Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

post_14.jpg
post_13.jpg
post_12.jpg
DSC08561.JPG
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
NIB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpellowe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

All about choices. I'm very blessed to have a good job and a great wife that has the same desires as me. We have 2 passions that we share. Cars and the game room (more than just pinball). She's a teacher and my job doesn't produce that much more than her. It's just that we are very frugal with our money outside of cars and the game room. We don't drink, go out to fancy restaurants, don't buy a lot of nick naks, etc. We set up our living expenses (house, utility, food) to where it can all be covered by her paycheck. My paycheck is just for savings and fun money. We could have a house twice the size in a much nicer area but we just don't need it so no need to spend the money. Doing this has allowed us to afford some fun things where as friends of ours with the same income are living paycheck to paycheck without the fun things. For some the $$$ truly isn't there yet, will come if they keep working hard, but for most I really feel it's about choices on where you want to spend your money. That being said, most people I know think we are crazy for choosing to spend our money on pinball. They understand the car obsession though.
Our main goal was to set up our house to be the house all the kids want to come to so that when our daughter get's older they want to come to our house vs handing out at others. Makes it so much easier to keep track of her and that she's making good decisions when she and her friends are around us vs avoiding us.

Smart man and likely the coolest Dad in the neighborhood.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpellowe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside