Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Finrod
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5055.gif
    sexy_girls1.jpg
    official.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Well, at least that's my anecdotal take on it. I actually have hard statistics to back it up. I'm a long-time member on this board, but only a recent lurker. And as a pinball machine owner, I think that my opinion is a little more objective than most people here who don't own lots of machines and obviously have fought against their meteoric rise in value.

All of the previously high-flying, big dollar machines are taking MUCH, MUCH shorter to sell at prices that they would have never sold at just months earlier. They're often even moving when the sellers raise their prices due to bidding wars. They are flying. A lot of posters here have claimed in the past that the pin market surges near Christmas. That has obviously happened. In fact, maybe the Christmas season has simply increased the market further.

I know that I'll be accused of a "troll post" by some. That's okay though. There are always "troll post" accusations from those who deem that a post doesn't jive with their preconceived agenda. This is simply the way I see it. That's all.

#2 11 years ago

I like pinball.

#3 11 years ago

So is this officially official or not. Mark me as officially confused as I thought the other thread was official already.

I also like pinball and that's official.

#4 11 years ago

It's snowing, I'm going sledding.

Edit: I see the other thread now.

#5 11 years ago

Market is still very strong up here...officially

official.jpgofficial.jpg

#6 11 years ago

I like boobs.

#7 11 years ago

oh come on... I get thumbs downed for this...

Just having a little fun. I found the other thread to be pretty funny so I figured a parody thread was appropriate.

I like pinball and that is all I care about. I like working on them, playing them, and sharing them!

Prices can do whatever they all want to do. If they go down, I will buy more. If they go up, I will still buy more but it will just take me a little longer.

Evidence and factual data continue to show that most titles are still rising in price.

#8 11 years ago

We will see what happens after 1st of the year.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

what is supposed to magically happen on Jan 1st? I thought it was Dec 21st that we are all supposed to be worried about???

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I like boobs.

Hooray for boobies, I say!

#11 11 years ago

Love it.

#12 11 years ago

More importantly, how much snow!

#13 11 years ago

fiscal cliff

#14 11 years ago

Jan 1 the real worries happen Fiscal Cliff its not just for rich folks. Cost me and my wife over 4k next year with payroll tax deduction eliminated. That was HS2 and Who Dunit 4100 I will not have to buy next year

#15 11 years ago

Hooray for boobies, I say!

This is now officially a boobies thread!

sexy_girls1.jpgsexy_girls1.jpg

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Jan 1 the real worries happen Fiscal Cliff its not just for rich folks. Cost me and my wife over 4k next year with payroll tax deduction eliminated. That was HS2 and Who Dunit 4100 I will not have to buy next year

Oh no, what will you do with only 43 pinball machines to play?

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

More importantly, how much snow!

1.5 thus far.

#18 11 years ago

This thread has officially degenerated to the point where only titties can save it.

Edit: I thought i was in the other thread. Titties still good, though.

#20 11 years ago

Can we get titties on something more than 18 year olds? Some of us have daughters approaching that age. Thx.

#21 11 years ago

Fiscal cliff for me will just mean less booze and drugs but the same amount of pinball and Boobies.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Fiscal cliff for me will just mean less booze and drugs but the same amount of pinball and Boobies.

Amen!

#23 11 years ago

Except it just really won't make that much of a difference. I am one of the few that will tell you we NEED the fiscal cliff.

It's not really a cliff at all, it's more of a slow ramp.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I am just going to stockpile more of everything in 2012 so I am covered for all of 2013.

#25 11 years ago

We need more boobies threads for sure, good call Rob. I don't think the pinball machine market is cooling down btw, but do think new players need to consistently enter the hobby to maintain the high prices for older machines and keep new LE's selling out.

#27 11 years ago

Is this the Mrs?

#28 11 years ago

I picked up 2 machines this past month, I have a hard stat after looking at this thread.

#29 11 years ago

Nice! glad she doesnt pay the unfair new tanning bed tax, atleast natural color on them boobies.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I picked up 2 machines this past month, I have a hard stat after looking at this thread.

nice! We need to have you guys over so you can play some of our new ones...

then we need to come over and play your new ones. Where the heck are you putting them all???

#31 11 years ago

Ahhhhhh yes...a good ole titty thread! Ted always has a good stockpile of tits...

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Where the heck are you putting them all???

T2 and Black Rose are camping out in the garage for now(its heated). Yes lets do a round at your house after new years??? I really want to play some W?D!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, at least that's my anecdotal take on it. I actually have hard statistics to back it up. I'm a long-time member on this board, but only a recent lurker. And as a pinball machine owner, I think that my opinion is a little more objective than most people here who don't own lots of machines and obviously have fought against their meteoric rise in value.
    All of the previously high-flying, big dollar machines are taking MUCH, MUCH shorter to sell at prices that they would have never sold at just months earlier. They're often even moving when the sellers raise their prices due to bidding wars. They are flying. A lot of posters here have claimed in the past that the pin market surges near Christmas. That has obviously happened. In fact, maybe the Christmas season has simply increased the market further.
    I know that I'll be accused of a "troll post" by some. That's okay though. There are always "troll post" accusations from those who deem that a post doesn't jive with their preconceived agenda. This is simply the way I see it. That's all.

Awesome. Love the counterpoint!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#34 11 years ago

We will see what happens after 1st of the year

But it all ends on the 21st???

#36 11 years ago

The market is still plenty strong. In the Hobbits post I mentioned that I will sell LOTR later on in the project to fund it and make room for it, and I got two pms from members that want me to contact them when I finally do sell it.

Thats a pretty good indicator of a strong market, and smart buyers who want to find games within driving range whenever possible. Arrangements like that are much better for the sellers too. I like smart buyers.

#37 11 years ago

You can only make it official if you have done the accredited course

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

T2 and Black Rose are camping out in the garage for now(its heated). Yes lets do a round at your house after new years??? I really want to play some W?D!

don't forget about Congo and CFTBL!!!

TAF is also operational.

4 games working is enough to make an evening of it. Def need to do something after the Holidays.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

TAF is also operational.

Excellent! the last TAF I played was at the bowling alley around here with those half power flippers.

#40 11 years ago

I think it will be about 2 more years til the market slows down.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I think it will be about 2 more years til the market slows down.

2 years 6 months and four days.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

2 years 6 months and four days.

Sumbitch, that was what I was going to say!!

#43 11 years ago

Anyone dumping their pins for the Apocalypse can call me directly and I will be there as soon as I can with a 30' box truck.

#44 11 years ago

Man having a few pins in your concrete bunker would be a must have.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

This is now officially a boobies thread!

Why are y'all still talking pinball?

#46 11 years ago

?
    Everything I've seen try and sell takes longer and the prices get lowered. So I disagree.

#47 11 years ago

Ted I am going to have to take exception...bwahahah seriously bring out some new stuff man, that one is OLD, you have used it yourself. We require FRESH

#48 11 years ago

Found these on Instagram...

Post edited by gweempose : Photos removed - A bit too raunchy for Pinside.

#49 11 years ago

Yikes! This thread has taken a turn for the better.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Except it just really won't make that much of a difference. I am one of the few that will tell you we NEED the fiscal cliff.
    It's not really a cliff at all, it's more of a slow ramp.

What I've been saying for a while is that we're already over the fiscal cliff (trillion-dollar deficits for years will tend to do that), the only question is going to be how we're going to land-- a hard landing, or a crash landing. Putting it off (again) just lowers the metaphorical ground and causes a harder landing later.

But personally, I'd rather talk about boobies.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-official-the-pinball-market-is-not-slowing-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.