Time to do some touchup on the playfield. I started with the end of the playfield the farthest away from the player so if I screw up it will be the least noticable.
Since I do not have a scan of the playfield or the ability to scan it, I did the next best thing, I created a 1 to 1 scale photograph. I started by taking a 11x17 piece of paper and drawing a grid of lines at exactly 1 inch intervals. I then cut out a hole in the middle making sure to leave a couple of inches all the way around:Flash-PostCleaning-Using the Grid (resized).JPG
Then using my mask I laid it out at the top of the playfield and took the picture:flash-postCleaning-GridRefShot (1) (resized).jpg
Now, with the image and the reference grid, it was time to head to photoshop and make it a perfect 1 to 1 image. I documented this in a short video:
Once the accurately scaled graphic of the paint mask was done, it was time to actually cut it out and get it on the playfield. I documented this process in a video as well:
I did not make a movie of the actual painting, its pretty straightforward, but you can see the result:IMG_4689 (resized).jpg
And the final result:IMG_4690-cropped (resized).jpg
Its not perfect, if you zoom in a lot you can see where the paint bled a bit, especially around those troublesome lightning bolts, but overall I will call it a win!