Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jim C (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    Pin God (resized).jpg
    Jesus Pin (resized).png
    CAM01381 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5746 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5743 (resized).JPG
    goldengirls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    WDPOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChiroCop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

I own Aerosmith LE. This thing is lightning fast. Currently running code 1.03. I was going to purchase a Hobbit Smaug....but changed my mind at the last second. I NEVER played The Hobbit, but think Aerosmith is a bit more my speed.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from SimonBaird:

Agree 100% Stern's entry into the LCD era plus there improvements in art/light/sounds over the last couple of years, puts them in an amazing position.
    If they can clean house with a few of the quality issues, they will just keeping powering forward. Even the code is not as big a deal as some make out. Really the code is what keeps games like Metallica on the production line for 3 years plus. But it is the themes and total presentation that sells the games at launch. Stern has to look at Metallicas popularity and the dollars it has generated based purely on the code. They will be investing more money in this area, however it may take a little longer to find and grow the talent pool to where every game ends up with Lyman quality coding.
    It's been covered before but when companies such as Highway and Dutch first announced there entry into pinball Sterns products as far as theme and art package where much weaker. Alien would of stolen market share if it had come out in 2014-2015 now Stern will have at least 1 AAA title in Starwars and possibly another for expo by the time Alien starts really ramping production.
    At value for dollars nothing is coming close to a Stern pro. This is great for the hobby as it provides a somewhat affordable option for operators and an high quality entry level for new collectors.
    If Aerosmith had been a more universally appealing theme, there would be nothing else anyone would be talking about. This game (pro) at a solid $1000 - $1500 less then anything else on the market, blows away the competition.

So true about the Pro. I find it rare that a Pro will ever match or exceed its corresponding LE. I never played the Pro version, but the YouTube videos give credence to all the hype. I get the sinking feeling that collectors (years down the road) will be looking for Aerosmith Pro. What an amazing price point for such an incredible pin!! THIS entry level pin is what gets people hooked on pinball. Limited funds with a budding interest in pinball. What do they get? HOOKED !!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChiroCop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-game-over-man-alien-looks-great-but-stern-pinball?tu=ChiroCop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.