(Topic ID: 125972)

It's delivery day! What are your routines?

By jar155

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Man, there's nothing like new pinball machine delivery day. I got the call and my NIB Iron Man is on the truck and out for delivery. This is my first NIB since AC/DC Premium, so I'm pretty stoked.

But here's the best part. Tomorrow my son turns 6. His favorite superhero is, hands down, Iron Man. He's having an Iron Man themed birthday party. We haven't told him that the game is coming. So when it shows up, my wife is going to stash it in the garage and leave it boxed. I'll come home, head to the gym, and after he goes to bed I'll set it up and play it in the basement. In the morning he'll probably wake up early and excited for his birthday, and I'll take him downstairs and show him. It's going to melt his mind.

Anyway, what, if any, routines do you guys have on delivery day, be it new in box or just new to you? I pretty much always do the same thing. I clear out the garage, set it up right in the middle, check the boards and playfield to make sure everything is secure and in place, and invite my wife to play the first game. When she's done (after several "one more time" games) and the kids get a crack at it, I will play once myself, turn the game off, and start putting in Cliffy protectors, plastic protectors, shaker, etc. After getting it all protected and waxed, I fold the head down, throw it on the dolly, and move it into the basement where it's final spot in the pin row has been prepped. I try not to cry at its beauty and then I play it until I realize that I've been playing pinball for too long.

After a couple of days, I will install the LEDs and other cosmetic mods. I generally play the game stock for a little bit so after I swap things around I can be sure that I like them better.

And yes, we tip the driver.

#2 8 years ago

This is my routine.

(Full disclosure : I do this every day regardless.)

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

after he goes to bed I'll set it up and play it in the basement. In the morning he'll probably wake up early and excited for his birthday, and I'll take him downstairs and show him. It's going to melt his mind.

Great plan. Except the part where you are setting it up and realize he's sitting behind you watching.

LTG : )™

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great plan. Except the part where you are setting it up and realize he's sitting behind you watching.
LTG : )™

Hah, he better not. The house is really well insulated. Pins have never woke the kids up before. Of course this would have to be the first time though, wouldn't it?

#5 8 years ago

I toss the balls that come with them and put some good ones in

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Too true!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Yes, the ones that come in a new game are basically rolling sandpaper.

#8 8 years ago

I pray to Gorgar that there are no forklift holes in the box, and that the game is still mounted to the pallet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-delivery-day-what-are-your-routines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.