(Topic ID: 172477)

I've been a long time Stern Pinball fan, but I'm done with them.

By jar155

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 767 posts
  • 195 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

daytona (resized).jpg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Stern Toilet Paper Dispenser (resized).jpg
    Stern Store 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0709 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0726 (resized).jpg
    service-with-a-smile1 (resized).png
    IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2525 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    airplane_the_movie-25482 (resized).jpg
    588f2 (resized).jpg
    image-8 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onwallst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#409 7 years ago

I agree. I have many Stern games but QC is crap. My Star Trek LE has dimples all over the play field. Stern told me that the playfeild had to season and they would go unnoticed. None of my Williams have this. Then I bought a premium Star Trek as we liked the theme a lot and it did the same thing but the decals came off in the box in shipping. Dealer got new decals and I installed them on a new game. Great fun! Playfeild still dimpled so I sold it and keeped my LE.

Bought a Metallica LE. Bubbles in decals. Stern was not easy to deal with on it. My dealer got them and I installed and sold it.

Bought the Metallica Pro. Issues with decals coming up on corners and major dimpling on play field. Had soldering issues on the coils. Fixed it and still have it as I like the game play.

Bought a Game of Thrones LE. I had ghosting issues on playfeild in first week. This was the first game I began to notice something different on the clear coat. Stern did nothing. I sold the game at a big loss.

Dealer said they had everything fixed so I tried one last time. I was lucky and got a GBLE (at least I thought.). It was a waiting game. My dealer kept giving my build date up so I could get the end of run GBLE. When the game came I would have sold NIB but there was no market for it without a hair cut. A friend and I added a playfeild protector from Germany right out of the box. This has protected the ghosting and ball dimples for now. We will see. I was done with Stern prior to a GBLE but it was always one more. GBLE is a very good game and fun to play. I hate they cheap it up by adding the switch on the box like their other recent games. They also got rid of the latch system on back box and latch on lock bar over the years. Do they not understand if you don't have long arms you can't turn on the game when in a game line up with switch on back box. I look at my GBLE compared to my other games and can't figure out what is special about it. I got a name plate, shaker motor, different Decals and green armour. I also got a mail in coupon for a free tee shirt. The decals aren't coming off or have bubbles so they fixed that issue. I inspected a SMVE in the store and it had major ghosting on playfeild.

When I thought Stern could not get out of the hole they dug they do a Batman 66 and everyone lines up. Lots of luck as most likely all the issues will be present. Stern customer service is not great, quality low, game play is great right now but the price goes up. If they are removing features and price increases it is just more profit to them to service the cost of their new building.

If you look at this game compared to my TSPP, Spider man or LOTR is is astonishing. They have screen print cabinets metal aprons and correct latches. The quality is better on the playfeild too. No dimpling except on TSPP.

Batman 66 quality will most likely suck and prices would go down there just won't be any buyers for them. Once you get to 10k buyers get thin. It then becomes a 15k paper weight. As they say in TAF G-R-E-E-D got Stern. When LOTR came out all thought Stern would fail so many bought spare parts as the industry was tough. What may fold Stern is the class action lawsuit that will come unless they address these issues. That should be the new thread. People buying games for 8k plus will band together eventually as it is a defective product that they won't admit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onwallst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them?tu=onwallst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.