IMG_1308 (resized).JPG
IMG_1306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1301 (resized).JPG
IMG_1305 (resized).JPG
IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
IMG_1298 (resized).JPG
IMG_1296 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Ive been quiet about this raid for the last couple weeks, but now that things have calmed down and I have been able to go through it all and see what I actually got myself into, it's time I share the news. A couple weeks ago, I purchased 28 machines from a local operator. 25 of them being pins, and 3 vids (all Paperboys). As promised to the seller, I cannot and will not disclose how much I paid for them (I'll say fair prices, but by no means cheap). Nonetheless, I would love to share the fact that 25 machines will be put back into circulation with us collectors. The final count:

Paperboy
Paperboy
Paperboy
Whirlwind
Whirlwind
Whirlwind
Whirlwind
Whirlwind (Diamondplate)
The Simpsons
The Simpsons
The Simpsons
The Simpsons
Hook
Hook
Hook
Earthshaker
Earthshaker
Earthshaker
Police Force
Police Force
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Robocop
Phantom of the Opera
Laser War
Road Kings
Cyclone
Airborne

And I am also thrilled to disclose that most all of these are savable! Only three of the machines I've decided not to take on and will be using for parts or will be selling off as projects. Those being one Whirlwind (structural cabinet damage, topper and other parts missing), one Earthshaker (too far gone, ravaged for parts by the owner), and Phantom of the Opera (flashes locked and melted the playfield, no backglass). But I will be painstakingly rebuilding everything else over the next year or two. All you local Nevada folk will be glad to know I won't be scavenging craigslist any time soon, hah. But hopefully in the end, Ill be keeping a few (ES, DP'ed WW, PF, and maybe a Hook) and selling the rest to recoup the money spent on the haul and the money needed to recondition them.

Also, here is a Youtube video on my channel, documenting day one.

IMG_1296 (resized).JPGIMG_1296 (resized).JPG

IMG_1298 (resized).JPGIMG_1298 (resized).JPG

IMG_1297 (resized).JPGIMG_1297 (resized).JPG

IMG_1305 (resized).JPGIMG_1305 (resized).JPG

IMG_1301 (resized).JPGIMG_1301 (resized).JPG

IMG_1306 (resized).JPGIMG_1306 (resized).JPG

IMG_1308 (resized).JPGIMG_1308 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

I've always wanted a paperboy. What's the story with those?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I've always wanted a paperboy. What's the story with those?

Theyre all partial machines. Two have tubes with no chassis, one has no monitor or boardset. Otherwise fairly straight cabs.

#4 7 years ago

That's pretty awesome! Great to have more games going out into circulation within the community. TMNT is a game in particular that seems to be in very short supply, almost never comes up for sale.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

Theyre all partial machines. Two have tubes with no chassis, one has no monitor or boardset. Otherwise fairly straight cabs.

You're on KLOV so you probably know, but those tubes are worth gold (not price wise gold, lol) as they're for a medium-res chassis that isn't easily tube swapped IIRC.

#7 7 years ago

That's so cool. Subbed, looking forward to more videos... Rock me Amadeus!

#8 7 years ago

Will you sell any flat out as is?

#9 7 years ago

That's awesome. Good luck with shopping so many games. I'd be overwhelmed.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That's awesome. Good luck with shopping so many games. I'd be overwhelmed.

I think it sounds like fun.

Like an assembly line of identical games, doing one thing step by step across all of them.

whirlwinds (resized).pngwhirlwinds (resized).png

#11 7 years ago

I have a descent project TMNT for sale close to the Dutch-Belgium border. If someone from Holland or Belgium is interested,
Shoot me a PM

#12 7 years ago

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing! I wish you were closer because I'd definitely take a TMNT off your hands. My nephew is crazy about turtles and I want to buy him one.

#13 7 years ago

You can never have too many Whirlwinds.

#14 7 years ago

I'll take a TMNT and a Robocop with a large fries.

Great find. Love seeing stuff like this.

#15 7 years ago

If the PaperBoy's were fully working they would be worth more than than any of the pins you listed. The medium rez monitor is almost impossible to find!

#16 7 years ago

It's cool to see all the machines stacked up like that. And even cooler to know that the majority of them will be saved and put back into the world. Being local to you makes me scratch my head as to where they came from... I guess I need to leave my house once in a while Good luck, I'd love to come see them sometime and maybe talk about the hashed out earthshaker for a custome pinball project I have just got myself into. I also have an extra Road Kings playfield with the ramps and some other stuff if your machine needs parts. Let me know.

