Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jim C (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    Pin God (resized).jpg
    Jesus Pin (resized).png
    CAM01381 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5746 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5743 (resized).JPG
    goldengirls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    WDPOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not 1.0 and I refuse to judge it till it is!

Seems Lyman is purposely building to 1.0 slowly with small increments, if he keeps adding the amount to the code/features he is currently with each 0.1 then by the time we get to v1.0 the game code should be packed!

No harm reviewing each code update and it's added content, completely agree though final judgement can't be passed until the code is final, but it does appear to be slowly shaping up nicely.

#202 6 years ago

Yeah I played B66 and just shrugged. It wasn't great but give it a year and we'll see where it's at then.

#203 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yeah I played B66 and just shrugged. It wasn't great but give it a year and we'll see where it's at then.

When Lyman is on code it's never great out the starting blocks, look at SM, TWD, MET on release and now look at where they are. Rome wasn't built in a day

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Sorry get this thread off track Ice....I think AS is fantastical, and I'm glad that a Stern employee...I mean advocate like yourself started another great thread!!!
    Joking aside, I do want to see how the ball launch to the trunk holds up. What do you think the percentage that made it has been in the games you've played so far?

My game shoots the ball in the toy box nearly every time. I would guesstimate at least 80% accuracy.

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And I'd still like to know what everyone's success rate on the trunk shot has been on AS without jumping over to or searching the owners thread, or other AS threads. My buddy has an AS, and said his only makes it in about 50% of the time. I think he just got bad luck and a shoddy mech, because I haven't heard that many complaints about it so far.

There is a setting in the menu to adjust the power of the kicker. The default value seems to be too high, adjusting this value down helps a lot.

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

There is a setting in the menu to adjust the power of the kicker. The default value seems to be too high, adjusting this value down helps a lot.

Ahhhh...he's a noob, so maybe he went in and adjusted that already, and that's the problem. Thanks.

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I think AS is fantastical, and I'm glad that a Stern employee...I mean advocate like yourself started another great thread!!!

I'm really Gary's silent partner. Been bamboozling you F ers for quite a while now!

80% trunk hit for me too.

That's a pretty F ing good free throw %, I'll take it.

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm really Gary's silent partner. Been bamboozling you F ers for quite a while now!
    80% trunk hit for me too.
    That's a pretty F ing good free throw %, I'll take it.

I had a feeling that you were Garys right hand man. I mean why would anyone compliment great games like you do so much?

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I had a feeling that you were Garys right hand man. I mean why would anyone compliment great games like you do so much?

No idea? Maybe because they are "great".

Beer in hand, many in ice box, flipping ASLE and loading up new BM66 code!

Party time Who Dey.

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Party time Who Dey.

Enjoy Ice! Sounds marvelous!

Im enjoying a cold one after just getting my ass handed to me on a few games of Fish Tales. Great game that! Would really love to see Mark Ritchie design some new pins. Isn't there a rumor that he's designing Pulp Fiction or something for Stern? How awesome would THAT be?! Stern gets their shit together, that's a good bet buy for me.

Also got my eye on Aerosmith. Wouldn't mind a GOT, but, and I hate to be negative, that art package really bugs me, especially considering what they've done with practically every pin before and after.

#211 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Enjoy Ice! Sounds marvelous!
    Im enjoying a cold one after just getting my ass handed to me on a few games of Fish Tales. Great game that! Would really love to see Mark Ritchie design some new pins. Isn't there a rumor that he's designing Pulp Fiction or something for Stern? How awesome would THAT be?! Stern gets their shit together, that's a good bet buy for me.
    Also got my eye on Aerosmith. Wouldn't mind a GOT, but, and I hate to be negative, that art package really bugs me, especially considering what they've done with practically every pin before and after.

He's done a Pulp Fiction coming at some point. Yeah i want a Fish Tales one day too.

AS with the LCD and art package is hard to beat but so many great games to pick from!

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Wouldn't mind a GOT, but, and I hate to be negative, that art package really bugs me, especially considering what they've done with practically every pin before and after.

GOT is a fantastic game. I find it helps if you actually play the thing instead of sitting around staring at it; but that's just me.

It looks better than your WCS

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

He's done a Pulp Fiction coming at some point.!

He has already done the design for it Ice? Do tell, I am listening

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

GOT is a fantastic game. I find it helps if you actually play the thing instead of sitting around staring at it; but that's just me.
    It looks better than your WCS

So GOT doesn't have JPop in drag on the playfield? Pass!

#215 6 years ago

I'll bitch and moan all I want, but when PF comes out....TAKE MY MONEY GARY.
    Same with Iron Maiden. REALLY hope these kinks are worked out by then.

#216 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Party time Who Dey.

So are you starting to feel the addiction that I was telling you about on AS? The more you play it and start understanding it, the more you want to play. That's how it is for me at least.

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

So are you starting to feel the addiction that I was telling you about on AS? The more you play it and start understanding it, the more you want to play. That's how it is for me at least.

Best Stern since Metallica in my opinion.

The game is flat out awesome, even more so if you like the music.

#218 6 years ago

And I wasn't a big fan but great song selection!

#220 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Best Stern since Metallica in my opinion.
    The game is flat out awesome, even more so if you like the music.

Holy Sh*t, Mike J finally says something good about Stern! I'm gonna give you my first up vote, looks like you may be coming around a little.

#221 6 years ago

Love my sterns but where is my Iron maiden

Hope Lyman will be on Maiden when it comes up. he did some magic on Acdc Met and even more on TWD , he is just getting better and better . Stern is lucky to have a guy like that !

#222 6 years ago

I was truly impressed that Uncle Gary actually went with some pretty good (older) tracks for AS. With all the bullshit that band has put out I was expecting WAY worse. Wide open fun shots too...all 10 games that I put on it
    Can't wait till ForensicD gets his.

#223 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was truly impressed that Uncle Gary actually went with some pretty good (older) tracks for AS.

Yep, not a big AS fan but those are kinda the best of the bunch and work well with the game, Iron Maiden based on the old school classics, Motorhead and of course Slayer would get my dollars oh and many more that won't happen. Still looking forward to putting some time in on AS, better than Aliens? doubtful Ice but for sure looks like a cool game.

#224 6 years ago

Anybody else got Bill going IT'S GAME OVER MAN in their head all day? At a red light today I looked over at some college girls and said it. Thanks for that Iceman.

#225 6 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. This should be at the top of every page.

#226 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anybody else got Bill going IT'S GAME OVER MAN in their head all day? At a red light today I looked over at some college girls and said it. Thanks for that Iceman.

You say random shit while checking out college girls every day of the week, what's special about today?

#227 6 years ago

CAUSE IT'S GAME OVER MAN, IT'S GAME OVER.
    That's what's special about it.
    That and the new Obituary.

#228 6 years ago

New Obituary?
    It's game over.

#229 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

That and the new Obituary.

Obituary Pinball Machine, I'm in.

#230 6 years ago

WTF

It's GAME OVER MAN

That Alien bitch is about to chomp your noggin!

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-game-over-man-alien-looks-great-but-stern-pinball/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.