Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

So, as a pre-order, deposit put down purchaser of MBrLE, and also a pre-order, deposit put down on a MMr........ are we in for yet another round of delays and waiting extended periods of time for CGC to figure out their production???? If you search and read around and talk to distro’s, all was said that the rerun of MMr was going to happen in June/July. Here it is August 5th and not a peep! I am loyal to my distro but why is CGC so silent on production?
First world problems, I get it. It’s just frustrating that other manufacturers announce a game and deliver shortly after.

#2 7 months ago

Hopefully they are tied up working on the 4th remake.

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

other manufacturers announce a game and deliver shortly after.

That...............................is not always the case.
Hope the MMr folks get your games soon, but this isn't really "late" by pinball standards. Yet anyway.

#4 7 months ago

fourth quarter so soon

#5 7 months ago

I would think the MBr delays pushed it back some. I think it will still get done however. I’m hoping to snag one is the next run as well.

#6 7 months ago

They don't immediately ship every machine the second it comes off the line. They ship them out in batches. When I talked with some guys from CGC back over Memorial Day they said I can expect to have mine late July/early August. Seeing as it isn't even a whole week into August, that timeline can still stand. My distributor has also said he thinks he will probably hear something this week. You just need to have patience, since we are still in the time frame they gave.

#7 7 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

So, as a pre-order, deposit put down purchaser of MBrLE, and also a pre-order, deposit put down on a MMr........ are we in for yet another round of delays and waiting extended periods of time for CGC to figure out their production???? If you search and read around and talk to distro’s, all was said that the rerun of MMr was going to happen in June/July. Here it is August 5th and not a peep! I am loyal to my distro but why is CGC so silent on production?
First world problems, I get it. It’s just frustrating that other manufacturers announce a game and deliver shortly after.

The only manufacturer that announces games and ships shortly after is Stern. With every other manufacturer you usually have to wait, sometimes nearly a year. I feel you pain, we waited 6 or more months for our MBrLE. Worth the wait!

#8 7 months ago

I've also put down a sizable deposit on an MMr.
After not bugging my local distributor for a month, I reached out today. We got word back from CGC that "overwhelming demand" for Monster Bash has pushed production into the forth quarter of this year. They also reiterated their intention to bring "it back in a small run this year".

*sigh*
I guess it's time to act like an adult and be okay with delayed gratification...

#9 7 months ago

Super happy to hear they are overwhelmed. Good problem to have. Love the remakes!

#10 7 months ago

Anyone want an hep restored mm?

#11 7 months ago

CGC is building new MMr soon. Also it will NOT have the large screen. This was confirmed on the Flip N Out stream Monday night. Ryan from CGC confirms more MMr will be made but built like the original run. No major updates from the MMr. So same price as before and not lowered like AFMr and MBr Classic.

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

CGC is building new MMr soon. Also it will NOT have the large screen. This was confirmed on the Flip N Out stream Monday night. Ryan from CGC confirms more MMr will be made but built like the original run. No major updates from the MMr. So same price as before and not lowered like AFMr and MBr Classic.

It seems like a combination of free money and not upsetting previous buyers. I think it’s not surprising as they have little to gain from changing MMr to their new business model. They have little difficulty selling them as is and everyone is happy.

2 weeks later
#13 7 months ago

MMr is supposed to be my first nib. Foolishly, I thought the nib process would be easier than the hunt for used games. I was so wrong. The hunt is active... Checking various sites, talking to friends, calculating if a game is worth the game is worth the drive to Detroit. Frustrating at times but active. Contrasting that to just waiting month after month for a company to put a game on their assembly line with only tidbits of news leaking from a forum and the occasional news of another delay from the distro.

Not many other industries that I work with provide this kind of customer service/communication. A bit more transparency would make the delays more palatable.

#14 7 months ago

Meh

Bring on something else. Cc with new code would be nice.

#15 7 months ago

Try waiting 2+ years for my MMRLE.... It was nice when it did show up!

#16 7 months ago

I saw the thread title and thought this was an old thread from Aug 2015. lol

1 month later
#17 6 months ago

And now October.... Maybe they are waiting for Expo?

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from Lame33:

They will suprise you with CCR.

#19 6 months ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Listen to Ryan on the Twitch Flippin Out stream last night.

