(Topic ID: 172477)

I've been a long time Stern Pinball fan, but I'm done with them.

By jar155

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 767 posts
  • 195 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

daytona (resized).jpg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Stern Toilet Paper Dispenser (resized).jpg
    Stern Store 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0709 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0726 (resized).jpg
    service-with-a-smile1 (resized).png
    IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2525 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    airplane_the_movie-25482 (resized).jpg
    588f2 (resized).jpg
    image-8 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from dtowndobe:

If the next biggie from them is Star Wars, I bet they'll sell out again and very quickly.
    I'm not terribly thrilled with the prices of NIB and recent manufacturing/QC issues scare me, but I'd probably have to find a way to get certain NIB themes. Stern Star Wars and JJP#3 are at the top for me.

I don't quite understand the "insta-buy" attitude for a new Star Wars pin.

It would be more understandable if there weren't three Star Wars pins already out. Of which none are considered great, so what makes people think the next one is going to be something amazing?

It's not like the Star Wars movies since the last pin was made were so good that they're crying out for another pinball version.

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

So I largely agree with the OP. Is this going to get me snubbed from any super duper mega LE pinball releases?

No worries. Wave your $20k in front of Stern and I'm sure they'll find a way to get you a SDMLE.

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Would those people be correct in that statement?

Yes.

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You guys are all pissy now but when the next Game comes out Im betting most of you will buy it just like you are buying a revamped Costco Batman for stupid money.

Actually, I don't think most of the people complaining in this thread will be the ones buying the next release.

There will always be buyers who aren't as price sensitive and want the latest game or must have a given theme.

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

I compeltely agree with this. Distract everyone with bling and Adam West, don't have a playing game there for people to criticize next to
    Alien and Dialed In and let everyone "WONDER" about the game play.

Some buyers don't think it's that important to play the game because Gomez and Lyman are the designers so it has to be good.

Weren't Gomez and Lyman the designers on BDK? If BDK isn't that well regarded, what makes BM66 a slam dunk?

#292 7 years ago

Wow! 130 upvotes for a single post. Is that a record?

2016-11-03_1534 (resized).png2016-11-03_1534 (resized).png

#296 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Whichever one they can sell for $15k, is probably the one they will do.

If BM66 SLE can sell out at $15k do you really expect them to price the 40th anniversary SW77 SLE the same? I see a price increase on the horizon.

#303 7 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Stern peaked from 06-08 in my opinion. POTC, SM, and BDK were the pinnacle of quality, fun, theme integration and "toys".

I don't know about that. I think TSPP and LOTR were the pinnacle.

#311 7 years ago

I was sorry to see the coffin lock go. Always thought that was a great way to secure the back box.

#342 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern is losing customers?
    Do you have any evidence to back this up?
    Seems like they are doing better than ever. Companies generally don't raise prices when their sales are slumping.

I would say this thread is evidence of Stern losing customers.

Doesn't mean they aren't also gaining customers elsewhere.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.