3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-bad-news-bears (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

So.....maybe someone should have done more then a cursory search about playfields before opening his mouth. I can’t state this emphatically enough. HE IS WRONG!!! Do not listen to his opinion on this. I repeat OPINION! It has been explained repeatedly in multiple threads. It’s a thickness and curing problem with the playfields.

Clearcoat cures from the outside in and if you crack or damage the clear before it’s fully cured, it looses its integrity and can pull the undercoat (the ink) just like when you crack the clear on a car and the paint comes off and the primer still adheres to the metal. The playfields are being rushed and that’s 90% of your problem.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You read some shit on pinside and think it's fact because it's been repeated? LOL.

So apparently you have never had a car repaired in your life. Ok I’ll explain for the Kannada fanboys. The reason they tell you to not wash or buff your car out after a repair is to make sure you don’t damage the clear while it’s curing. The new solvents don’t allow it to cure as fast so it’s variable on the cure time but a rule of thumb is a month.

Talk to a body shop and ask about clear coat and why they use a bake cycle to force the curing process. Not just read the pinside threads

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you want to have a discussion then back up your assertions with factual sources and good evidence. Make your case.
Someone else babbling without good evidence isn’t presenting a compelling narrative either.

Ok, I’ll play. Adult conversation. Also worked in auto body for a few year and my friend who taught me says the same you can work with it in 24-48 hours but the clear is still soft underneath. Atleast 30 days as to not damage crack or chip the clearcoat. It can be rushed some by adding a bake cycle.

Basic FAQ for auto body work comes up with this. I’ll tag the recommended and best practices advice from the clear manufacturers tonight when I get home

http://carunderstanding.com/how-long-does-clear-coat-take-to-dry/

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

How many Wooden cars have you painted? Do you paint them with an Inkjet printer? And why the hell does this auto BS have anything to do with pinball??

Because they are using a version is automotive clear and the characteristics of the plastic body panels is pretty close to characteristics is the wood and is the same as the insert plastics.

Instead of defending someone’s opinion that you like try listening to people who have done some work in the medium described. I’ve seen a lot of bodywork brought to our shop to fix the poor job done by someone else.

I’m not arguing there isn’t a problem, I’m saying the problem isn’t what one mans opinion, OPINION says it is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-not-the-digital-printing?tu=tallon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.