-Jim

#19 7 years ago

Nice haul.
I really enjoy playing Capcom Airborn.
Is the Backglass missing or did you jut take it out?
I used to own a Capcom Pinball Magic and it was a great playing pin as well.

#20 7 years ago

you beat me to it. i tried for years to get that same stuff

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

The medium rez monitor is almost impossible to find!

I think I have two in storage, one may be NIB i think, so not impossible...

#22 7 years ago

Sweeet

#23 7 years ago

Drew... awesome find.

I too would feel overwhelmed with that many games. But, you'll sift thru them.

Kerry

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

you beat me to it. i tried for years to get that same stuff

Me and you both.

#25 7 years ago

Congrats, really jealous of that airborne. Someday need to actually play one.

#26 7 years ago

amazing score! congrats!

I'd be interested in a whirlwind for sure if ya decide to let any of these go

#27 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about warehouse raids and get a kick out of seeing pics of them.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Will you sell any flat out as is?

I likely will, as I said there are a couple that are just too heavy for me to take on right now. But I should be able to tackle the majority of them.

#29 7 years ago

Nice find. Congrats!

#30 7 years ago

Great find. There is a recent thread on here of someone looking for a TMNT.

#31 7 years ago

Ahh what a beautiful sight so much good stuff. Hope your body has healed up form this undertaking of saving history. Makes me remember the great cp pinball basement haul out. Hope you ready for the flood of pm's your getting after posting something like this.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Great find. There is a recent thread on here of someone looking for a TMNT.

That would be me. If your selling a tmnt im interested in a price

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

That would be me. If your selling a tmnt im interested in a price

Yes, both TMNTs will be for sale eventually. It will be a while until I get to them, but they'll be up for grabs when the time comes.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

Yes, both TMNTs will be for sale eventually. It will be a while until I get to them, but they'll be up for grabs when the time comes.

you have to bring one to pagg first.

#35 7 years ago

Watched the video see you got yourself a bit of a jam in the garage. A suggestion as to the possible not fixable machines no such thing in my book they many not be worth your time and effort but my suggestion anything you want to pass on messing with just post them up for sale and get good pictures and offer them whole and if no takers list them as parts for sale. I suspect you won't have a hard time find a new home for these.

#36 7 years ago

Op, great score
If you are parting one of those system 11b board sets , hit me up
I need boards for an Elvira and the party monsters

#37 7 years ago

Damn Drewster! That's a lot of projects! Good luck with all of it!

#38 7 years ago

Nice man!

Let me know when you're ready to sell the heavy projects. I'd probably be interested in one. What do you mean when you say the POTO playfield is melted? Sounds crazy

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

Nice man!
Let me know when you're ready to sell the heavy projects. I'd probably be interested in one. What do you mean when you say the POTO playfield is melted? Sounds crazy

The flasher inserts locked on and melted the dude's face. Definitely picture worthy once I get to that machine.

#40 7 years ago

I seriously wonder if this is the same one I grew up playing at Karl's Silver Club back in the mid 80's, Tip Top was pretty much the only game in town as far as routers go back then.

Quoted from PiperPinball:

If the PaperBoy's were fully working they would be worth more than than any of the pins you listed. The medium rez monitor is almost impossible to find!

#41 7 years ago

I would be interested in a WW

#42 7 years ago

Holy Haul! Batman

#43 7 years ago

I would be down with a project Whirlwind. I miss mine big time. If it comes to that you have a buyer.

#44 7 years ago

I would be interested in a earthshaker or a whirlwind project myself. Great find and good luck.

8 months later
#45 6 years ago

Thought I would post a little update with the haul! It's been a little over half a year since I picked up these machines (damn, time flies) and I was able to basically look all of them over and figure out what they needed. I have also decided which ones I will keep and which ones I will shop out and sell. I have sold a few off as projects, but I don't plan to sell off any more as-is for the time being. Only one machine had to be sacrificed because it was too far beat. Anyways, here is the scoop:

