Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

INDISCLogo.png
    san-dimas-high-bill-ted--large-msg-134643240565.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbwzrd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Now that everyone has their Pinburgh reservation in..........

We are formally announcing the 4th Annual “It Never Drains in Southern California Pinball Classic”!

A PAPA circuit event!!

Tournament Dates: January 23rd-25th
    Plenty of lodging and food options within walking distance of the tourney location.

NEW THIS YEAR - Practice session! Fri, Jan 23rd, 9:30am-11am

Qualifying:

Friday, Jan 23rd, 11am – midnight
    Saturday, Jan 24th, 10am –mid (scorekeepers only from 11pm-mid)

Finals: (Sunday Jan 25th)

Classics finals: Sunday 9am
    "A" and "B" Finals will begin after the conclusion of Classics Finals

General Overview

The tournament consists of open qualifying and match play final rounds. During open qualifying, each player may make as many qualifying attempts as he or she likes. A point system is used to rank each player’s score on each machine. Those who rank highest at the end of qualifying will participate in the match play final rounds.

Divisions

All players’ qualifying attempts are considered “open” attempts. However, to ensure that some less experienced players at the event will win prizes, the players will be split into two groups of qualifiers. Those who finished in positions 1-16 will qualify for the “A” division playoffs. Those who finished in positions 17-24 will qualify for the “B” division playoffs. To prevent top players from taking advantage of this, any player ranked in the top 200 of the World Pinball Player Rankings at the time the tournament begins shall not be eligible to play in the “B” playoffs. If such a player is in a position between 17 and 24, the next lower eligible player shall qualify instead. At the discretion of the tournament officials, any other player whose past tournament performance indicates that they should be treated as an “A” player may be also ineligible for the “B” division. [They probably know who they are.]

A Classics Division side tournament will be held on older Electromechanical and or Solid State games. (New this year -- Classics "B" division!) Entries fees will be the same as for the “A” and “B” divisions.

The top 16 finishers will qualify for the Classics playoffs. . Those who finished in positions 17-24 will qualify for the “B” division playoffs.

Prizes and Fees

Prizes, as % of total entries (minus classics) are shown in the table below.
    "A" "B"
    1st 20% 8% + trophy / plaque + sponsor prizes
    2nd 14% 6% + trophy / plaque + “
    3rd 8% 4% + trophy / plaque + “
    4th 6% 2% + trophy / plaque
    5th–8th 4% 1%
    9th–12th 2% n/a
    13th–16th 1% n/a

Classics "A"
    1st: $1000 + Trophy + sponsor prizes
    2nd: $500 + “ + “
    3rd: $250 + “ + “
    4th: $150
    5th-8th: $50
    9th-12th: $25

Classics "B"
    1st: $250
    2nd: $125
    3rd: $50
    4th: $25

Top Qualifier in ‘Open’ and ‘Classics’ divisions will receive $100 each.
    Top score on each machine pays $20.

Fees

A one-time $5 registration fee is required of each player who wishes to compete to defray the cost of trophies and other non-cash prizes, if any.
    Registration does not include entries in any division; each entry is sold for an additional fee. All players who reside outside of California and travel to the tournament to register as a player will receive two free entries for both the main and classics tournaments.
    The entry fee is $5 for 1 entry, $10 for 3 and $20 for 7 entries. Unplayed entries will not be refunded.

Scoring

Each player’s best score on a machine will receive a point value based on its rank compared to all other players’ scores. We will use the common system where the #1 score earns 100 points, #2 earns 94 points, #3 earns 91 points and #4 through #87 earn one point less per position, i.e. 84 points down through 1 point. Ranks below #87 earn no points on that machine. A player’s overall score is the sum of their ranked scores on the machines in that division of the tournament.

Division banks will contain 7-9 games to choose from out of which only the (open - top 6 , classics - top 5) games for each player will count towards their qualifying point total. A player may choose to omit qualifying attempts on 2-4 of the 7-9 games in each bank with no detriment to their qualifying point total.
    Because the rankings will change as new scores are posted on each machine, the overall score of each player may change as the qualifying rounds progress.

Tournament officials will endeavor to provide up-to-date scores and rankings. The overall ranking scores are used to determine which players qualify for the playoff rounds.
    Points are counted separately for the Open [“A” + “B”] tournament and the Classics tournament.

