Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jim C (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    Pin God (resized).jpg
    Jesus Pin (resized).png
    CAM01381 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5746 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5743 (resized).JPG
    goldengirls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    WDPOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh?
    Stern's problems history, going back through the DE days.
    No top talent for design
    Lower quality mechanics
    Cabinet paint that flaked off
    Low quality art
    Spinners that don't spin
    Terrible sound
    This gradually started to get better with the release of Monopoly. "Code" has NEVER been one of their problems, and still isn't. Your average Stern game today launches with code that surpasses the complete release code of many 90s bally/williams classics. People still don't know what they are complaining about when it comes to Stern code. And they never will.

I'm not sure I agree that code was never a problem. At various times when compared with the competition of the time Stern/Sega/Data East's code was pretty weak.

The small DMD era games had some pretty great art and layouts at the time but the code wasn't very deep when compared with B/W FH, BOP, and T2 in the same period.

DE and Sega games also had this terrible habit of giving players multiballs. Good for new players but it gave them a reputation of being easy.

Stern has turned things around lately with the last couple of releases but are still capable of laying an egg with code. I played Kiss and WWE on release code and they were pretty bare.

#127 6 years ago

You want something positive about Stern?

My Stars is pretty great.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Then came my NIB was Avengers LE. It was riddled with so many design and QC problems it was all I could do to make the game playable, which I did, and in spite of everything, I loved it. That said, it opened my eyes and made me reflect on what I expected out of a 5- $7,000 Pinball machine.

Is it Gomez's games? It seems like every one of his games have these weird places the ball goes where it seems like they shouldn't. Like a better designer would have seen it and adjusted to get rid of the wasted space. I still like some of his games it's just odd.

#184 6 years ago

Oh no. Now we're starting to talk smack? I just schooled my 13 year old nephew in bball cause he thought he was the greatest. Shall I do the same to you fellas in pinball?

#202 6 years ago

Yeah I played B66 and just shrugged. It wasn't great but give it a year and we'll see where it's at then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-game-over-man-alien-looks-great-but-stern-pinball?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.