IMG_0067 (resized).JPG
IMG_0064 (resized).JPG
IMG_0061 (resized).JPG
IMG_0058 (resized).JPG
IMG_0055 (resized).JPG
IMG_0056 (resized).JPG
IMG_0048 (resized).JPG
IMG_0046 (resized).JPG
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

Thought it was a Cleopatra, but the relays on Cleopatra are in 1 single row, not with some out of the larger row.
Charlies Angels has a red pedestal. CA also has the match lights along the top of the backglass.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

300 had more than four score reels for each player.
LTG : )

Four each and a dummy zero I believe.

#53 7 years ago

True! Ok my guess is close encounters...

#54 7 years ago

Delivery is supposed to happen between 9-1 tomorrow. Everyone keep there fingers crossed.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

PA070085 (resized).JPGPA070085 (resized).JPG

#55 7 years ago

It's definitely a Charlie's Angels, so it's looking out to be the first EM Charlie's Angels, also being a sample version of course. Cool stuff. Unless Dayhuff is just really excited about a sample SS Charlie's Angels.

Very easy to compare the art to the previous post:

492f1 (resized).jpg492f1 (resized).jpg

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Everyone keep there fingers crossed.

Charlie's Angels EM #1, a Sample.

Congratulations John !

LTG : )

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Delivery is supposed to happen between 9-1 tomorrow. Everyone keep there fingers crossed.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

Bring it to Expo so I put my DNA on it.

(Edit/Add): Finger prints you filthy minded Pinsiders.

#58 7 years ago

YES it's true, the EM. Charlies Angels is coming back home where it belongs after having sold it 2 1/2 years ago...I never should have sold it in the first place and talk about seller's remorse......UGH !!
I first acquired this exact same game back on October 2nd 2008 after a 12 year search and then sold it on April 11th 2014. Buying it back has been something the owner and I had been discussing for about a year or so off and on. I never thought I'd see it again but its true, the girls are coming home to stay this time. I figured many of you would figure it out early on by the dates of the pictures since many of them were taken before it left here in 2014. Some of you did figure it out pretty quickly but I wanted it to be a surprise for as long as I could hold it in but I can't hold it in any longer so stay tuned for more up to date pictures as it happens tomorrow.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

IMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPG

#60 7 years ago

Congrats!

That has been in your sig line for probably 10 years

#61 7 years ago

Congrats John. Always great when you can get back one you miss.

#62 7 years ago

Congrats!

Charlies Angels was on my short list, along with Close Encounters, for my previous guess.
One thing for sure is that IPDB doesn't have a enough photos of this fairly rare EM pin.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why'd you sell it?

I'm guessing there was money involved.

#64 7 years ago

I cant believe you sold it, you look so happy in that pic playing it.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing there was money involved.

Umm.....yeah, ALOT of money that I'm sworn to secrecy about. However even though the offer was there it was not a snap decision and took some soul searching on my part since I knew that I'd never ever see another one (because in the 20 years of collecting I have yet to have seen another one in person) let alone game #001. But as it has turned out, thank goodness I was wrong and I stayed in touch with it's new owner and I had always told him that if he were to ever sell to give me first chance. Loooong story short, we worked it out and the game now has a NOS playfield installed (as seen in this 2008 picture) and I couldn't be happier.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

PA030042 (resized).JPGPA030042 (resized).JPG

#66 7 years ago

Any possibility of it being this years tournament machine @ the big party coming up hmm...

#67 7 years ago

Very cool john, glad to see you getting it back. Such a great and classic theme plus #1 em!
Look forward to seeing pics of when u set it up

#68 7 years ago

Congratulations! Hope it gets there safe and sound. I'm sure it will.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Very cool john, glad to see you getting it back. Such a great and classic theme plus #1 em!
Look forward to seeing pics of when u set it up

I've got plenty of pics of it from the first time around but I'll be taking more this time as well.

Quoted from dhard:

Any possibility of it being this years tournament machine @ the big party coming up hmm...

Umm.......its possible but probably not since this years tournament game was picked nearly a year ago, but there's always next year.....Hmmmm?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#70 7 years ago

Mama, mama Charlies angels is coming home

Ozzy reference

Thread title Makes me think of that ozzy song lol

#71 7 years ago

Not like it's any of our business but did it cost you more, the same, or less to get it back? In other words, did this "lesson" cost you money or were you lucky enough to get it back for what you sold it for?

#72 7 years ago

I was shocked when you sold it after such a long, looooooong search for it. Congrats on getting it back.

#73 7 years ago

Congrats John! I'm glad you got her back. I remember the first time I returned to your place and noticed it wasn't in your line up, and you told me that you sold it. I was shocked and thought you might be kidding me at first, LOL. Your basement hasn't seemed the same without those Angels It belongs there!

#74 7 years ago

Amazing story, really cool dude

#75 7 years ago

Staying tuned for unboxing pics.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Not like it's any of our business but did it cost you more, the same, or less to get it back? In other words, did this "lesson" cost you money or were you lucky enough to get it back for what you sold it for?

It cost me less. WAY less, but I didn't set the buy back price the seller did and it was more then I had initially offered him but I was still fine with that. I'm sure the seller would have liked to had seen much more but again he set the rock bottom price and I'm sure that I was the only one in the running....

