Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by swf127
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WPTRep_003.jpg
    WPTRep_003.jpg
    imagesCAX29CXE.jpg
    boots_002.jpg
    83360488.gif
    chargraham.jpg
    RA1[1].jpg
    images_(1).jpg
    marshallluckyposter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

I believe in a handshake, if someone sells you a game at a low price and asks you to not flip it because he wants the hobby to continue I'd honor it. But I'm afraid that sort of mentality is rare today.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Assuming both sides are private parties (not flippers, resellers, operators, etc.), pinball transactions are more like a taillight deal. Once the tail lights disappear, the transaction is complete. No strings allowed.
    You know what I often tell owners when I look at a game for sale? That I will likely put it out on location. Once the deal is done, I even tell them the business it's likely to go in, so they can visit and play the game later. No one has ever had a problem with that. You guys should try some strings like that. d

I'm fine with whatever you do, but, if I make a gentleman's agreement about the future of a machine with a guy I stick with it, that's what I mean. If no agreement was made then light it afire in his driveway if you wish.

You may choose to not take part in those types of deals, and that's cool too, but don't judge people who want to form that sort of relationship in a community, and trade machines that some might not consider 'good deals' because there's a contigancy on resale at a later date.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

For me I just don't like being lied to.
    I hate giving someone a great deal (thinking they will enjoy/appreciate the extra love I gave a pin)
    Only to find out this persons sole intention was to resell as soon as possible.
    I don't care if you want to profit from the pin.... just don't tell me how much your family is looking forward to this pin, or "I have wanted this in my collection for years."

And if they didn't, quite possibly the price would have been different right?

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

A buddy of mine recently sold a pin on CL. He offered a buyer a price then received higher offers. He and I discussed in depth whether or not to be "moral" about the whole thing so he let the first buyer follow through on the purchase. You can guess what happens... The guy flips the game on CL within 48 hours for the higher price.
    Today, even collectors hesitate to give deals to each other... I can't tell you how many complaints I've heard of collector 1 giving collector 2 a deal, and collector 2 flips for profit within weeks, and collector 1 is pissed off.
    People don't realize how much all this affects future buying and selling decisions. Reputation is far more valuable than short term cash pinball folks weasel out of each other. This is a small market, what comes around goes around.

I agree, but was there a discussion about it with the buyer, or just a straight up sale? I can understand the sour grapes, but if there was no discussion of first dibs when you want to sell (at the same price) then I'm not sure there's a good reason to hold it against the flipper. I totally agree about the small community thing, i think it's important to form relationships and stick to your word.

#136 10 years ago

I still question how the seller saying that his price is low and not expecting it to be flipped is being a shyster, but we all digress...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-official-pinball-is-for-shiesters?tu=Matt_Rasmussen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.