(Topic ID: 172477)

I've been a long time Stern Pinball fan, but I'm done with them.

By jar155

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 767 posts
  • 195 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

daytona (resized).jpg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Stern Toilet Paper Dispenser (resized).jpg
    Stern Store 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0709 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0726 (resized).jpg
    service-with-a-smile1 (resized).png
    IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2525 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    airplane_the_movie-25482 (resized).jpg
    588f2 (resized).jpg
    image-8 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The distributor model isolates them from actual buyers. They like it that way. They KEEP it that way. Now they regulate all pricing.
    They have distros by the nuggets.
    A distributor preorders 20 TFLEs. The game disappoints. They have to sell inventory at a loss eventually.
    Next preorder, they try to order 10. Stern says "You want to order LESS? OK, we can give you 5." Distro needs to rep to 20 regardless of title then.
    You remove that layer where they need to deal with people and the attitude changes. This won't happen BTW.

If the Distros all don't like it they just need to come together and refuse Stern's new pricing model...Stern needs the Distro's.

#312 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

The fact they banned Martin from pinball news from the factory tour is just sad. Gb maybe my last NIB stern..

Yeah that was just lame. Heck even Ed Robertson made a joke about it in his song sung at the party.

1 week later
    #700 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

Disagree all you want. I sat and listened to Gary for an hour. He couldn't gush enough about barcades and the millennials who are discovering and playing pinball there.
    Don't have any interest in listening to a podcast. I believe you that George said that; however, with Gary saying completely the opposite including and I quote "operators are more of our business than collectors" the company is putting out mixed messages.
    That being said I do agree with your last sentence.

Gary said in this country we may be more then half not commercial, not operators. Anyone can hear the section in the 2nd part of the freeplay video at the 3:55 mark.

#702 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Not saying you didn't hear Gary say that... but it's worthy to note that Gary told the same podcast that more than half of Stern's US sales are to the home market.
    Stern does do healthy operator business in Europe, but these new prices are going to absolutely kill that.

I dont know $200 price increase doesn't seem like it will kill it to me. Not saying I like the price increase but BM66 is not their new pricing model.

#704 2 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

You sure about that? When has Stern ever lowered prices? I mean, they finally have an LCD in the game, so that cost MUST be passed on to the end consumer!!

Well according to Stern they have said that this is not their standard pricing model several times. LCD is cheaper then DMD's.

#720 2 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

200 will not kill it. But iffy quality control, code roulette and not quite ready games will.

Yeah those areas are not quite directed towards the operators though. Ghostbusters for example is a success for OPS...and it has issues in all three of those areas...I think Stern is addressing the playfield issues and I would hope all the QC areas. I am quite surprised that this year with only GB being released that code updates didn't seem to happen on older titles, seems like they had a lot of "catch up" time to do just that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside