Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jim C (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    Pin God (resized).jpg
    Jesus Pin (resized).png
    CAM01381 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5746 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5743 (resized).JPG
    goldengirls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    WDPOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You also have one pin in your collection which is WWE

You keep going to this in multiple threads. Do you really think that's what constitutes a valid opinion? I only have a ST Pro and RBION for Sterns in my collection, neither were NIB, both bought HUO. Do I not have a valid opinion because I never ordered NIB, or perhaps no opinion because I only have two Sterns?

But wait... if I include a simple 20 min radius around my house, the following Sterns are on route:

BM66 Prem
    TWD LE
    ST LE
    GOT Prem
    Kiss Prem
    Mustang LE
    LOTR
    POTC
    Tron
    Nascar
    GB Pro
    ACDC Pro
    Shrek
    SM
    Elvis
    TSPP
    RCT

Then if I consider my friends in that same radius, I can also add...

IM
    GB Prem
    ST Prem
    XM LE
    Met Pro
    ACDC Luci
    Kiss Pro
    TWD Pro
    Avengers Pro
    GOT Pro
    FG
    Aerosmith Pro
    Tron LE

So, basically having 90% of Stern's catalog around me, multiple tiers of the same game, and even some of those tiers are duplicates across a few places, do I not have a valid opinion because I only have 2 used Sterns in my collection? Or do I have to convince either my girlfriend to buy all of those above, OR at least convince one of my friends to buy (what's not mentioned above) a BBH to finally get the ok?

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not really sure what your opinion is or what you are getting at

It's really not hard. You're disqualifying people in multiple threads from having valid opinions on Stern because they only have 1-2 Sterns listed in their Pinside collection. I only have 2 in mine, but have countless others within a short drive. So do I not have an opinion because I only "own" 2 Sterns, or are you willing to admit that one simple metric (pins in their personal collection) doesn't mean squat when it comes to having an opinion on a pinball forum?

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kind of funny how you know so much about current stern games but you don't even own any

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You also have one pin in your collection which is WWE

Just 2 quick examples I've read over the past day. Also a few of those pins mentioned in my list above I've seen first hand have one of the "quality issues" that have been the sore spot of Stern/Pinside lately. But because they're not on Pinside screaming about it, doesn't mean they don't exist. And by telling people they don't have an opinion on various Stern-related topics strictly based on how many Sterns are in their personal collection isn't the way to have a discussion. There are collectors with tons of money and space, those with space constraints, those just getting into the hobby. All are potential customers at some point and all have valid opinions.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

That radius of games looks very similar to my Stern lineup ... I used to have a RBION too

And I omitted 2 other friends in the area as well as I forget if their Stern models were redundant on my list... and my old HRC is just outside the 20min radius I mentioned in my example.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-game-over-man-alien-looks-great-but-stern-pinball?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.