2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jim C (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    Pin God (resized).jpg
    Jesus Pin (resized).png
    CAM01381 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5746 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5743 (resized).JPG
    goldengirls (resized).jpg
    download (resized).png
    WDPOS (resized).jpg
    IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

I have yet to play AS, but honestly after what Heighway and in particular JJP have done, the Stern LCD looks like a modest revision over DMD. Hopefully, they've had some impact on Stern, and fortunately it's the gameplay that really matters.

When you play AS then you'll understand about the LCD. "Modest" its definitely not.

I have a WOZ, and the LCD is great but the Stern size is perfect and its MUCH more crisp on BM66 and AS, and MUCH more relevant to the gameplay.

Last time I checked I didn't see a Ritchie Star Wars pin with an LCD, light show and sound system?

I love what Heighway has done with the LCD too, have deposit paid since day one, so they get the #2 slot ahead of JJP for me

#52 2 years ago

Im very excited to get my di soon bc it really is a great playing pin with a off the wall non licenced theme . Its so different than the typical stern pins and is absolutely loaded with features, different ideas, original theme, good code and so much more. To me once you own a few stern pins they all tend to play and feel the same which is why i like b/w pins. I have many with similar layout but yet they feel so different which is how di feels and i believe will be a nice long term pin. In the end aero s pro is a cool pin at the price point but ill keep my met .

#53 2 years ago

I was the #1 JJP Woz Kool aid drinker on day one for years. I was mocked and beaten down like a dog

Now I'm drinking me some Stern LCD, spike Kool aid. In fact, I just poured a whole can all over me and took a shower in it! AS purple btw. Mmmm good.

All pinball is great btw

#54 2 years ago

Simple question, yes or no, up or down vote:

Despite some QC issues that are being solved, Stern is making some GREAT pinball games?

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Despite some QC issues that are being solved, Stern is making some GREAT pinball games?

Just glad Lyman is working on KISS code....

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't care if they tickle my nuts while playing,

sshhhh.....Thats a New Bonus coming on LE Games!!!!

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

All new pinball is great..... just buy what you like and no one sld worry about what others are buying. Great choices these days for everyone.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

All new pinball is great..... just buy what you like and no one sld worry about what others are buying. Great choices these days for everyone.

Thats just TOO Wise!

Wed have no threads like this!!

#59 2 years ago

Heighway are their own worst enemy - not Stern. If Heighway can't get production ramped up, it won't matter what Stern is putting out.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

All the Stern haters will give you a down vote. Anything that you say positive about Stern there are about 20 hardcore Stern haters waiting to downvote you. Notice how the cabinet thread has kind of went silent Iceman? Hmm....maybe there isn't this big huge problem after all that the Stern bashers were hoping for? Just a bunch of haters on Pinside dude, guarantee you that they hate life also and don't even like themselves. That's ok though, I'm gonna have a few cold ones tonight again and enjoy my awesome Stern lineup while they are on Pinside spewing their hate for Stern and missing out on some great pinball!

#61 2 years ago

#SternhaterArmy

They downvote everything positive and then can't answer a simple question. Yes or no

Making great pinball or not ?

Place your vote above, don't be shy about it now

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh?
    Stern's problems history, going back through the DE days.
    No top talent for design
    Lower quality mechanics
    Cabinet paint that flaked off
    Low quality art
    Spinners that don't spin
    Terrible sound
    This gradually started to get better with the release of Monopoly. "Code" has NEVER been one of their problems, and still isn't. Your average Stern game today launches with code that surpasses the complete release code of many 90s bally/williams classics. People still don't know what they are complaining about when it comes to Stern code. And they never will.

Didn't they have Borg? Tales From the Crypt

#63 2 years ago

It's ok fellas I'm loving Pinball Life right now!!!

I might see about smoking some purple kool aid

Purple Rain!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!!

#64 2 years ago

I'm hoping Andrew gets it going, like to mix in some green kool aid too!

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

#SternhaterArmy
    They downvote everything positive and then can't answer a simple question. Yes or no
    Making great pinball or not ?
    Place your vote above, don't be shy about it now

They can down vote me all they want, but while they are doing it I'll be immersed in Horde mode or fighting Stay Pufts fat azz, trying to reach the Iron Throne, or the wizard modes on AS! How about the animations on AS dude? I mean for real, you gotta give credit where credit is due and those animations just kick ass. Stern killed it with the animations on this pin. Have you got Love in a elevator multi ball yet? That's an awesome opening animation for that mode as well!

