Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jim C (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    Pin God (resized).jpg
    Jesus Pin (resized).png
    CAM01381 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5746 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5743 (resized).JPG
    goldengirls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    WDPOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

is on a F ing roll.

Despite the hate and naysayers, Stern might just say nighty night and "its game over man" with Star Wars.

ASLE is so F ing good with the new LCD, sound, art and overall fun factor that its really a new day in pinball imho

I love BM66 and it will kick ass too when Lyman is finished but WOW on ASLE

The game might be under the glass but that LCD is so freaking awesome

How do you compete with what they are pumping out? An AS PRO for $5200?

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I agree the game itself is a winner but the LE art package was not all that iceman. I'm still on the fence.

Time to get off the fence my man! If purple isn't your thing then go blue.

It's a home run.

Makes me want to keep playing it

I like the upper PF but pro is unbelievable value.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

I have Aerosmith pro and think it is great.... but with the amount of money flowing around the hobby right now, and the speed in which the hobby is growing; I see no reason why heighway, JJP, and spooky can't make it as well.... if anything I could see a price battle and prices come down a bit... I feel it is all good for the hobby.... PINBALL RULES!

If anybody else can create what they have done with an AS pro for the $$$ then bring it on!

It's all good

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

I have yet to play AS, but honestly after what Heighway and in particular JJP have done, the Stern LCD looks like a modest revision over DMD. Hopefully, they've had some impact on Stern, and fortunately it's the gameplay that really matters.

When you play AS then you'll understand about the LCD. "Modest" its definitely not.

I have a WOZ, and the LCD is great but the Stern size is perfect and its MUCH more crisp on BM66 and AS, and MUCH more relevant to the gameplay.

Last time I checked I didn't see a Ritchie Star Wars pin with an LCD, light show and sound system?

I love what Heighway has done with the LCD too, have deposit paid since day one, so they get the #2 slot ahead of JJP for me

#53 6 years ago

I was the #1 JJP Woz Kool aid drinker on day one for years. I was mocked and beaten down like a dog

Now I'm drinking me some Stern LCD, spike Kool aid. In fact, I just poured a whole can all over me and took a shower in it! AS purple btw. Mmmm good.

All pinball is great btw

#54 6 years ago

Simple question, yes or no, up or down vote:

Despite some QC issues that are being solved, Stern is making some GREAT pinball games?

#61 6 years ago

#SternhaterArmy

They downvote everything positive and then can't answer a simple question. Yes or no

Making great pinball or not ?

Place your vote above, don't be shy about it now

#63 6 years ago

It's ok fellas I'm loving Pinball Life right now!!!

I might see about smoking some purple kool aid

Purple Rain!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!!

#64 6 years ago

I'm hoping Andrew gets it going, like to mix in some green kool aid too!

#67 6 years ago

What a great MB! Puts a big smile on my face

Love the chick hopping in there

#101 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

haha an Iceman whom-dey circle jerk. At least it's finally contained to one thread.

It's all about some POSITIVE passion ladies!

Fun times, fun pins

Giddy up

#104 6 years ago

AS came out of left field for me.

I had ZERO intention on getting it.

Also had zero intention on Star Wars but after seeing the LCD, lighting and sound upgrade for the second time I'm on the list

Great reviews, streaming vids and get the vids simply can't do it justice

It's fun playing pinball with a smile on your face

I can see Alien doing the same thing!!!

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

This thread is pretty funny. The same 3-4 people that praise stern and act like they walk on water. Then the same 3-4 people that bash stern endlessly. Just going by the odds it's likely that both groups are wrong and the truth is somewhere in between.

Get a little excitement going JG

Great pinball? Simple question? Yes or no

Come on now, you can do it

#109 6 years ago

For the record to be copied and pasted in every thread. I acknowledge Stern has issues, including a big one I had with BM66 turn table and some GB PF ghosting

I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug, whine about it all you want

Yes pricing is Nucking Futs

Still I'm having a blast and nobody is raining on my parade

AC/DC, Met, GB, TWD, GOT, AS, BM66 (pending) Star Wars Ritchie to name a few of the recent greats

But you guys already know that

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I would say it's good pinball. So if the question is only "Great pinball?". My answer is no.

