Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG0010 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5967 (resized).JPG
    Simon+Waters+50th+Anniversary+Mathmos+Lava+SdOZ24EouGfl (resized).jpg
    r4127a (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png
    IMG_4078 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

How many of you bought something for working on your pin and you thought you cut a good deal only to realize what you bought was steaming pile of crap?

I bought some of that Magic Eraser on the cheap on Ebay. I did a buy it now on a large pack of ME for around $3.00 which included shipping---all the way from China. The price was cheap enough that I took a chance---and lost.

This stuff is a waste of time and money. When you wet it up and try to use it it literally dissolves at your fingertips. Save your money and buy what you find in your local store.

Anybody else have some "keep your money in your pocket and REALLY save" ideas?

IMG_4078 (resized).JPGIMG_4078 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

That sucks. Now what do you do with all that?
    -Mike

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Maybe you can sell it to Stern to erase the Star Wars artwork!

#4 6 years ago

Your doing it wrong. You were supposed to put a marketplace add saying next generation magic eraser. Dissolves faster for easier clean up. Only $5 per three pack.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

all the way from China.

I avoid buying anything on Ebay from China unless I was absolutely desperate and it wasn't available here. Pay more and save frustration, IMO.

#6 6 years ago

Typically, you get what you pay for, Predator and Alien aside.

#7 6 years ago

I bought the same deal. Mine work fine. Maybe you got a bad batch?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Put it in dog food.

#9 6 years ago

I gotta admit though....even the cheap China ones worked very well on the white interior of my boat. I was quite surprised.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Put it in dog food.

I know you are kidding. That will kill a dog slowly and painfully

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Put it in dog food.

For everyone that missed the joke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_pet_food_recalls

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Put it in dog food.

I was going to ask if it dissolved easier to put in pet food and milk. SMH.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

was steaming pile of crap?

Let's not bring my ex into this.

LTG : )

#14 6 years ago

I turns out that you might get a bunch of weird and wrong hats (3 of them are covered some kind of faux shiny alligator vinyl) and really shitty customer service from a place in China called Cheap Snapbacks.

I knew they were going to be shady and took a chance because they had some things they are out of production, so it was bootleg or nothing, but I sure got some odd things by mistake. They seem to think a hat is a hat and I should just be happy with the substitution.

Get what you pay for!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Your doing it wrong. You were supposed to put a marketplace add saying next generation magic eraser. Dissolves faster for easier clean up. Only $5 per three pack.

I'll take THREE!!

#16 6 years ago

Screenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170402-081413 (resized).png

#17 6 years ago

From the folks that brought you....

r4127a (resized).jpgr4127a (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Maybe you can sell it to Stern to erase the Star Wars artwork!

Now that's the best thing said on Pinside today.

#19 6 years ago

How the hell can anybody in China ship anything for free and turn a profit? I've seen those ebay listings from China. Doesn't make any sense at all.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

How the hell can anybody in China ship anything for free and turn a profit? I've seen those ebay listings from China. Doesn't make any sense at all.

The Turkish government reimburses business for shipping, so everything you buy in Turkey is shipped home free also.

Even Fender guitars and giant Turkish rugs.

The only thing I can't trick them into sending back for me is a real Mathmos lava lamp....

Simon+Waters+50th+Anniversary+Mathmos+Lava+SdOZ24EouGfl (resized).jpgSimon+Waters+50th+Anniversary+Mathmos+Lava+SdOZ24EouGfl (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

Sometimes you need to be careful. Some are legitimate, and some aren't. Ebay allows the term free shipping, if the seller ships free to their area. Your credit card might get nailed a huge shipping fee.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

How many of you bought something for working on your pin and you thought you cut a good deal only to realize what you bought was steaming pile of crap?
    I bought some of that Magic Eraser on the cheap on Ebay. I did a buy it now on a large pack of ME for around $3.00 which included shipping---all the way from China. The price was cheap enough that I took a chance---and lost.
    This stuff is a waste of time and money. When you wet it up and try to use it it literally dissolves at your fingertips. Save your money and buy what you find in your local store.

I sure do! Don't put a deposit down on a NIB game called Alien, Predator, or the Big Lebowski... I can't believe how many people wasted thousands of dollars on preorders and are shocked that they are getting screwed. Also, don't buy knock off anything from China...

#23 6 years ago

Also, just buy true Magic Erasers in bulk at Costco...

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I sure do! Don't put a deposit down on a NIB game called Alien, Predator, or the Big Lebowski... I can't believe how many people wasted thousands of dollars on preorders and are shocked that they are getting screwed. Also, don't buy knock off anything from China...

Careful, you might win the "dick of the year" award and a dump truck full of Chinese plastic dicks will end up in your driveway.....

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sometimes you need to be careful. Some are legitimate, and some aren't. Ebay allows the term free shipping, if the seller ships free to their area. Your credit card might get nailed a huge shipping fee.

That is new to me. I have never seen an eBay ad listed as free shipping that then snuck a separate charge in for shipping. If this happened I would promptly request a refund for shipping and if that didn't work, initiate a cc chargeback. I have not seen an ad in China state "free shipping within China" but then again I always look at what the final shipping charge would be. Ebay always provides this info on checkout.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Unless it is unavailable in the U.S., I will not purchase anything from China.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Careful, you might win the "dick of the year" award and a dump truck full of Chinese plastic dicks will end up in your driveway.....

Hahah! If the shipping is free send em along! No but seriously, just kidding guys...I hope you get your funds back

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Straight from China......"Say hello to my little friend, melamine"!!

#29 6 years ago

And then there are these...

They're not ATV's, they're the very definition of throwing your money in the toilet,

Presenting...the "What the fuck?" On wheels.

IMG_5967 (resized).JPGIMG_5967 (resized).JPG

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Actually the cheap stuff works well for dirt and scuffs on cheap paint. Name brand removes cheap paint. I carry both name brand and cheap me on jobs.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Ha!!!!!

At least you got white ones!!! Mine were grey.

I dont waste my time using them on pins etc (aftet trying once). I just been trying to use them up for like a small scuff on wall then toss....got thru like 10.....wayyy too manu more to go

KIMG0010 (resized).jpgKIMG0010 (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Unless it is unavailable in the U.S., I will not purchase anything from China.

Isn't that pretty much everything these days?

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Turkish government reimburses business for shipping, so everything you buy in Turkey is shipped home free also.
    Even Fender guitars and giant Turkish rugs.
    The only thing I can't trick them into sending back for me is a real Mathmos lava lamp....

Hmmm. It seems this might be a good way to skirt anti-dumping laws and give unfair advantage to an importer. And it is all hidden in govt. subsidized shipping. Interesting.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-junk-save-your-money?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.