Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

voGMGTr (resized).jpg
IMG-20180726-WA0063 (resized).jpg
IMG-20180726-WA0062 (resized).jpg
IMG-20180726-WA0064 (resized).jpg
IMG-20180726-WA0061 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180727-081931 (resized).jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

One guy that i know its selling an RFM the playfield has two marks between the flippers its goes for what i think its a very good price (under 2k)

Screenshot_20180727-081931 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180727-081931 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

For me that would be a deal breaker I would just wait to find a nicer one.

#3 5 years ago

If fully working otherwise, I would consider that a great deal!

#4 5 years ago

Yeah. Judgement call for you, if the game is otherwise in good condition.
Also looks like there is some wear around the edges of the triangular inserts above the Tower and Drive-In inserts. That broken flipper rubber would also seem to me like a sign that there may be other issues. Probably want to check the game for any other problems.
Will that playfield wear bother you later?

#5 5 years ago

Still a good deal if it’s under 2k.

#6 5 years ago

Its 1650 plus shipping

#7 5 years ago

Who would pay $1650 for just a playfield with that wear? From your post I am assuming just a playfield for sale and not the entire machine? You can buy a full working machine for under $2500 with a better playfield so $1650 seems crazy high for just the playfield to me?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Who would pay $1650 for just a playfield with that wear? From your post I am assuming just a playfield for sale and not the entire machine? You can buy a full working machine for under $2500 with a better playfield so $1650 seems crazy high for just the playfield to me?

He says he's selling an RFM and you can clearly see the flippers, spotlight and apron in the photo. What makes you think it's just a playfield?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Its 1650 plus shipping

No thanks for me. I would pass at 1650 if i could pick it up. It's just not a very expensive game, and damage like that is too much me on a modern game.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

He says he's selling an RFM and you can clearly see the flippers, spotlight and apron in the photo. What makes you think it's just a playfield?

I don't know - but if he was asking about entire machine for $1650 and was worried about condition issue I think I would have posted more info about the rest of the machine. Working? Cabinet condition? etc.

If it is $1650 for entire working machine I think I would go for it and enjoy it for a while. RFM scares me because of known issues with computers in them - etc - but still a fun game if you can grab one cheap enough.

#11 5 years ago

Not enough details to know. I'm assuming it's a complete machine.

Does it boot?
Does the monitor work and have nice color range?
What's the cabinet look like?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Not enough details to know. I'm assuming it's a complete machine.
Does it boot?
Does the monitor work and have nice color range?
What's the cabinet look like?

EXACTLY! That was why I kind of assumed it was just the playfield.

#13 5 years ago

Unless you know for sure this pin was properly maintained, its a deal breaker for me. Could turn out to be a big money pit. Based just on the look of the flipper rubber its evident that this pin has been neglected to some degree. $1,500 more can get you a nice RFM without the guesswork.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

$1,500 more can get you a nice RFM without the guesswork.

Just add $8K and get a HEP RFM.

#15 5 years ago

It's only a deal breaker if you let it be.

#16 5 years ago

That kind of wear tells me there's something wrong with the flipper mechs. Is the game playable? More details.

#17 5 years ago
IMG-20180726-WA0061 (resized).jpgIMG-20180726-WA0061 (resized).jpgIMG-20180726-WA0062 (resized).jpgIMG-20180726-WA0062 (resized).jpgIMG-20180726-WA0063 (resized).jpgIMG-20180726-WA0063 (resized).jpgIMG-20180726-WA0064 (resized).jpgIMG-20180726-WA0064 (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That kind of wear tells me there's something wrong with the flipper mechs.

I think they forgot to add bushings

But hey, at least they used all right handed plungers

#19 5 years ago

Based off the pictures it got rode hard and put away wet.

Pass....

#20 5 years ago

I don't see anything wrong here. Too busy admiring your avatar image!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Based off the pictures it got rode hard and put away wet.

Pass....

Pass for sure. That thing is beat.

#22 5 years ago

Hard pass.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I don't see anything wrong here. Too busy admiring your avatar image!

The cab colors look bright but judging from the flipper button wear it's been played a lot. Does it fire up and play? Whats going on with the coin door and lock down bar?

#24 5 years ago

I couldn’t do it.

#25 5 years ago

Looks about like I would expect for a $1650 RFM in 2018 to me.

But would I want it in my gameroom? Nah.

#26 5 years ago

I think some of the price depends on your location. But regardless of your location I don't think it is a real steal at $1650. It could be an OK deal but not a great deal by any stretch. I might grab it if it was local but I wouldn't pay shipping on it.

#27 5 years ago

The fact that it's Pinball 2000 makes it a deal breaker for me.

#28 5 years ago

I believe id pass on that....

#29 5 years ago

I don't think I've even seen one listed here for less than $2700 in 15 or more months.

I'd give $1650 for it all day long.

#30 5 years ago

Price is right, but it'll be a bitch to repair if anything goes wrong with it.

#31 5 years ago

Looks like the owners dog went open season on the martians armpits.
I like the deal, not sure I could look at it for too long.

#32 5 years ago

Lots of pinball snobs posting here.

It’s $1650. Not $3500.

Dunno what the freight is .. but based on $1650, buy the goddamn thing, play it until you’re bored with it, and stick it back on Craigslist for $1650 and move it on.

Cheap pinball. Fun game.

As long as it works ok, go for it. Can’t go too far wrong.

rd

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lots of pinball snobs posting here.
It’s $1650. Not $3500.
Dunno what the freight is .. but based on $1650, buy the goddamn thing, play it until you’re bored with it, and stick it back on Craigslist for $1650 and move it on.
Cheap pinball. Fun game.
As long as it works ok, go for it. Can’t go too far wrong.
rd

I think everyone who is telling him to pass are looking for the for sale ad to grab it up.

#34 5 years ago

This is a fun game, and goes for close to 3k in good shape around here. Personally, sometimes I prefer a cosmetically beat example of a game that isn't on my long term keep list. If I end up really liking it, I'll find a nicer one down the road. Otherwise, it's the same gameplay as a nicer version, assuming you shop it out. This game is a joy to shop, they really thought about the tech on the pinball 2k system. You aren't missing any features with some playfield wear. If the game even mostly works, I'd snag this in a heartbeat. You can shop it out, enjoy it and almost guaranteed to make a few hundred bucks. I can't recall the last time I saw one of these go for under 2k.

#35 5 years ago

The price is...ok. It's not going to make me leap out of my chair and make a dash for it, but if you really, really want a player's condition game, it's basically half of a nice example.

If it booted and flipped, and if it were at least $500 less, I would be much more willing to consider grabbing it. Shipping definitely makes it much less of a deal, though.

I recently picked up a very nice example for about $2600. Unshopped and some issues that needed to be addressed, but the cosmetics were good. I've seen a few other nice examples lately in the $2500-$2800 range.

Decent populated and partially populated playfields pop up every once in a while, and cab decals are available. But, by the time you add those in with the asking price, it would be cheaper just to get a nicer example to begin with.

A dead computer and/or dead monitor aren't cheap to replace if they're not working. Generally, I don't flinch at picking up dead/non-booting games, but I'm a little wary about potentially picking up a dead/non-booting pin2k game.

#36 5 years ago

In 2017 I got a non functional but pristine looking RFM for $1400.

I ripped out the monitor and computer and swapped in a Nucore, LCD and amplifier for about $250.

I would have passed on the game if the playfield looked like the one the op posted.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Looks about like I would expect for a $1650 RFM in 2018 to me.
But would I want it in my gameroom? Nah.

Exactly. It's perfect for a entry level collector that doesn't want to or can't afford $3K for a really nice one. I think it's spot on price wise.

John

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The price is...ok. It's not going to make me leap out of my chair and make a dash for it, but if you really, really want a player's condition game, it's basically half of a nice example.
If it booted and flipped, and if it were at least $500 less, I would be much more willing to consider grabbing it. Shipping definitely makes it much less of a deal, though.
I recently picked up a very nice example for about $2600. Unshopped and some issues that needed to be addressed, but the cosmetics were good. I've seen a few other nice examples lately in the $2500-$2800 range.
Decent populated and partially populated playfields pop up every once in a while, and cab decals are available. But, by the time you add those in with the asking price, it would be cheaper just to get a nicer example to begin with.
A dead computer and/or dead monitor aren't cheap to replace if they're not working. Generally, I don't flinch at picking up dead/non-booting games, but I'm a little wary about potentially picking up a dead/non-booting pin2k game.

the guy told me that boots and plays....

#39 5 years ago

In the last couple of years we picked up a fully functioning documented HUO with a flawless cabinet, head, and coin door for $3,200.

Is this worth $1,650? Maybe, but not to me.

#40 5 years ago

A buy like this really depends on what kind of collector you are.... if you’re a player and ultimately enjoy playing your games, assuming that it’s workng: go for it!

#41 5 years ago

Dude that's a great deal go for it I've never seen one that cheep, don't listen to the snobbery here! If you can find a good comic book artist he can touch that flipper wear up perfectly. The alkalies heal with RFM is the computer so make sure it plays good, but it's my experience that routed games usually play the best!

#42 5 years ago

It's a good deal - as long as it plays 100%. Play it yourself in person before you hand over a penny. If it's not playable or has mechanical or electrical issues you will spend a lot of $$ getting it up to spec

#43 5 years ago

I would want some video of it working. Also that glass looks really clear. If someone swapped it out that's $300 if you can even find one. Also if it's very scratched to the where it distracts gameplay, same thing $300 if you can find one.

In person it's an easy grab, having it shipped is a gamble. Great price, but it can turn into $2500 really quick..

#44 5 years ago

Choggard alert.

No way a machine like that with so much wear and a flipper rubber about to snap plays 100%. Chances are it got taken off location because it didn't work right anymore and he didn't want to or couldn't fix it enough to keep coins dropping.

I won't comment on the price, but you have to be prepared to put hours of work into the game (and probably another few hundred dollars) to make it play correctly.

This is where vid would say "cash on the glass." If you can't/don't check it out in person, you can't be surprised with what you receive.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

but it's my experience that routed games usually play the best!

You must have very different operators around you than most of the ones I've seen!

#46 5 years ago

I wouldn't pay that much for it. I wouldn't want it at all truthfully in the condition that its in.

#47 5 years ago

To the op just bear in mind that some people are purely players and cosmetics don't matter. Others on here are diaper wipers that seem more interested in how shiny their collection is. Decide for yourself what kind of collector you are.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

. If someone swapped it out that's $300 if you can even find one. Also if it's very scratched to the where it distracts gameplay, same thing $300 if you can find one.

PPS has glass, but with shipping, it's probably close to $300.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-4446&Product_Code=PPS-04-127391

#49 5 years ago

Personally in my opinion a good deal does not trump buying a pen that would need quite a bit of worrying. Some of those parts are not available for the playfield if they are broke. Like the spaceship. Personally I would pass on this one it needs a lot of work.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Like the spaceship.

The saucers are available.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9481-1

There are quite a few of the playfield parts available. The one part that didn't appear to be readily available was the plastic shield that the ball hits off the jump ramp. But, I saw a thread where someone cut and bent their own, so it's still possible to replace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-this-a-deal-breakersee-picture and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.