What is your def of great? Nothing?

#113 6 years ago

I'm def not poking at Alien. Just using my favorite quote to express my excitement with AS!

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haters are gonna hate Iceman. You say something positive about Stern and you are going to be surrounded by the Stern haters club all yielding pitchforks. It's weird and I don't get it but it is what it is. Seems to me like they should find another hobby but that's just me.

And then you'll have the apologists for anything and everything that goes wrong for others.

If you put a picture of an empty assembly line of Stern can you imagine the shitstorm?

Or the excuses when a different manufacturer PF looks beat to shit and magnet wear is awful

At the end of the day it all works out the way it's supposed to

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

I'm sitting here reading this (at work) thinking to myself, between work, family life and responsibilities, housework, and actually playing/flipping pinball, when do these 'super' posters actually have time to play and enjoy their machines? Do they have a laptop setup on a table next to their pins and post in between games?

Now if I had my pins at work

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Iceman you ain't got no time to be Pinsidin....Say yer teary goodbyes and get my new baby wrapped up nice and tight!
    Gonna be the LONGEST 2 weeks ever.
    Fwiw... Violent Steve and I went to the Super Awesome Arcade last night in Columbus (which just happens to actually be super awesome) and played the shit outta AS. Gotta say it's a damn fun machine, really is. The light show is long overdue, trippy, and amazing even on the pro. Will own one day.

It's hard saying goodbye to greatness! And my AC/DC is a beauty

That's why I didn't get it done last night. I was unboxing and playing AS

Packaged up tonight for you!

I have to figure out how to unarchive and pay Pinside fee too

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Except for AC/DC, that's been back twice. Oh, and I wouldn't mind IM back again. Sh*t. I feel dirty selling Metallica.

It kills me that I'm packing up Ac/dc. Never thought I'd do it but its going to a good home and cool dude Gryzz.

I'm sure it will come back to me too at some point, but don't worry Cooked, you won't be unhappy with ASLE for a great change of pace and they did an excellent job on the song selection.

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I've let go of AC/DC Prem, LOTR and SM...among my all time favorites. No space or money to keep them all. I miss the joy I felt while playing them in their prime, but after countless plays they got a little tired. Replaced them will all manner of games, most also recycled. It's the cycle of Pinball!

Yep I had little problem letting go of my LOTRLE and SM, still great pins, Acdc feels much more conflicting, like that one might come back some day.

I'm getting better at the idea of letting go and the cycle of pinball!

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I think AS is fantastical, and I'm glad that a Stern employee...I mean advocate like yourself started another great thread!!!

I'm really Gary's silent partner. Been bamboozling you F ers for quite a while now!

80% trunk hit for me too.

That's a pretty F ing good free throw %, I'll take it.

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I had a feeling that you were Garys right hand man. I mean why would anyone compliment great games like you do so much?

No idea? Maybe because they are "great".

Beer in hand, many in ice box, flipping ASLE and loading up new BM66 code!

Party time Who Dey.

#211 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Enjoy Ice! Sounds marvelous!
    Im enjoying a cold one after just getting my ass handed to me on a few games of Fish Tales. Great game that! Would really love to see Mark Ritchie design some new pins. Isn't there a rumor that he's designing Pulp Fiction or something for Stern? How awesome would THAT be?! Stern gets their shit together, that's a good bet buy for me.
    Also got my eye on Aerosmith. Wouldn't mind a GOT, but, and I hate to be negative, that art package really bugs me, especially considering what they've done with practically every pin before and after.

He's done a Pulp Fiction coming at some point. Yeah i want a Fish Tales one day too.

AS with the LCD and art package is hard to beat but so many great games to pick from!

#218 6 years ago

And I wasn't a big fan but great song selection!

#230 6 years ago

WTF

It's GAME OVER MAN

That Alien bitch is about to chomp your noggin!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-game-over-man-alien-looks-great-but-stern-pinball?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.