(Topic ID: 172477)

I've been a long time Stern Pinball fan, but I'm done with them.

By jar155

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 767 posts
  • 195 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

daytona (resized).jpg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Stern Toilet Paper Dispenser (resized).jpg
    Stern Store 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0709 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0726 (resized).jpg
    service-with-a-smile1 (resized).png
    IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2525 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    airplane_the_movie-25482 (resized).jpg
    588f2 (resized).jpg
    image-8 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'm done with Stern too!
    I won't ever buy another NIB Stern pin. Well, not after my BM66 Premium anyway.
    Well, maybe after Star Wars. Yeah, that's it, Star Wars will be the last NIB Stern I ever buy dammit!
    Unless the rumors of Pulp Fiction are true. I'd have to buy that one NIB too.
    BUT THAT'S IT FOR ME!!! YOU HEAR THAT STERN!!?!?! I'LL SHOW YOU!!!

that's basically it, as long as people buy nothing will change.

#76 7 years ago

OP, that part is very true ''Stern, you may have kept the lights on in the manufacturing plant, but we were the ones that paid for the electric bill...''

stern doesn't care, the new partner doesn't care (not even a pinhead) as a business i can understand that they have to make money but milking everything they can out of our pockets is not the way to go.

now stern's asking a lot more than what the game is worth. new lcd... bump the price (even if it cost less than a dmd) like it's a privilege for us to have one, sorry stern you are late, something you should have done years ago.

a simple $5 toy (exactly the same on amazon) removed from the premium to justify the price/difference of the LE and SLE, looks like pro vs premium/le.

stern is 30 years old now, yep, how to celebrate that? easy charge for a party with no foods or drinks no pinballs to play and nothing much to see (ed was the only great thing) not even worth going.
    and let's make a pinball machine (Limited edition, lol) yep, by removing the pro let's make a super LE and ask more without really adding anything more, that way people will think it's super, sparkles on the trims, cards and a plaque, signed... let's ask 5K more.
    pro becomes premium, premium is le...
    any company will have done the opposite, celebrating by giving back to the customers.

and JJP is right behind, again. ''we started the bumping price thing because, because... i said so'' and stern joined the wagon.
    what a missed opportunity for JJP and others, give a great price on a standard game and you will win the crowd, it's that simple, be competitive. pro 5k max, premium 6k max, LE 7k max and you'll be the only one. a few trims and a signed plaque (what, a big $200 at most) doesn't justify 3-5k more, it's just ridiculous, sadly people are still lining up, more money than common sense ''i gotta have the latest toy''.

if stern (or JJP for that matter) comes back down in price like, it should, better service and better QC they will destroy any competition, easily and make more money in the long run by selling in quantities. but no, bumping the price on every new game for no real reason and cutting on every change they have. hell, price should be lower with the new system, a lot lower.

it's all about bengamins and greed.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

PS...all I see on facebook is their crowd funding a coffee table book? WTF

that's another joke, if stern agreed to have a book, fund the damn thing and pay the people who's gonna do it,
    they probably going to make money out of it anyway.

#301 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

If BM66 SLE can sell out at $15k do you really expect them to price the 40th anniversary SW77 SLE the same? I see a price increase on the horizon.

by that time 9k for an LE and 15k for a SLE will be a thing of the past.
    no doubt it will go up, new price, 10k LE and 16k SLE (if they make one) with less features. why? because $$$$$
    mark my word, until they realized 50% of their customers buy somewhere else, and it will happen.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them?tu=beatmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.