(Topic ID: 76485)

It should be mandatory to put your LOCATION along with your avatar thingy

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pbb.jpg
    pbr.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 10 years ago

I was from Location Unknown once but after a few hours and some coffee........

This is a privately run and funded forum. Robin has the right to make any rules he wants. In my opinion, I want my location known for the networking possibilities. If someone does not list their location, it only hurts them.

Dane

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

I put mine on. Anybody wanna come by and figure out what the f$#% is wrong with my Demo man?? Its prob pretty easy. I have lots of pins to play, lots of alcohol, etc...

Whoever shows up to fix Demo Man, make sure it is fixed before dipping into the "lots of alcohol"!

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

It does NOT have to be your address, listing a city is real no big deal in my eyes, but maybe for some it is...

I can see where is could be an issue of privacy for those worried about that kind of thing. My town has around 1300 residents. It wouldn't be too hard for someone to walk into Oakland and ask a couple simple questions and know exactly where I live. And believe it or not, I am one of two serious collectors here. Everyone here knows everyone else in one way or another.

#78 10 years ago

*spoken with a lisp and a little spit flying* INCONCEIVABLE!

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Bloke in aus just had both his acdc le's stolen. As a side note he was not/is not part of any pinball forum.
    Keep it voluntary robin.

Quoted from Nevus:

It's a discussion forum. Personal information is personal. Please continue to allow the members to decide what they disclose.

Agree. It should not mandatory. I just prefer to have mine displayed and I like to know where others are from too. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't display their location. It is totally up to them.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I use to post my location until I was physically threatened by a Pinside member in a really aggressive way. The anonymity that a lot of people use on forums such as this can lead to pretty nasty exchanges that I personally don't think would happen if people used their real names. I'd personally would rather real names be used before forcing people to post their location.

That sucks man. It amazes me how big balls can get when there is the security of anonymity. I see things that some people here TYPE that I just can't imagine they would actually SAY in person. My opinion, this hobby is too much fun for any drama at all!

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

screw you man...that's just your opinion

Your words have cut me deeply! Hope you can sleep at night!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-should-be-mandatory-to-put-your-location-along-with-your-avatar-thingy?tu=Pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.