Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by G-P-E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IT-THE-TERROR-FROM-BEYOND-SPACE-landscape (resized).jpg
    20170907_184721 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

At the theater now. Can't wait! Anyone else going?

Great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes too.

Seeing at Cinebistro....even better.
    20170907_184721 (resized).jpg20170907_184721 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

On my list.

#3 6 years ago

Umm if we get a chance yes. Not big on any of the source materials although i saw some of the TV movie.

#4 6 years ago

Def going to check it out asap

#5 6 years ago

Bought tickets last week. Seeing it tomorrow. I'm happy about the positive reviews and we're looking forward to the experience.

"Floooooooat"

#6 6 years ago

I wonder if it will be in any way as good as the original.

IT-THE-TERROR-FROM-BEYOND-SPACE-landscape (resized).jpgIT-THE-TERROR-FROM-BEYOND-SPACE-landscape (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Not an awful movie.

It started strong and progressively weakened. We left disappointed.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

It started strong and progressively weakened.

That's what she said.

#9 6 years ago

Same here disappointing for sure

#10 6 years ago

I'm still recovering from seeing The Sixth Sense 17 years ago... add a scary AF clown and you can jam "It" where the sun don't shine.

#11 6 years ago

I'm in - might go tonight for a late one. We'll see.

#12 6 years ago

Loved it. The filmmakers certainly had to make cuts, but the essence of the story was intact and well executed.

Great acting, good scares, and wonderful atmosphere. I was that age in the late 80s, so I loved the references.

They knocked Pennywise the clown out of the park... brilliant makeup, effects, acting, etc. Highly recommended.

#13 6 years ago

My wife is a big fan of the original miniseries and she really liked this one as well.

I'm not a fan of modern "horror" films because I think they rely too much on loud noises to scare people. That said, I enjoyed the movie. No obscenely loud parts, a good amount of creepiness, good humor, and good acting.

#14 6 years ago

Awesome. A movie based on an 80s theme. What's next? Pinball machines designed around 80s themes?

(And, uh...oh, yeah...I'm seeing this flick! The book was awesome except for the kiddie gang bang at the end. That was unnecessary and disappointing - hope they left it out of the film.)

#15 6 years ago

How does the new Pennywise compare to Tim Curry?

#16 6 years ago

This movie was fantastic. I'll probably go see it again. I'm a big horror movie buff.

#17 6 years ago

Absolutely brilliant movie. Great story. Very funny. And, yes, scary. Honestly I thought the humor offset the terror perfectly and kept you going from one extreme to the other.

#18 6 years ago

Prob gonna see it. Hope it's got an almost Stranger Things vibe.

#19 6 years ago

I saw it too - very happy with it although it dragged at the end. I also thought they made pennywise a little too vulnerable and not strong enough (especially when you compare the beginning to 3/4th at end and on). Recommended though

#20 6 years ago

It was a decent movie but nowhere near as amazing as people are saying it is. It's worth seeing but doesn't hold a candle to the miniseries or book.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from GhostThruster:

It was a decent movie

I felt the same way. However, I was expecting it to be much worse than what it was so I left the theater happy.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I felt the same way. However, I was expecting it to be much worse than what it was so I left the theater happy.

Yeah that was how I thought about it. I think since all of these great shows have been coming out on Netflix, HBO, etc it gets harder and harder for me to enjoy movies. You can really get deep character development over seasons worth of shows but trying to get the same emotional connection in just a 2 hour film is really hard to do.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

Prob gonna see it. Hope it's got an almost Stranger Things vibe.

Very much a Stranger Things vibe.

#24 6 years ago

I thought, given the constraints, it was excellent. Obviously, all of the Maturin and Ritual of Chüd wasn't going to translate into film very easily. Maybe in a mini-series. The sex scene was cut, for obvious reasons. I'm ok with most of the cuts. The things I missed:
    - the clear indication that it is faith in the weapons that make them effective
    - battery acid(related to above)
    - slingshot with silver coin
    - more character development for the kids(although I liked that they did add some development to Henry)

Give me a directors cut with some of that, and I'm all in.

#25 6 years ago

Just saw IT... I thought IT was good. Also IT is doing better than expected at the box office.
    That was Chapter 1 - I'll definitely see Chapter 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-the-movie-whos-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.