Playoff Rounds

Format

In the “A” divisions, Players 1-16 will play in the first match play round, grouped thus:
    i. 1 + 8 + 9 + 16
    ii. 2 + 7 + 10 + 15
    iii. 3 + 6 + 11+ 14
    iv. 4 + 5 + 12 + 13

"B" Divisions
    i. 1 + 4 + 5 + 8
    ii. 2 + 3 + 6 + 7

Machines Selection

The machines used for final rounds in each division will be the same as those used in qualifying with one exception. The #1 qualifier in the open “A” division may switch one machine with the practice bank and the finals bank, provided that the machine was available for all players to play during qualifying hours. The #1 qualifier is not required to do so, nor are they required to choose to play that machine during the final rounds. The “B” division will use all the same games available to "A" division.

Playoff Round Scoring

Each group will play three four-player games, scored as follows:
    1st – 4 points; 2nd – 2 points; 3rd – 1 point; 4th – 0 points
    The majority of the detailed rules are adapted from PAPA.org, whom we thank for making them available for other tournaments.

Games Used:

9 machines used in Open and 7 machines used in Classic divisions. Games titles will
    be announced in the coming weeks.

TOPS tourneys' for both Master and novice players.

IFPA sanctioned tournament. WPPR's will be awarded!

PAPA circuit event!!

Project Pinball side tourney! (Crank up the Metallica!)

More details to come!

If you’re interested in seeing the full list of rules and details or
    need any other info like lodging etc., check out our website:
    http://www.iepinball.com/neverdrains

January is a great time of year to come visit CA! Make your plans now to get out of that snow and rain and spend some time with us!

Co directors: Karl DeAngelo and Bob Matthews

Always looking for more sponsors! Let us know if you'd like to be added to the list!

Interested in scorekeeping....let us know! (4 entries for every 2 -hr shift! + a bonus hr of qualifying on Sat night!)

Finally....have a pin you'd like to bring and place in the practice bank? You keep 50% of the revenue! Email me if interested.

Happy Flippin!
    The INDISC team
    www.iepinball.com

#5 9 years ago

Actually we do love our Nor Cal players!! We expect a lot of you to make your way down, just like last year! And those poor players from Vegas and Phoenix have to endure those fruit and immigration inspections!

Update:

Confirmed Modern games:

TWD
    AFM
    JB

Confirmed Classic games:

Beat the Clock (Bally)
    Viking
    Wild Card
    Abra Cadabra

More updates soon!

#6 9 years ago

Hello all!

Thought I re-post some pics from last year's event...

http://papa.org/2014/01/20/indisc-photo-report/ (Thanks again Genex!)

Last years event was very successful.

Over 100 players

Over $15k prize fund, with 100% payback!

Winner of 'A' division took home over $2500!

Winner of 'B' division took home over $1000!

All qualifiers won cash!

Hope you can join us!

The INDISC team

1 week later
    #8 9 years ago

Hope everyone had a nice Xmas!

So, last year we did some game trivia on a game that was going to be in the modern bank at INDISC........I thought we would expand that to include several games this year! (maybe classics too....we'll see)

Here's how it works:
    I will give clues either in text and/or pics. Guess correctly after the 1st clue and win 2 entries at INDISC! More than 1 clue = 1 entry. Only 1 winner per game, so answer quickly! (Also, 1 guess per person, per day!)

If you feel for any reason that you might be ineligible to play....you probably are....so don't! (Or, ask me 1st!)

AND, OF COURSE, IF YOU'RE NOT PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING. Thank you from me and everyone WHO IS planning on attending!

Some games are 'odd', some are not.

Ok....here we go.....good luck everyone......1st clue...

Ra Ra Ra!

#11 9 years ago

Well done Donavan! 2 more entries for you!

Current Modern games:

TWD
    JB
    AFM
    Stargate

More trivia and updates soon!

#12 9 years ago

Congo added to Modern list!

Happy New Year everyone!

www.neverdrains.com

#14 9 years ago

Hello all......hope 2015 is off to a good start for you!

INDISC is just 3 weeks away....crazy. (So much more work to do!)

Time for a Saturday update and some more trivia!

1st: update #1......... Johnny Mnemonic added to modern bank!

Update#2: Like to help us scorekeep.......sign up here: http://doodle.com/vydhh7srk7wfs2dz

2nd: Some more trivia.......