LTG : )

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Listen to Ryan on the Twitch Flippin Out stream last night.

I ain't got time for that! What did he say, LTG?

#21 6 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hopefully someone will chime in with it. He mentioned it, I wasn't paying attention.

#22 6 months ago

I believe Ryan said more MMr will be made this year in 4th quarter.

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Okay, I'll post what Ryan said on the Flip 'n Out stream from last night (9/30):

* There are still MBr LE's with distributors available for purchase. They have nothing left to sell to any dealers. Dealers who have them, have them. CGC has 'very few left to produce, so talk to dealers. Dealers have ways to come up with the LE's.'
* MMr is coming back in the Q4, 'sometime between now and Christmas we plan on putting some more MMR's out there' of 2019.
* They've done two MMr runs to date. They first did 1000 MMrLE units and then they did 1000 MMr standard units right on its tail.
* On MMr XL DMD: 'If you want to play it, go to Logan Arcade. That's where the prototype is. I can't discuss whether its coming or not, but we will say it like this, it is beautiful on the game...either way you can get the HD graphics on the smaller 4:3 display.'

The MMr XL DMD is happening folks.

#24 6 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

I've known this for a while. Inside source that I can't reveal.

#25 6 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

Okay, I'll post what Ryan said on the Flip 'n Out stream from last night (9/30):
* There are still MBr LE's with distributors available for purchase. They have nothing left to sell to any dealers. Dealers who have them, have them. CGC has 'very few left to produce, so talk to dealers. Dealers have ways to come up with the LE's.'
* MMr is coming back in the Q4, 'sometime between now and Christmas we plan on putting some more MMR's out there' of 2019.
* They've done two MMr runs to date. They first did 1000 MMrLE units and then they did 1000 MMr standard units right on its tail.
* On MMr XL DMD: 'If you want to play it, go to Logan Arcade. That's where the prototype is. I can't discuss whether its coming or not, but we will say it like this, it is beautiful on the game...either way you can get the HD graphics on the smaller 4:3 display.'

They would sell far more new units if they sold with the new display.....I'm sure some would pay to upgrade their existing display, but at $500+ (I'm guessing on price) I doubt it would be that many

#26 6 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They would sell far more new units if they sold with the new display.....I'm sure some would pay to upgrade their existing display, but at $500+ (I'm guessing on price) I doubt it would be that many

Well, since it already cost most of us $200 (or $400) just for the color chip, I’m not sure why MMR/MMRLE owners wouldn’t be expected to be willing to go the extra mile and spring for the XL display. I know I’d be interested! I’ve been saying for months they just gotta make us an upgrade path and give existing owners the option to keep their MMR and MMR LE up to spec, and then CGC/PPS are totally free to make a MMR SE with the XL display, and maybe even a Classic Edition if they wanted to, with no (or at least much less) fear of existing owners being butt hurt.

#27 6 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

Thanks dude!

#28 6 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well, since it already cost most of us $200 (or $400) just for the color chip, I’m not sure why MMR/MMRLE owners wouldn’t be expected to be willing to go the extra mile and spring for the XL display. I know I’d be interested! I’ve been saying for months they just gotta make us an upgrade path and give existing owners the option to keep their MMR and MMR LE up to spec, and then CGC/PPS are totally free to make a MMR SE with the XL display, and maybe even a Classic Edition if they wanted to, with no (or at least much less) fear of existing owners being butt hurt.

I do all the tech work and upkeep on my (non-Pinsider) friend's MMRLE, AFMRLE and MBRLE. Every single time I go over the first thing he asks about is if they made a large screen for MMR yet. Even makes comments about how MMRLE looks outdated compared to his other two games. He doesn't care if he has to pay for it. He just wants it. And his second question is if they released a new remake yet.

#29 6 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I do all the tech work and upkeep on my (non-Pinsider) friend's MMRLE, AFMRLE and MBRLE. Every single time I go over the first thing he asks about is if they made a large screen for MMR yet. Even makes comments about how MMRLE looks outdated compared to his other two games. He doesn't care if he has to pay for it. He just wants it. And his second question is if they released a new remake yet.

he's not wrong.....MMR looks out of place next to MBRLE and AFMRLE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside