Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jim C (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    Pin God (resized).jpg
    Jesus Pin (resized).png
    CAM01381 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5746 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5743 (resized).JPG
    goldengirls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    WDPOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 6 years ago

Long time Stern lover. Owned games originated from 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012 with few issues and nothing to complain about.

Then came my NIB was Avengers LE. It was riddled with so many design and QC problems it was all I could do to make the game playable, which I did, and in spite of everything, I loved it. That said, it opened my eyes and made me reflect on what I expected out of a 5- $7,000 Pinball machine.

What's been going on with Stern the last 12-18 months with peeling decals, ghosting inserts, faulty mechs, questionable design issues, separating cabinets, general cheapening of components, not to mention the ever present code issues (and I'm sure I've missed other things, although I don't count "dimpling", which is a bullshit complaint IMO) has had an even greater impact. Your damn right it influences my decision to buy NIB, regardless of how inspired I am by some of their titles. Star Wars though? Yawn.

I'd love to pull the trigger on Aerosmith, or GB, but I'm not going to, until Stern demonstrates more attention to detail and a commitment to turning out a higher quality product. I know they can, and when they do they'll earn my trust and my money. Until then, I'll examine my other vendor options and enjoy all the older games that are available.

Message to Stern: DO BETTER!

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It kills me that I'm packing up Ac/dc. Never thought I'd do it but its going to a good home and cool dude Gryzz.
    I'm sure it will come back to me too at some point, but don't worry Cooked, you won't be unhappy with ASLE for a great change of pace and they did an excellent job on the song selection.

I've let go of AC/DC Prem, LOTR and SM...among my all time favorites. No space or money to keep them all. I miss the joy I felt while playing them in their prime, but after countless plays they got a little tired. Replaced them will all manner of games, most also recycled. It's the cycle of Pinball!

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You shut your dirty mouth. Holy shit.

And as for you, stop that "making sense and thinking with your wallet and not your heart" shit. That could be contagious, and then we might have a real problem on our hands....

Ya know, I totally get it for the guys with lots of dough and lots of space. Who cares at that point? Buy the new Stern games! Big deal!

But that said, I have a Fish Tales, a Dirty Harry and a WCS, and they are basically bullet proof. It's just amazing how solid they are. Maybe the people I bought them from painstakingly dialed them in, but somehow I don't think so. They are just well made games, and when you take good care of them they stay solid. All things being equal - and we know they aren't recently - Stern's just seem less solid. As much as I appreciate them, they just do.

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

No idea? Maybe because they are "great".
    Beer in hand, many in ice box, flipping ASLE and loading up new BM66 code!
    Party time Who Dey.

Enjoy Ice! Sounds marvelous!

Im enjoying a cold one after just getting my ass handed to me on a few games of Fish Tales. Great game that! Would really love to see Mark Ritchie design some new pins. Isn't there a rumor that he's designing Pulp Fiction or something for Stern? How awesome would THAT be?! Stern gets their shit together, that's a good bet buy for me.

Also got my eye on Aerosmith. Wouldn't mind a GOT, but, and I hate to be negative, that art package really bugs me, especially considering what they've done with practically every pin before and after.

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

GOT is a fantastic game. I find it helps if you actually play the thing instead of sitting around staring at it; but that's just me.
    It looks better than your WCS

So GOT doesn't have JPop in drag on the playfield? Pass!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-game-over-man-alien-looks-great-but-stern-pinball?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.