(Topic ID: 172477)

I've been a long time Stern Pinball fan, but I'm done with them.

By jar155

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 767 posts
  • 195 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

daytona (resized).jpg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Stern Toilet Paper Dispenser (resized).jpg
    Stern Store 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0709 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0726 (resized).jpg
    service-with-a-smile1 (resized).png
    IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2525 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    airplane_the_movie-25482 (resized).jpg
    588f2 (resized).jpg
    image-8 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#360 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

As for BM66 not being flippable at expo. I'm pretty certain that's something that Stern and everybody involved in the game would have wanted. Do you not think they all busted their asses to make that happen??!! It didn't happen... and yet, they sold a boat load of those pins.

No. My very own opinion is that that wanted to get it sold unseen and paid unplayed. If they wanted to they could have gotten it ready to be played. My suspicion is that it plays roughly the same as the original, and the original is not famous for its great gameplay.

That is also why I cancelled out of my order. It seems like they just want to push this machine down our throaths.

#380 7 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I don't understand that. Did they put a gun to your head and force you to pre order one?
    It is an overpriced luxury toy. If you like what they've shown so far then order one. If you are unsure due to lack of gameplay details then don't.
    Once they are available you can re-evaluate and if you like it buy a premium. If not then wait for the next over priced shiny flashy thing to come along.

I live in Europe and here the LE which I had on order was sold out in about 6 hours. My distributor only gets 4 of them and it was a question of deciding immediately or not have the chance to buy it. Furthermore the price was announced two weeks later at 12500 Euro, about 14000 dollar. Even that was not the problem because I was sure that BM66 would be something special, but the fact that I had to decide immediately after expo to send the pre-order money was.

No gameplay whatsoever was shown at Expo, just a normal Stern which has a lot of the same artwork on all sides and even the same on the playfield. The ONLY thing that would make BM66LE worth the 14000 dollar would be the fact that it was limited and the best you could get, except there also is the SLE of course so that makes that point somewhat moot.

You can argue with my points, but I am a long time LE buyer and for me this way of doing business is just not right. Show me what I get for my money and I can evaluate and decide like you suggested. In this case I had to decide without anything to go on and the sale would be final, no refund. That is why it indeed felt like being forced to do something based on hype alone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.