Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

I think the prices are up but the traffic is down near me anyway,
    was so much trading at one time on C-list you always found something new or interesting.
    Perhaps the majority is in lockdown mode - they picked up a good score or two and are waiting things out? Sitting back and letting the N.I.B. gang have the game right now

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I can't find anything to buy. Send a fairly priced Whirlwind or Monster Bash my way, please. Heck, i'd even take a Bad Cats right now.

You need to drive up here and play a few games to hold you over until you find one.

#53 11 years ago

When the 7500 le's stop selling out then the market will have slowed.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from silverball67:

Well, at least that's my anecdotal take on it. I don't have any hard statistics to back it up. I'm a long-time lurker on this board, but only a recent poster. And as a pinball machine non-owner, I think that my opinion is a little more objective than most people here who own lots of machines and obviously have enjoyed their meteoric rise in value.
    All of the previously high-flying, big dollar machines are taking MUCH, MUCH longer to sell at prices that they would have sold at immediately just months earlier. They're not even moving when the sellers cut their prices. They are at a standstill. A lot of posters here have claimed in the past that the pin market surges near Christmas. That has simply not happened. In fact, maybe the Christmas season has simply bolstered the market from further decline.
    I know that I'll be accused of a "troll post" by some. That's okay though. There are always "troll post" accusations from those who deem that a post doesn't jive with their preconceived agenda. This is simply the way I see it. That's all.

I have no agenda. If prices go up my collection is worth more. If prices go down it's easier to buy more. In the "B" level games where I spend my time and money, prices keep going up.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have no agenda. If prices go up my collection is worth more. If prices go down it's easier to buy more.

+1 I think this is what I am about if the pins I want we're worth$10 or $10000 I would still want them. But less likely to scrap together the 10g I guess.

#56 11 years ago

There are people in this thread saying that fewer pins showing up for sale on CL and other places means the market is slowing down and prices are decreasing? Actually, it means that there is less supply. That usually means higher prices assuming the demand is the same or higher.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Anyone trying to sell lower end pins? Just wondering what they have seen with this market?

I sold a space shuttle (750) and a f2k (650) last month listed on here first got a couple inquires on the ss only one low offer nothing on the f2k. Listed them on craigs a couple weeks later and sold both within ten days. space shuttle went to an arcade f2k a party room that you rent to host kids b-day partys both buyers were thrilled to get a working pin so cheep.
    My take on it is that there are primarily two kinds of guys on pinside the cheep ones who would rather buy a broken game and fix it (and have more $ in it than if they just bought a working one) and the guys that want a perfect example no matter what it costs.

#58 11 years ago

yea, I disagree as well when tax time hits, pin prices will shoot up again as well.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

There are people in this thread saying that fewer pins showing up for sale on CL and other places means the market is slowing down and prices are decreasing? Actually, it means that there is less supply. That usually means higher prices assuming the demand is the same or higher.

I think RobT nailed it.

#60 11 years ago

that's good, means the prices will come down to earth

#61 11 years ago

I can agree the SELLING of machines is slowing, but not the market in general. Prices are still high, and machines are still selling at those high prices. The people may be waiting a little longer to get that price, but it eventually sells if it is indeed a quality machine.

I think more pinheads are picking up the pins they want and holding on to them. Thats the only thing I am afraid of, not finding the pins I want from people who dont know what they have. Shows like american restoration and american pickers only pumps up peoples ego's that they have something worth money and now you cant get a bargain. I am finding more bargains on arcade machines then pinballs now. 2 years ago it was opposite.

#62 11 years ago

Just sold an AFM on ebay. I had guys emailing me offers and bidding on the machine within seconds. Buy-it-now was done within 24 hours, and this is a 9.5K machine. I would love to buy a Whitewater, but the going rate lately seems to be 4K and up. This was a 1-1.5K machine when I started my collection. I'm not in the hottest pinball market, Houston, but I see very little of what the OP is talking about IMHO.

#63 11 years ago

I think it's levelled off a bit.
    But I think the demand is weakening.
    With NIB prices hitting the 8K region less new people will be joining our obsession.
    The true "collectables",(Top ten pins)will always hold their value,but b and c titles are levelling off perhaps even dropping a bit.Scott

#64 11 years ago

I especially love the "official" and "no hard data".

Here's some hard data for you: I bet if you had a dollar for every thread on every forum about prices falling / price bubble / the end is coming sell now for the last 10 years, you could buy NIB right now.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-official-the-pinball-market-is-slowing-down/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.