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

All the Stern haters will give you a down vote. Anything that you say positive about Stern there are about 20 hardcore Stern haters waiting to downvote you. Notice how the cabinet thread has kind of went silent Iceman? Hmm....maybe there isn't this big huge problem after all that the Stern bashers were hoping for? Just a bunch of haters on Pinside dude, guarantee you that they hate life also and don't even like themselves. That's ok though, I'm gonna have a few cold ones tonight again and enjoy my awesome Stern lineup while they are on Pinside spewing their hate for Stern and missing out on some great pinball!

I'm not a hater. I just don't think Stern should be churning out at a rate where they don't finish games. Foolish are the ones that buy and HOPE/plead/lead a campaign ..... all wondering if Stern will be on their side at the end. They won't. The games have been sold, time to move to the next hardware dump. Stop the insanity...

#67 2 years ago

What a great MB! Puts a big smile on my face

Love the chick hopping in there

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I'm not a hater. I just don't think Stern should be churning out at a rate where they don't finish games. Foolish are the ones that buy and HOPE/plead/lead a campaign ..... all wondering if Stern will be on their side at the end. They won't. The games have been sold, time to move to the next hardware dump. Stop the insanity...

Oh really? How come you are throwing down the down votes on me and Iceman then for no reason? You're definitely a hater!

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh really? How come you are throwing down the down votes on me and Iceman then for no reason? You're definitely a hater!

I downvoted ICEMAN at the top because I disagreed, and then I gave my reason: Software.
    I didn't downvote anything you posted, but with your attitude maybe I should. Grow up.

#70 2 years ago

Yeah ok Lancestorm, you're not a hater are you? I just looked at your posts and every single post that you write is a Stern bashing post! You also have one pin in your collection which is WWE, the biggest Turd Stern has ever made probably. No wonder you're such a hater! It all makes senses now.....

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh?
    Stern's problems history, going back through the DE days.
    No top talent for design
    Lower quality mechanics
    Cabinet paint that flaked off
    Low quality art
    Spinners that don't spin
    Terrible sound
    This gradually started to get better with the release of Monopoly. "Code" has NEVER been one of their problems, and still isn't. Your average Stern game today launches with code that surpasses the complete release code of many 90s bally/williams classics. People still don't know what they are complaining about when it comes to Stern code. And they never will.

I'm not sure I agree that code was never a problem. At various times when compared with the competition of the time Stern/Sega/Data East's code was pretty weak.

The small DMD era games had some pretty great art and layouts at the time but the code wasn't very deep when compared with B/W FH, BOP, and T2 in the same period.

DE and Sega games also had this terrible habit of giving players multiballs. Good for new players but it gave them a reputation of being easy.

Stern has turned things around lately with the last couple of releases but are still capable of laying an egg with code. I played Kiss and WWE on release code and they were pretty bare.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I downvoted ICEMAN at the top because I disagreed, and then I gave my reason: Software.
    I didn't downvote anything you posted, but with your attitude maybe I should. Grow up.

Oh yeah you sure did, go back on page one to the first post that I made in this thread and you will see your down vote when I was agreeing with Iceman on how good Stern games are right now. After reading your post history, you are one of the biggest Stern bashers on Pinside!

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah ok Lancestorm, you're not a hater are you? I just looked at your posts and every single post that you write is a Stern bashing post! You also have one pin in your collection which is WWE, the biggest Turd Stern has ever made probably. No wonder you're such a hater! It all makes senses now.....

Anyone who questions Sterns quality in your eyes is a hater to you lately... Come on you down voted my post saying I would like to buy an AS or Star Wars pro as long as the cabinet issues are resolved, lol. Oh, I forgot though there are no cabinet issues. There are no quality issues whatsoever, or code issues.

Everything is sunshine and rainbows

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I'm definitely grown up, do you see me over in the spooky and JJP threads down voting anyone who likes their products? I didn't think so!

#75 2 years ago

I love pinside so much. The ignore user feature is so helpful. Watch out folks, Who-Day is 12 years old or off his pills today. Too bad I won't be around to watch the rest of this train wreck. Get some help dude. Peace.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone who questions Sterns quality in your eyes is a hater to you lately... Come on you down voted my post saying I would like to buy an AS or Star Wars pro as long as the cabinet issues are resolved. Oh, I forgot though there are no cabinet issues. There are no quality issues whatsoever, or code issues.
    Everything is sunshine and rainbows

I down vote you because you started the down vote BS with me, and plus you are a broken record dude. All I see you say is......"I was getting ready to order a new GB but I cancelled due to all of Sterns quality issues........I'd like to have a new Aerosmith but Sterns quality is horrible so I'm not going to buy one until their quality is better"

Broken record dude! I know what you're going to post before I even read your posts.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I down vote you because you started the down vote BS with me, and plus you are a broken record dude. All I see you say is......"I was getting ready to order a new GB but I cancelled due to all of Sterns quality issues........I'd like to have a new Aerosmith but Sterns quality is horrible so I'm not going to buy one until their quality is better"
    Broken record dude! I know what you're going to post before I even read your posts.

Lol, ok. Wow.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I love pinside so much. The ignore user feature is so helpful. Watch out folks, Who-Day is 12 years old or off his pills today. Too bad I won't be around to watch the rest of this train wreck. Get some help dude. Peace.

Yeah it sucks when you get called out and exposed and proven wrong doesn't it? I'd bail too if I were you!

Also it's Who Dey not Who "Day"

You of all people being from Cincinnati should be able to get that right.

#79 2 years ago

You can't deny it Panzer. You know it's true dude!

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I love pinside so much. The ignore user feature is so helpful. Watch out folks, Who-Day is 12 years old or off his pills today.

Seriously, it's a pretty sad showing.

YOU DONT LIKE STERN!?! YOU ARE HATER WHO HATES HIS LIFE AND IS A LOSER! HATER!

Must be nice to live in a world where everything is so black and white. Comment on QC or code issues? Hater who is jealous Stern is pumping out so many great games...

I've owned dozens of Sterns and enjoyed them. Always excited to see what they come up with next, but calling out legitimate issues doesn't make someone a hater. Plus, comparing comments on a forum to people hating their life is projecting, and maybe something you should "see someone" about.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your the broken record, and i love Stern so im not a hater just sick of reading your posts saying same shit over and over.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from TrevixClemson:

I know I'm probably in the minority (and one of the younger people here), but I wouldn't buy hardly any of what Stern is pumping out.
    Aerosmith? When is the last time they were relevant? Armageddon (1998), and for a love ballad played on soft rock stations in doctors offices?
    Batman 66? Yeah, umm no. The only thing I know Adam West from is Family Guy. Batman 66 theme is a joke tosuck up money from the nursing home crowd.
    Ghostbuster is more of the same, old stuff that isn't overly funny to the newer generation anyway. My family and friends thought the new all girls GB was far funnier than the original.
    Kiss? Aren't they dead yet?
    GoT is fun, but butchered what could have been a great theme.
    Not nearly every game they produce is "kickass"... I'll continue to enjoy RZ and keep my money in my pocket until I see a few more things come down the pipe and hope they aren't from movies or bands where half the cast is dead or geriatric...

Get back to us when you grow some pubes.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Your the broken record, and i love Stern so im not a hater just sick of reading your posts saying same shit over and over.

There's an ignore feature, use it......or simply just don't read my posts. It's not real hard to figure that out lol

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

There's an ignore feature, use it......or simply just don't read my posts. It's not real hard to figure that out lol

Im not trying to start a drama war with you. You do repeat yourself alot though. Im not going to put you on ignore, your not a bad guy or being disrespectful you just needed to know that you are the broken record on here on every Stern thread, its been along time coming that ive thought this of you.

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Im not trying to start a drama war with you. You do repeat yourself alot though. Im not going to put you on ignore, your not a bad guy or being disrespectful you just needed to know that you are the broken record on here.

That's fine and you have a right to your opinion. I respectfully disagree but it's all good.

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can't deny it Panzer. You know it's true dude!

In case you wondered, I downvoted you because you are way off-topic. Let's get back to talking about the companies and not whining about someone not liking your posts. Block him and be done with it if it bothers you that much.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You also have one pin in your collection which is WWE

You keep going to this in multiple threads. Do you really think that's what constitutes a valid opinion? I only have a ST Pro and RBION for Sterns in my collection, neither were NIB, both bought HUO. Do I not have a valid opinion because I never ordered NIB, or perhaps no opinion because I only have two Sterns?

But wait... if I include a simple 20 min radius around my house, the following Sterns are on route:

BM66 Prem
    TWD LE
    ST LE
    GOT Prem
    Kiss Prem
    Mustang LE
    LOTR
    POTC
    Tron
    Nascar
    GB Pro
    ACDC Pro
    Shrek
    SM
    Elvis
    TSPP
    RCT

Then if I consider my friends in that same radius, I can also add...

IM
    GB Prem
    ST Prem
    XM LE
    Met Pro
    ACDC Luci
    Kiss Pro
    TWD Pro
    Avengers Pro
    GOT Pro
    FG
    Aerosmith Pro
    Tron LE

So, basically having 90% of Stern's catalog around me, multiple tiers of the same game, and even some of those tiers are duplicates across a few places, do I not have a valid opinion because I only have 2 used Sterns in my collection? Or do I have to convince either my girlfriend to buy all of those above, OR at least convince one of my friends to buy (what's not mentioned above) a BBH to finally get the ok?

