You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

roadshow_playfield.jpg
catfight-poster.jpg
michaelscott.jpg
nike-child-labor.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I do understand the requirements of copyright holders to defend their rights or lose them. And it is true that,
in an effort to improve the marginal or unfinished code of existing games instead of totally reinvent them, they
were apparently using video clips from the original code. So, PPS could have chosen to make their efforts legal
by giving them a license to use it as long as they did not sell anything or make a profit. By issuing a license, they are takingsteps to protect their copyright while still allowing the projects to exist and continue. Instead, they have
chosen to say "you need to take that out". Is that within their rights? Yup, it sure is. Just like not buying their product is mine.

Not knowing all the facts of any of these "transgressions", there are right ways and wrong ways to go about handling things in this small world that is the pinball community.

Majoring in the minors is usually not a good thing. License whatever it is, make $5 per logo times 50 pinball covers and make the community happy. Meanwhile, Lincensee can simply pass that cost along.

Again, obviously I don't know all the details, just what I hear and what makes sense to me. Hopefully these things can get worked out.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Making money is not a sin. If a company doesn't make money it doesn't survive and you don't get products that many in the hobby want. This whole concept of doing it for the love of the hobby and money being evil is bs. Very few people here could actually run a company successfully. Making a profit is essential.

Something I can actually agree on with you

Quoted from chessiv:

There are very good legal reasons for this and I can't say I blame WMS.

Such as? What are the potential "damages" and liability?

#92 10 years ago

The Op has every right to state his opinion and Rick and PPS have every right to defend themselves.

I don't know all the facts on either side only the talk and opinions that gets thrown around on here.

It just seems like to me, based on what i hear and see, that maybe there are some bad operators with bad intentions, in the extreme minority and then there are the overwhelming majority simply trying to improve and help the state of pinball, like CCC, that instead of working something out for the benefit of all of pinball, the main effort is to simply shut it down. Again, that is the perception, maybe not the reality. I don't know.

Then it comes down to someone like myself simply wanting to get a Wh20 "logo patch" on my pinball dust cover from another pinsider who must be making millions on selling these He can't make them as he has been threatened to be pulled off of this site. Now hopefully they can come up with a reasonable solution/license.

Which of course, the license fee will be passed on down to the consumer like myself so PPS can make whatever they want to make on it. I just want a dust cover with a logo. Let's go. It's just business and profit if a good thing.

Whether its Jpop, CCC, other code, dust covers etc… this is a small close knit community

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its just like anything else... get caught in the hype and it can make you do crazy things. Once you have time to think about the whole situation reason and sanity will always prevail... for some that is.

Speaking of crazy, go get your $10,500 Ac/dc Bib on Mr. Pinball now, probably even make a cheaper deal!

You should listen to your own advice Tony.

#101 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure WMS is more concerned about their new "Ruby Red 2 Wizard of Oz" slot machines or Willy Wonka than what is going on in the pinball world even though they are making money on the license they granted to PPS back in 2010 based on whatever PPS can market and sell to us.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm in contact with him... don't worry about me Ice. I always do the right thing! Patience is a virtue.

Exactly, "patience", why are you trying to catch the falling knife

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Are you worried about future pinball values? If that's the case we are all catching falling knives...

I'm not worried about it, but yeah, it's raining knives! I might try and catch a few myself….

With MMr, when it gets closer and it looks like we'll have a much better and improved MM (in the eyes of most), then all the chatter will turn back to excitement I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-cancelled-my-mmr-order?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.