(Topic ID: 172477)

I've been a long time Stern Pinball fan, but I'm done with them.

By jar155

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 767 posts
  • 195 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

daytona (resized).jpg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    Stern Toilet Paper Dispenser (resized).jpg
    Stern Store 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0709 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0726 (resized).jpg
    service-with-a-smile1 (resized).png
    IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2525 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2524 (resized).JPG
    airplane_the_movie-25482 (resized).jpg
    588f2 (resized).jpg
    image-8 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#525 7 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

I have a Premium on order and like to know why you cancelled as I'm on the Fence. Is it the gapped flippers? Outlanes? The super Bright Blinding Lights?
    Also, if I'm correct Churchill is making the playfields for Stern again so hopefully that remedies the ghosting and chipping issues.
    Just wish the flippers were closer together and not sloped/angled down from the inlane.
    I would have dropped GB if Dialed in was at 7500, especially being that I bought WOZ and HB.
    All input would be greatly appreciated

Buy the Ghostbusters. It's a really great game. You can easily change the "flipper angle" to any position you'd like. The outlanes can be closed tighter too.

There were playfield issues on games, sure, but this is being overblown in my opinion.

#583 7 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Tron is fine however would it be worse or better if it had a callout for double scoring, super pops, supper spinner? The LE has this already it's standard curtesy to give a callout when possible. I mean it wouldn't kill anyone at Stern, it wouldn't bankrupt the company to drop it in the pro version.
    I don't think it was left out on purpose like they said it's better if we leave them guessing. It's probably just an oversight, I'm not saying the pin is terrible but if a simple code fix or some thing in IM that people have asked for it could make a great game even better.
    New slogan can be '#Make Stern great again'

This is why this nonsensical talk will go on forever. Everyone has an idea of their own as to what each game "needs" to be better, therefore they are all incomplete. TRON is missing a call out? Really? Others calling a game like AC/DC incomplete is a ridiculous joke, and an insult to one of the greatest pinball programmers ever. LoTR incomplete? Really? These "arguments" kill any sense of respect that Stern (or anyone else) would give to your wishes.

#594 7 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

So you're saying Tron should *not* have a callout for super spinners, Super Pops and Double scoring? when it's already in the code (for the LE) and it should not be that hard to fix? OK got it. Tron does not deserve to be fixed because why? You think it's better to leave out an obvious flaw in an otherwise fine game?
    I am not arguing about AcDc that's fine. I can see that's something that is not in the cards. But if you're saying its impossible to fix Tron (call outs) or that it's better without the callouts you are wrong IMO.
    Also, I am just point out that there are some easy simple fixes that are RIGHT there that Stern could fix/correct without having to really re-write the whole darn code. it's three call outs that are already in the LE code.
    I guess it's better to say (for example) I'm dumb for pointing out a missing piece of code than it is to ask Stern if it would be possible to clean up an already great pin.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-tron-prole-difference-i-have-not-seen-mentioned
    In case you missed the obvious (all the rolling of the eyes) the LOTR spelling error was a joke, in that not everything will be perfect, we get that. At least most people see that is going to an absurd example. But Tron/IM are not absurd examples and some day (I bet) someone will crack the code and make IM better than it already is and that could more easily be Stern with a few tweaks or additions or it could involve a lot of effort and people having to buy new hardware to run the new software.
    IM is a good example, very low on code and an excellent pin but there is some more that could really juice it up to be spectacular.

I'm saying anyone can find something they'd like added or changed on any game ever made by any manufacturer. That doesn't mean the manufacturer owes you something. And yeah, TRON is 100% find as-is.

Do you play any '90s games? Do you realize the number of bugs and quirks in nearly every one of these?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them?tu=DrJoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.