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

You keep going to this in multiple threads. Do you really think that's what constitutes a valid opinion? I only have a ST Pro and RBION for Sterns in my collection, neither were NIB, both bought HUO. Do I not have a valid opinion because I never ordered NIB, or perhaps no opinion because I only have two Sterns?
    But wait... if I include a simple 20 min radius around my house, the following Sterns are on route:
    BM66 Prem
    TWD LE
    ST LE
    GOT Prem
    Kiss Prem
    Mustang LE
    LOTR
    POTC
    Tron
    Nascar
    GB Pro
    ACDC Pro
    Shrek
    SM
    Elvis
    TSPP
    RCT
    Then if I consider my friends in that same radius, I can also add...
    IM
    GB Prem
    ST Prem
    XM LE
    Met Pro
    ACDC Luci
    Kiss Pro
    TWD Pro
    Avengers Pro
    GOT Pro
    FG
    Aerosmith Pro
    Tron LE
    So, basically having 90% of Stern's catalog around me, multiple tiers of the same game, and even some of those tiers are duplicates across a few places, do I not have a valid opinion because I only have 2 used Sterns in my collection? Or do I have to convince either my girlfriend to buy all of those above, OR at least convince one of my friends to buy (what's not mentioned above) a BBH to finally get the ok?

I'm not really sure what your opinion is or what you are getting at but if you don't like all of those games that you just mentioned, then you must not like Pinball very much is all I can say because those are some great games.

#89 2 years ago

IMG_0743 (resized).JPG

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not really sure what your opinion is or what you are getting at

It's really not hard. You're disqualifying people in multiple threads from having valid opinions on Stern because they only have 1-2 Sterns listed in their Pinside collection. I only have 2 in mine, but have countless others within a short drive. So do I not have an opinion because I only "own" 2 Sterns, or are you willing to admit that one simple metric (pins in their personal collection) doesn't mean squat when it comes to having an opinion on a pinball forum?

#91 2 years ago

You say I'm F**** up in the head Procrastinator but look at your avatar that you so proudly display. Umm....yeah, that makes a lot of sense there buddy

#92 2 years ago

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's really not hard. You're disqualifying people in multiple threads from having valid opinions on Stern because they only have 1-2 Sterns listed in their Pinside collection. I only have 2 in mine, but have countless others within a short drive. So do I not have an opinion because I only "own" 2 Sterns, or are you willing to admit that one simple metric (pins in their personal collection) doesn't mean squat when it comes to having an opinion on a pinball forum?

No Sir, you got it all wrong. I disqualify people when they say that Stern cabinets are falling apart when they have no proof of that. 25 bad cabinets on the internet doesn't necessarily mean we have a definite cabinet problem. It's concerning a little but it doesn't mean that all Stern cabinets are going to fall apart.

#94 2 years ago

Darn, I ran out of thumbs down.

Error! Cannot vote on this post: The system has detected potential thumbs abuse from your account. Please contact a moderator if you believe this to be an error.

#95 2 years ago

Who Dey has really come unglued. I mean he's really falling apart at the seams. I think he just needs a little more support to solve his problem.

#96 2 years ago

haha an Iceman whom-dey circle jerk. At least it's finally contained to one thread.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kind of funny how you know so much about current stern games but you don't even own any

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You also have one pin in your collection which is WWE

Just 2 quick examples I've read over the past day. Also a few of those pins mentioned in my list above I've seen first hand have one of the "quality issues" that have been the sore spot of Stern/Pinside lately. But because they're not on Pinside screaming about it, doesn't mean they don't exist. And by telling people they don't have an opinion on various Stern-related topics strictly based on how many Sterns are in their personal collection isn't the way to have a discussion. There are collectors with tons of money and space, those with space constraints, those just getting into the hobby. All are potential customers at some point and all have valid opinions.

#98 2 years ago

I played both at PaTZ. Alien felt incomplete and I didn't find anything special about the shots. I hate the AS theme, but they packaged it an an acceptable way. AS shots were fun, Toy box is cool, liked the elevator and LCD brought it together.

If I had to choose it's be AS hands down. That said, NIB prices at 5k+ are priced above my fun:price ratio. I could certainly afford them, but I guess I just don't like pinball that much. This coming from someone with 10 games in his basement.

#99 2 years ago

Guys I got work to get done so I can enjoy some great pinball tonight but feel free to flame away while I'm gone. I'm not going to change my opinion about how good Stern games are and I'm done arguing about it. I also don't want to derail Icemans thread either so let's get back to the topic of how stern is kicking azz and pumping out some of the best games in the history of pinball right now! If you hate Stern games so much then this thread is probably not for you.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Get back to us when you grow some pubes.

You don't shave your pubes?!

What is this? The Dark Ages?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 209.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.50
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 89.99
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside