Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Well, I finally had a family get together and RFM went over really big. I haven't owned ton of machines over the years, but I've had TZ (twice), Tommy, and NGG. RFM is by far the biggest crowd pleaser of them all.

Now, I know what some of you are going to say. The only reason why it's so popular with the family is because it's an amateurish and easy game. Well, even if you feel that way, so what? Can't pinball just be fun sometimes? Everyone really enjoyed the quips and the animations. And, even if you don't enjoy the game personally, you have to admit the Pinball2000 concept is literally in a league of its own seeing that there are only two titles.

I had a family Thanksgiving tournament with TZ two years ago. Everyone who wanted to play got two games and their scores were added together. The winner got a $10 lottery ticket, 2nd place got a $5 lottery ticket, and 3rd place got a $2 ticket. Well, this was all the motivation that my 83 year old grandmother needed to get involved. Grouchy Uncle Jim even put the can of beer down for a few moments to play.

I can't wait for the Thanksgiving Day Pinbrawl II this year on Thanksgiving with RFM. It's going to be even better.

#2 11 years ago

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year as usual, but for the first time in our new bigger house. Most of the family doesn't know we have JP, so we are predicting pinball wars too. I'd love to have a RFM. I think it would be the biggest hit with non-pinball people simply because it has the easy quick modes and you don't have to learn 5 pages of rules. Fun is good.

#3 11 years ago

Most people that play here like both of the pin 2000 games as much as any of the other 36 .

#4 11 years ago

RFM is awesome and fun...let the haters hate while you have a good time.

#5 11 years ago

Blondetall and Rarehero-- Thanks for the response. It's a lot of fun to involve family members who you would otherwise think would have no interest.

Banker- Will you please explain your post? I'm sorry, but I just don't get what you're trying to say.

Thanks.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

Well, I finally had a family get together and RFM went over really big. I haven't owned ton of machines over the years, but I've had TZ (twice), Tommy, and NGG. RFM is by far the biggest crowd pleaser of them all.
Now, I know what some of you are going to say. The only reason why it's so popular with the family is because it's an amateurish and easy game. Well, even if you feel that way, so what? Can't pinball just be fun sometimes? Everyone really enjoyed the quips and the animations. And, even if you don't enjoy the game personally, you have to admit the Pinball2000 concept is literally in a league of its own seeing that there are only two titles.
I had a family Thanksgiving tournament with TZ two years ago. Everyone who wanted to play got two games and their scores were added together. The winner got a $10 lottery ticket, 2nd place got a $5 lottery ticket, and 3rd place got a $2 ticket. Well, this was all the motivation that my 83 year old grandmother needed to get involved. Grouchy Uncle Jim even put the can of beer down for a few moments to play.
I can't wait for the Thanksgiving Day Pinbrawl II this year on Thanksgiving with RFM. It's going to be even better.

Anytime you can get Grouchy Uncle Jim to drop the beer and play a pin it's a win win!

#7 11 years ago

Before I got my AFM I considered RFM because its close to the same game but usually way cheaper and it has the video so its a little different. I like them both! When I hit the lotto and have my dream collection and can just restore pins all day every day RFM will be there!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

Banker- Will you please explain your post?

Quoted from Banker:

Most people that play here like both of the pin 2000 games as much as any of the other 36 .

Pretty sure he is saying that of the 37 games he has (listed collection #) that people enjoy RFM and SWE1 on the Pin2K platforms just as much as the other 'regular' pinball machines. In other words... RFM is all good.

#9 11 years ago

When I had it, no one touched it. No interest even after pointing it out.

#10 11 years ago

My friends and family are opposite....they always ask for me to put Star Wars in the cab instead of RFM. At least they are playing (I prefer RFM and usually switch it back shortly after).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-official-rfm-is-a-big-hit-with-the-family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.