(Topic ID: 75570)

It's 2014 and no PinGame Journal Calendar .

By TenaciousT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1841.JPG
    hocky rink closed.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Mater of fact no mag. since March #153 . I hope it's not another thing I enjoy going away !

#2 10 years ago

Funny, I got online this morning to check this very same thing. Anyone heard anything?

#3 10 years ago

Jims personal life is his own and the medical problem, but an email saying either way magazine coming or not would go along way.

#4 10 years ago

Just saw this on the site...

http://www.pingamejournal.com/cool/

Looks like he's waiting until the 2nd or 3rd. Not sure how reliable that date is, but looks like one is coming.

#5 10 years ago

Where have you been the last five years. That issue doesn't come out until April.

#6 10 years ago

Can't remember the last time I received an issue : (.

2 weeks later
    #7 10 years ago

Same here. I renewed my subscription back in October 2012, but the last issue I received was in March 2013.
    I just sent them an email to see what's up. On a related note, I used to love Gameroom Magazine, but that went away last year also. The link to GameroomMagazine.com now links to Gameroomblog.com, and that hasn't been updated since June 28, 2013. What's next, is the local hockey rink going to close down?

#8 10 years ago

Let us know what he says. I think it's dying a very slow death.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lebowski:

What's next, is the local hockey rink going to close down?

hocky rink closed.jpghocky rink closed.jpg
    #10 10 years ago

Just another sign that print media is dying

Too bad I really enjoyed those calendars

#11 10 years ago

I think I got a 2year subscription, and with the amount of mags he produces per year, it may end up being a 10yr one. Great deal haha

#12 10 years ago

Well I heard back from Kelly at PinGame Journal. It sounds like they are behind, but still in business (for now).
    Here's the message:

We are still in business, although lately it has been very slow - this year we have only had a couple of issues;
    same with last year. I'm still anxiously awaiting the next issue myself...
    The last issue was indeed #153, March 2013. Jim's last word has been that he was working on the next
    calendar issue. You're subscribed through issue 159, so that will cover the next half dozen.
    That said, I'm sorry it's taken us so long.
    Kelly

#13 10 years ago

I wrote an article for the mag back in 2011 about my Tron LE party and my game room (when the LE first started shipping)......I guess its a little outdated now

3 weeks later
    #14 10 years ago

So look what I just pulled out of my mailbox!

IMG_1841.JPGIMG_1841.JPG
    #15 10 years ago

I like the theme this year.... Rare machines. I always wanted to play that MAD magazine pin....

#16 10 years ago

Good to see Jim got this out and that Pingame Journal is still going. Now I just need mine to show up in the mail.

#17 10 years ago

Mine came yesterday, Chicago area.

#18 10 years ago

Thanks Jim! Since it went out late, nice touch adding Jan 2015.

#19 10 years ago

I got one mag the end

#20 10 years ago

I was glad to receive mine today.

#22 10 years ago

Got mine today!

#23 10 years ago

Nothing for me yet.

#24 10 years ago

I got mine yesterday. I resigned up for Pingame journal after a few years,as there were all these new companies making pinballs. So I figured there would be a lot of cool news and plenty of packed magazines. I have so far received two calendars. While they are great was hoping for a magazine with some substance to it. Here's hoping now Jims got this one out more keep coming or another Pinball Magazine gets published.

#25 10 years ago

As of yesterday (February 21, 2014) still none for me. However, I stopped at Pincades in Griffith today to say Hi to Jesse and saw his copy on the counter. Proof that it exists.....

#26 10 years ago

Got my calendar today.

#27 10 years ago

Mine arrived in Saturday, February 22nd's mail. Very unimpressive though.

#28 10 years ago

Got my calendar today. 2/27

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-2014-and-no-pingame-journal-calendar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.