfect, but we've pretty much killed ourselves to get this far.
    It was worth it.

Charlie, this growing pain you're going through has forced you to adapt, improvise and overcome, which will help your business achieve greatness as long as other factors work out...(timing, market conditions).

You and Stern along with Heighway (since they seem to have a running factory), are doing it right.
    Shoulder the risks and hope for greatness. Your alright in my book Chuck! ;D

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-come-to-this-sober-conclusion-pinsiders?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.