Here's how it works:
    I will give clues either in text and/or pics. Guess correctly after the 1st clue and win 2 entries at INDISC! More than 1 clue = 1 entry. Only 1 winner per game, so answer quickly! (Also, 1 guess per person, per day!) (Finally, maximum of 2 'wins' per person)

If you feel for any reason that YOU might be ineligible to play....you probably are....so don't! (Or, ask me 1st!)

AND, OF COURSE, IF YOU'RE NOT PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING. Thank you from me and everyone WHO IS planning on attending!

Some games are 'odd', some are not.

Ok....here we go.....this is a classics game..............good luck everyone......1st clue.....

I had a crazy dream last night.....I saw 2 stars; The "East star" was on the left and the "West Star" was on the right.

The INDISC team

#15 9 years ago

Morning trivia bump. ...good luck

#21 9 years ago

Congrats to Raymond Davidson who somehow figured this one out......
    The game was Future Spa!

Future Spa added to classics bank!

More trivia tomorrow.

#22 9 years ago

Time for some more trivia!

Please see RULES above!

This game's unique skill shot 'design' was reused 2 more times in future games...name the game.

#24 9 years ago

Not fireball

#27 9 years ago

Good morning!

1st question that goes to clue #2!

Ok, here it is....good luck!

Go for the wall to get the guard!

Not coming to INDISC and want to play for fun.....email me directly!
    [email protected]

#28 9 years ago

Arena added to modern bank!

#31 9 years ago

We need scorekeepers!.......sign up here: http://doodle.com/vydhh7srk7wfs2dz

#33 9 years ago

Good morning all! INDISC is only 9 days away!

Still need more scorekeepers....sign up today!

Time for more trivia! Please see rules above!

My oldest daughter loves when I read her a good night story......and her favorite story is about a "Dinosaur named Steven".

#35 9 years ago

Good morning!

Updates!

New this year: Mini Bounties on some games! Come early and win FREE entries! Bounty requirements will be posted on each machine.

Now back to trivia! Please remember, if you're not attending, don't answer here....email me directly..thank you!

Clue #2:

Hurry! The "train" is coming!

Good luck!

#36 9 years ago

Good morning!

1st game that goes to clue #3.....

Remember, please see previous rules and clues.

ok.....clue #3:

Well done! You "saved" the "girl!"

#37 9 years ago

Rocky and bullwinkle added to modern bank!

#39 9 years ago

Good morning!

Time for some Sat morning trivia!

Please see previous rules.

Ok.......this is a classics game........clue #1.......

My God, it's full of stars!

Good luck!

And 1 final note.........if you're in the So.Cal area this weekend, you SHOULD be at Arcade Expo!!

#42 9 years ago

Good Morning!

Spent the day at the ARCADE EXPO yesterday! Must say for a 1st year show...pretty darn good! Can't wait for their next event!

Updates!

Thanks to Captains Auction Warehouse who has sponsored INDISC with 2 generous gift certificates!
    Modern 'A' winner wins a $500 CAW GC towards any pinball machine at auction!
    Classics 'A' winner wins a $250 GC!

Also, Chaparral Lanes is giving all tournament players a free game of bowling during INDISC weekend! This along with our FREE venue......thanks Chap lanes!

And once again, Gene Lewin from Vintage Arcade Superstore is sponsoring us with $300 GCs' for any purchase at his store in So.Cal! Thx Gene!

Ok.....back to trivia.......clue #2

My god....it's full of stars.......and the Orange stars are blinking!

good luck

#43 9 years ago

Good morning

Classics game trivia. ....
    Clue #3

"Label Taping Mat"

Good luck

#44 9 years ago

Good Morning....

Clue #4

Funny, my little girl (who is 4 today...Happy Birthday Ashlynn!!) just came up to me and said "Tag, you're it!"

Good Luck

Watch for the final trivia later today!

INDISCLogo.pngINDISCLogo.png
    #45 9 years ago

Tag team pinball added to classics lineup!

#46 9 years ago

Final modern game is Party Zone!

#53 9 years ago

Good morning!

Slight schedule change

Doors open at 9am

Practice session 10 - 1130 am

Qualifying starts at 1130am

Come and see us!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbwzrd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-comingindisc?tu=pinbwzrd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.