(Topic ID: 172477)

I've been a long time Stern Pinball fan, but I'm done with them.

By jar155

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 767 posts
  • 195 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

daytona (resized).jpg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Stern Toilet Paper Dispenser (resized).jpg
    Stern Store 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0709 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0726 (resized).jpg
    service-with-a-smile1 (resized).png
    IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2525 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    airplane_the_movie-25482 (resized).jpg
    588f2 (resized).jpg
    image-8 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 7 years ago

I was gonna buy a GB Premium NIB.

Like for reals.

Instead I bought a used TWD last week, & maybe a used MET next week, from a guy clearing space/funds for Alien.

My wife & daughter are very disappointed we aren't getting a GB but that title is a mess right now & since Stern didn't reply to my PF inquiry I cant give them my money.

I'm just one dude tho. I cant compete with the BM66 folks who just dont give AF about quality, pricing, code & respect.

#106 7 years ago

I'm pretty much blaming you Ice

Maybe Frolic too

Lol

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Raise your hand if you have played a BM66?

Costco shoppers played it before the art update

batmanlite3 (resized).jpgbatmanlite3 (resized).jpg

batmanlite1 (resized).jpgbatmanlite1 (resized).jpg

#117 7 years ago

Rumor is the next Zeitgeist sequel will be about BM66

#119 7 years ago

Put half a kilo of booger sugar in that F'n game tho & its a start

Quoted from jar155:

They can't deliver $15,000 of value in a game. That's not possible

#137 7 years ago

Ice while you're all fired up can you elaborate on JJP's Dialed In?

Bahahahaha

#290 7 years ago

GB will be a disaster for the next 3+ years

Watch

But many wont even notice because they will have a hard on for next incomplete unproven broken game

#300 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What's disaster about it?
    Nvm. I love it doesn't matter
    Don't worry, Aerosmith hate will fill up the threads in Jan. Everything will be a distant memory

I saw enough to take it off my wishlist & piss away that same cash on other games/ill shit.

Ghosting is a HUGE problem & even worse is how Stern ignored my (and many others) emails in regards to PF warranty. Thats a dick move. I dont like dicks. No offense to those that do. My cousin loves em.

Code complaints are a major concern since historical data proves it may never be resolved.

Factor in the airballs, slimer problems, ramp gripes & 5 animations for the goggles.... ah fuck it. I dont need that in my life lol

(As we bicker & disagree always remember this isnt PW vs Ice )

#416 7 years ago

My TWD = The Walking Dimple

None of my other Sterns look like TWD

I've had TSPP, FGY & LOTR for 5+ years. They aren't noticeably dimpled today nor when purchased or any time in between. Those 3 were all true low play HUO QC when acquired. What a great week that was!

Maybe dimples will level out as promised? Time will tell. Its a non issue to me however when compared to current ghosting & chipping PF's + incomplete code on many games.

#468 7 years ago

Whats the bug in ST?

I have it on my wishlist because the shots feel good.

Brought TWD home 2 weeks ago & although I love the code (X shot especially) almost every other game now I see the skillshot bug.

#475 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

What's the TWD skillshot bug?
    ST has many quirky glitches and bugs. But if you're referring to the wizard mode bug, if I remember correctly, if you play each mission tier 1&2 starting at prime directive and moving around the grid clockwise it won't start enterprise amok on the final tier 2 mission. So it's not likely to happen, but it is there.

I found the ST bug thread... Holy shit. No way I want that in my life. Took it off my wishlist. Such a shame as it shoots so nicely.

TWD skillshot bug is not related to Woodbury. Its from the prison door opening & turning off the inserts. Its right in your face before you even get to use your flippers. Fastest bug to surface during a game in pinball history lol.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-skillshot#post-3428158

#478 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had that occur from time to time when I first got my TWD, i fixed it by opening the gap on the prison walker switch. If that switch isn't gapped right, itll cause all sorts of weird issues, especially with the xbow. Gapped that switch and never saw that issue again for the remainder of its life at my home.

I wish that were true man

Its not the prison walker

Trust me. Its a bug

I had it gapped wide & narrow without change

#480 7 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

Yep! Same here.. works perfect now

Explain please. Now I'm intrigued

#484 7 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

I am not sure, it just doesn't have any issues since changing the switch on the prison head. Maybe make a video of what you are describing?

I did an experiment (home today) & put a piece of paper in the leaf switch & the issue was gone.

The problem is I'd have to gap the walker so wide it wouldn't register for shit during game play

Appears the red switch bounces under the playfield when the prison doors open.

Fuck. I have to choose between a registering walker or a functioning skillshot.

Wish the code would accomodate the vibration of the prison mech during skillshot.

SKB & KPG thank you very much for the insight

Back to bitching about Stern lol. Im off to see what I can do with TWD

#494 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah! Well, in my case, gapping the walker switch made it more sensitive not less! I think the way the walker bash target is designed, having a little extra gap makes it register better from all shot angles.

I see what you're saying.

Move the red switch back towards the giant zombie head mechanism

Even tho the front leaf is the one to adjust on every other machine lol

Thanks man. I hope you get your TWD soon. I also hope I can resolve this without flipping my game over in frustration

#512 7 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Just backed out on a gb premium I had paid in full for monthssssss. Done with stern as a hobbiest.

Why back out of a paid in full GB?

QC?
    Communication?
    Pricing?
    DMD?
    Code?
    Expo party?
    Pinball News?
    BM66 BS?
    Ghosting?

#540 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah! Well, in my case, gapping the walker switch made it more sensitive not less! I think the way the walker bash target is designed, having a little extra gap makes it register better from all shot angles.

Thanks SKB & KPG!

Donation to Pinside en route for your assistance

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-skillshot#post-3440522

#590 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why, what happened last night?

Hopfully he bailed on his BM66 to send a message

Make pinball great again

#642 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

So we can expect him to run for President at some point?

Not until he flies the lolita express to orgy island & emails Podesta about the spirit cook.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.