(Topic ID: 76485)

It should be mandatory to put your LOCATION along with your avatar thingy

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pbb.jpg
    pbr.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I think it is a privacy thing to some.

Yeah...God forbid we know were you live with your pinball machines.

Lord knows it's been a major PITA for John Dayhuff who also includes his phone number

#21 10 years ago

I guess I'm just not getting it.

Who cares if we know what city you live in? What difference could it possibly make?

Me....I'm in a very small town. But most of you don't know who the heck I am and putting my city on here isn't going to help you.

Then (like I referenced above) There is Mr. Dayhuff who has a VERY large collection, uses his real name, city, phone number........I don't think he's had any issues and he's been in this hobby a long time.

I don't think owning pinball machines makes you any sort of "target".

Some A-Hole wants to rob you he's more likely to drive around just looking for nice houses without obvious security. And believe me....he'll pass by most of ours. And he's certainly not going out to steal Pinball Machines! I can't think of a bigger pain in the ass to steal.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I disagree. Location should be optional as is the avatar.
    Now; if your going to post in WTB or for Sale areas... then yeah; location might need to be a requirement to "unlock" posting there.
    And before you guys think 300 lbs pinball machines are safe... read this story from the local news:
    http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/police-father-son-burglarized-home-after-appraisal/ncffK/

Just so we are clear....YES, you have every right to remain private here (I just don't get it).

BTW....What does the above story have to do with anything here? An appraiser and his son (allegedly) stole from a VACANT house that they appraised for a bank???

You want to steal my pins....good luck. They are in the basement with a 90 degree turn on the narrow stairs. Oh and if I happen to be home you're likely to get a 44 mag up your Hee-Hoo for your troubles.

#72 10 years ago

I'd be happy with just the State.

That alone would let me know if a "for sale/trade" post is even worth looking at.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-should-be-mandatory-to-put-your-location-along-with-your-avatar-thingy?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.