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

It cost me less. WAY less, but I didn't set the buy back price the seller did and it was more then I had initially offered him but I was still fine with that. I'm sure the seller would have liked to had seen much more but again he set the rock bottom price and I'm sure that I was the only one in the running....
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

5 digits?

#78 7 years ago

Any thoughts of sending it over to Ron's to be cleared?

#79 7 years ago

Going to work today?
or are you "sick"?

#80 7 years ago

Machine almost here.

20161013_082032 (resized).jpg20161013_082032 (resized).jpg

#81 7 years ago

ARGH!!! Waited all day and they finally showed up at 3pm, WITH THE WRONG GAME !! I'm not joking. I'm heading to Detroit right now to go get it myself. I HATE SHIPPING GAMES !!
Stay tuned I'll be back tonight.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#82 7 years ago

#83 7 years ago

Wow. Sorry to hear and hope you get the right game without any more trouble.
At least you got to teach some poor truck driver lots of new and interesting swears.

#84 7 years ago

Always got to hold your breath and cross your fingers on arrival day... chances are good, something will go wrong... shipping sucks.

#85 7 years ago

Blerg! Good luck with the Detroit trek. *fingers crossed it is all in one piece*

#86 7 years ago

I'd be freaking out that machines got cross-wired along the route somewhere and my machine ended up at some other terminal far away. Hope that's not the case! Good luck!

#87 7 years ago

Someone's having a bad day, hope it gets better.

#88 7 years ago

How does that even happen? Shipper shipped the wrong game, or it got mixed up with another in transit???

#89 7 years ago

Some pinhead probably just crapped his pants when EM Charlies Angels showed up instead of the Magnotron he bought.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Some pinhead probably just crapped his pants when EM Charlies Angels showed up instead of the Magnotron he bought.

The guy thought he was getting a Ghostbusters. lol.

#91 7 years ago

Just got back from the terminal in Taylor Michigan which was a five hour round trip. From what I can tell the game appears to be ok even though its missing a strap since there was two on it went it left for Michigan. I've not opened it up yet. The game that they brought me this afternoon was supposed to go to someone in Lansing Michigan and luckily the CA never left the terminal, other wise who knows where it would have ended up at. Supposedly the person loading the truck last night was "new" and didn't read the entire contract number....which wasn't even close to the number on the CA game.
Stay tuned.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#92 7 years ago

Ok here's the deal. I get home at just after 3pm today to find this truck in the road and this game being loaded BACK on the truck and I'm told its NOT my game.....huh? This game was supposed to go to someone in Lansing and that my game was not on the truck at all but rather still in Taylor Michigan. Can anyone guess what the game is? I was first thinking Congo but that's not it.
IMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPG

So I tell the driver that I'm heading to Taylor Michigan to go get this game myself and that I'm all done with "rescheduling".......
IMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPG

Two hours later SuAnn and I arrive at the terminal and quickly find someone that takes us to the game, which I verify by the contract number that appears on the sticker. We get the game off the skid and get it loaded up in MY truck.
IMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPG
IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG

FINALLY we get home and I start the unloading right away.
IMG_0061 (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (resized).JPG
IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPGIMG_0067 (resized).JPG

Next comes the unwrapping of the head as I'm most curious to see this beautiful backglass in all its (hopefully unbroken) glory. And finally there it is and its gorgeous and in one piece.
IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPG
IMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPG

Next comes the lower cabinet and I cant wait to see the NOS playfield that was installed after I had sold the game and by the previous owner. I'd seen pictures after it was installed but nothing beats seeing it in person. AWESOME!!
IMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0079 (resized).JPGIMG_0079 (resized).JPG

Tomorrow I'll get it set up and some better pictures of that playfield. From the counter the previous owner dropped in 23 coins and played 389 games on it.

Stay tuned for more pictures.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#93 7 years ago

*phew* Glad to see this safe and sound!

#94 7 years ago

I just sent a link to this thread to Jim S. He said he had a little buyers remorse when he let it go as well. This game is like a trail of tears. makes you wonder how the last guy will be feeling in a couple months. You should hang onto it this time. I'm guessing you will.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Can anyone guess what the game is? I was first thinking Congo but that's not it.

Don't forget to answer this. It's bugging me now.

Congrats on the Charlie. That's certainly unique.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Don't forget to answer this. It's bugging me now.
Congrats on the Charlie. That's certainly unique.

I don't know what it is, but if you zoom in really hard on the picture you can kinda make out the cabinet artwork. That's why I first thought Congo but I was wrong.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I just sent a link to this thread to Jim S. He said he had a little buyers remorse when he let it go as well. This game is like a trail of tears. makes you wonder how the last guy will be feeling in a couple months. You should hang onto it this time. I'm guessing you will.

It wont leave here again for a while..... a LOOOONG while. But I know exactly how the previous owner is feeling right now for sure and I'd like to publically thank him for giving me the opportunity of buying it back and I'm forever grateful !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#98 7 years ago

Congratulations on getting this game back. I remember following your quest to find one through the years and couldn't believe it when you sold it.

#99 7 years ago

Glad you got it home, and in one piece

Enjoy

#100 7 years ago

It looks like you even got a couple of free moving blankets out of the deal as well... Totally worth the long drive to go get the game yourself, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-coming-home/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.