(Topic ID: 30262)

It's official!!!!

By Napabar

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Avengers is next. Stern just posted this on Facebook.

#2 11 years ago

Here's the pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Ad was pointed out a week or so ago, but bring on the speculation, lol. I wanna know why the ad has a glowing ball.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Ad was pointed out a week or so ago, but bring on the speculation, lol. I wanna know why the ad has a glowing ball.

It represents the power ball in the LE versions. The game actually senses that the power ball is in play and SCORES DOUBLE POINTS! Can you imagine!! Talk about innovation in pinball...oh, wait, never mind...

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

It represents the power ball in the LE versions. The game actually senses that the power ball is in play and SCORES DOUBLE POINTS! Can you imagine!! Talk about innovation in pinball...oh, wait, never mind...
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587 ver mind...

You had me going for a second, I was like... wasn't that already done..?

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

This was posted by Stern's Facebook account...not some random person on Facebook.

#8 11 years ago

I have traveled through the Marvel Universe for over 30 years and it has been a great ride, but for this pinball adventure I will have to say - PASS. It will probably be an awesome pin, but I am tired of superhero themed machines ... been there, done that many many times already.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

I have traveled through the Marvel Universe for over 30 years and it has been a great ride, but for this pinball adventure I will have to say - PASS. It will probably be an awesome pin, but I am tired of superhero themed machines ... been there, done that many many times already.

I agree. I predict a Hulk torso with animated arms and timed shaker motor pulses as they wave up and down. Same mechanism as Frankenstein.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I agree. I predict a Hulk torso with animated arms and timed shaker motor pulses as they wave up and down. Same mechanism as Frankenstein.

That sounds pretty cool.....too bad I have little interest in this title

#12 11 years ago

It probably represents the power cube thingy in the movie but since this is pinball, it was morphed into a sphere.

If this truly just popped up on facebook I have to say "Way to go website guys for keeping up with the ad department!"

#13 11 years ago

Still doesn't preclude me from creating a post here about Stern officially putting this out to the public on Facebook.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

This was posted by Stern's Facebook account...not some random person on Facebook.

Thumbsdown'd for getting pissy. Some "random person" on facebook? Yeah, they had the EXACT SAME ad in trade magazines weeks ago. I guess that's not official enough for you.

Whatever.

#15 11 years ago

I'm so tired of all the limited edition models, I have to add them all to the Pinside database, pfff
    Just kidding of course. But I'm curious how many LE's this theme might spawn. Not counting Nick fury, there a 6 Avenger characters? Will they all get their own LE?

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Thumbsdown'd for getting pissy. Some "random person" on facebook? Yeah, they had the EXACT SAME ad in trade magazines weeks ago. I guess that's not official enough for you.
    Whatever.

I was clarifying how I came across it, not stating where you saw it.

Are you 14? Grow up.

#17 11 years ago

Iron Man already has a pin
    Come on black widow LE all the way.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

That would trump Hulk : )

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

It probably represents the power cube thingy in the movie but since this is pinball, it was morphed into a sphere.
    If this truly just popped up on facebook I have to say "Way to go website guys for keeping up with the ad department!"

LOL, that would be interesting if they were trying to imply the pinball is the "Cosmic Cube." What did they call it in the movie again? Guess Cosmic Cube was too silly...

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Avengers is next. Stern just posted this on Facebook.

Quoted from Napabar:

I was clarifying how I came across it, not stating where you saw it.

Funny, I thought the first post was pretty clear in how you came across it...

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

LOL, that would be interesting if they were trying to imply the pinball is the "Cosmic Cube." What did they call it in the movie again? Guess Cosmic Cube was too silly...

It's the Tesseract. Why the F do I know that?... I need to get out more.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Whatever.

You were implying that my rebuttal to you seeing it was what I meant by "Some random person on Facebook." That was not what I meant. Hence, clarifying it.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

That would be the preferred edition I would think, seeing how must of us are guys here.

#24 11 years ago

When it arrives and you set it up you find out the "cosmic pinball" is actually a ball of ice, that has already started melting.

#25 11 years ago

Return of the power ball

#26 11 years ago

Just hoping the models get announced and JJ calls me for my money soon : )

#27 11 years ago

That takes me off the hook. My GF LOVES Metallica. Thank G-d I don't have to buy that (at least for now)!

I don't dislike the Avengers. I think this game will do just fine if designed well. Especially on location. YES and BOO at the same time.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Still doesn't preclude me from creating a post here about Stern officially putting this out to the public on Facebook.

Obviously it did not.
    Just pointing out that it was already "official".

#29 11 years ago

I'm curious if Stern is going to reveal their game this week.

#30 11 years ago

Understand the potential for confusion there.

Quoted from Scuba_Steve:It's the Tesseract. Why the F do I know that?... I need to get out more.

Ugh...oh yeah.

Tesseract was funny to me because a game I play had "tesserae" (Plurals of wierd words, yay!) that would give you a free point in whatever skill they were for, but because people would only use them when the skill cost as much XP as possible, they were limited to 5 per character, ever.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

I'm curious if Stern is going to reveal their game this week.

Wish they did but if they where to you would think they would of done it at IAAPA.

#32 11 years ago

And the pinball was would have said so instead of saying the end of the month. It also said maybe some LEs for December but main release in January.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-official-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.