• Paperboy #1: Had no monitor chassis or glass, boards tested bad. Controls hacked up. Sold off as-was
• Paperboy #2: Has no monitor or glass, boards bad. Solid cabinet otherwie
• Paperboy #3: Machine is complete and will be restored and kept.
• Whirlwind #1: Had a very rough cabinet, damaged backbox, no topper, ramps, or driver board. Sold off as-was
• Whirlwind #2: Missing ramp flap, seems to be complete otherwise. Power supply bad.
• Whirlwind #3: Complete but the spinners were taken apart for whatever reason. bad display and bad power supply.
• Whirlwind #4: Complete and plays, but the game frequently resets.
• Whirlwind (Diamondplate) #5 Side of the cabinet was painted blue with enamel house paint. Will be fully restored and kept.
• The Simpsons #1: Had severe playfield wear, missing lots of parts. Sold off as-was
• The Simpsons #2: Had minor playfield wear, but had to sell machine mid-shopout due to unexpected vet bill.
• The Simpsons #3: Had a bad driver board and no flipper PCB. Found all the parts, shopped it, and has been sold.
• The Simpsons #4: Plays fine but has no controlled lights. Will be shopped out and kept.
• Hook #1: Had a bad power supply and shorted light transistors. Currently shopping out and will be for sale soon.
• Hook #2: Beautiful playfield under about half an inch of dust due to being stored with no glass. Will be shopped out and kept.
• Hook #3: Complete but have not tested functionality. Will be shopped out and sold.
• Earthshaker #1: Parted due to bad cabinet and half of the playfield and boards missing.
• Earthshaker #2: Seems complete but has been neglected and half taken apart. No keys, can't get the head down.
• Earthshaker #3: Similar to #2 but it has it's shaker motor and keys. Will be shopped out and kept.
• Police Force #1: Cracked center ramp, but otherwise great machine. Has been rebuilt and will be for sale at Pin-a-Go-Go next week.
• Police Force #2: Cracked center and outer ramps, jackpot display is out, but otherwise plays great. Will be kept.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1: Auto launch mechanisms missing, display overlaps itself. Otherwise plays great. Will be kept.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2: Auto launch, flipper PCB, and display missing. Haven't tested it otherwise. Will be sold.
• Robocop: Controlled lamps are shorted, playfield got burnt from a stuck flasher. Trough coil locked on, but plays fine otherwise. Will be kept.
• Phantom of the Opera: Found the missing backglass, center of playfield is burnt from locked flasher. Was intended to be used as a parts game but it's savable now, so it will be rebuilt and kept.
• Laser War: Game is complete but was left half-disassembled. Everything looks accounted for. Will be rebuilt and kept.
• Road Kings: Game is complete but has severe playfield wear.
• Cyclone: Game is missing it's driver board and the ramps, but is definitely savable. Will be rebuilt and kept.
• Airborne: Game doesn't boot, probably a bad power supply. Haven't looked too much into it. Will be rebuilt and kept.

Basically, my goal is to rebuild and sell off the duplicates and see how far in the hole I am in terms of investment when I am done. I will be keeping one of each machine if I can break even on the cost of the lot. I think I can do it, or if not, at least come reasonably close. Most everything is being documented on my Youtube channel (as seen in the first post) as I go along. This has been a very fun, albeit slow adventure so far!

IMG_1900 (resized).JPGIMG_1900 (resized).JPG

IMG_1434 (resized).JPGIMG_1434 (resized).JPG

#46 6 years ago

One day I hope to own a whirlwind even as a project and you found 5 in one day!

#47 6 years ago

Nice updates!

#48 6 years ago

Just finished yet another one tonight! Hook is back...

Here's the total damage:

Replaced GI connector
Replaced power supply with new Rottendog
Replaced flipper links, bats, coil stops, and sleeves
Replaced all rubbers
Replaced all pop-bumper hardware
Replaced light transistor Q77
Replaced missing flipper button
Replaced all bulbs with LEDs, color-matched behind the translite.
Replaced four bad/gummy switches
Replaced upkicker coil sleeve
Repaired solder hack job on "Extra Ball" light socket

Total cost was about $200 to rebuild. Unfortunately something went wrong with getting all of this on video so alas, a YouTube video won't be made for this one.

"Dark and sinister man...have at thee."

10edecc28d4a302269841327c9660361 (resized).jpg10edecc28d4a302269841327c9660361 (resized).jpg

8df494a32824a495585002727dddc3e0 (resized).jpg8df494a32824a495585002727dddc3e0 (resized).jpg

6fa1128f1200b74f6b14deac378098bc (resized).jpg6fa1128f1200b74f6b14deac378098bc (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-about-time-i-show-off-my-latest-warehouse-raid-28-games-acquired and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.