(Topic ID: 76485)

It should be mandatory to put your LOCATION along with your avatar thingy

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pbb.jpg
    pbr.jpg
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I have been online in some form or fashion since 1985 and my first Compuserve account. When people get online they have a sense of invulnerability and they suddenly become a 6'5" linebacker for an NFL team. I can't wrap my head around it sometimes when I meet these same people in person. Nice in person and a asshole on the computer.

Agreed, it has been happening on the roads for decades, nice people become assholes behind the wheel, keyboards and steering wheels gives some a sense of invulnerability sort of like a third person perspective, they are not like it in the first person perspective. Er, that's my perspective anyway.

#102 10 years ago

Just show yourself - warts and all,what could go wrong?

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I've tried it, using different browsers. The map doesn't come up and when I try to add myself in, it doesn't work.
    I was able to upload a picture, but I can't get the location to work, no matter what I do.
    I'm not sure why using IE would be an issue when I can edit all the other stuff using IE. I think this is a website problem.

I have the same problem. Why not just put an easy way to say hey I'm from Richmond VA. I tried on Safari and Firefox with no luck. I have no problem with posting my location, just can't seem to get the map to work.

#104 10 years ago

If you use INTERNET EXPLORER you cant add a location. I was able to put in my location using FIREFOX as my browser. Had the same problem viewing photos in the marketplace...Explorer wouldn't let me view the photos correctly...Firefox was fine. Hope this helps somebody.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from Notbychance:

Agree %105 percent on this one. Double that if your selling in the marketplace.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I will make sure I turn the light off before I leave.

Hey, grab the mail and paper and let the dog out. Thanks!

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I can't wrap my head around it sometimes when I meet these same people in person. Nice in person and a asshole on the computer.

It went from telephone tough guy to internet instigator practically overnight. Things evolve but people dont.

#108 10 years ago

Hey JAG, i live in Syracuse, and i lived in West Monroe for 10 Years on Toad Harbor Rd..

Lets get together one of these days, I just had a get together last friday, if you had shown up earlier here on pinside you woulda got an invite...

Give me a shout when ya get a chance...Gerry

This post i made to JAG63, in his WTB TZ in any condition thread...

This is why i think location is important, this guy is new here to pinside, and if he never placed his local, i may not have ended up meeting him for who knows how long, and he is right up the road...

The prosecution rests !

#109 10 years ago

When I bought my first machine, I was being helped here by someone in the thread and I noticed his location was close by so I was able to meet up and get some help.

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

If you use INTERNET EXPLORER you cant add a location. I was able to put in my location using FIREFOX as my browser. Had the same problem viewing photos in the marketplace...Explorer wouldn't let me view the photos correctly...Firefox was fine. Hope this helps somebody.

I use internet explorer, and don't have any problems.

2 months later
    #111 10 years ago

I havent got a problem with listing my location, if someone wants to try lugging the sttng over the fence i'll be out with the cricket bat to the heeeedd before they get it even close. What i do have a problem with is that the site wont let me post a location, and reading the previous posts i'm not the only one. I use firefox too, any ideas would be most helpful !!

#113 10 years ago

Could you please try again? I just did a little bugfix for people who have their location currently set to "unknown".

I have also made a fixed URL for location updates. Go here to set it: http://pinside.com/pinball/map/pinsiders/addme

If you encounter any bugs, please list the steps you are taking and the error that you see to help me debug the problem.

#114 10 years ago

My location was never correct until I put it in on the map directly with the little pin marker.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Could you please try again? I just did a little bugfix for people who have their location currently set to "unknown".
    I have also made a fixed URL for location updates. Go here to set it: http://pinside.com/pinball/map/pinsiders/addme
    If you encounter any bugs, please list the steps you are taking and the error that you see to help me debug the problem.

Cheers Robin.

I could not update location from iPad but was able to from laptop when I finally got internet connection...NBN rollout in Australia has been painfully slow.

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

INCONCEIVABLE!

You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.

For me I could care less...I don't live in a big city but its big enough. Plus, if you want to come on by then just give me a heads up...although I am not much of a host when I don't feel good (still feel bad about that one fattrain). I agree that if you are selling or buying you should at least have the courtesy to let "us" know where the Pin is. And if you can't remember to put it in the post then your punishment is listing your location.

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

And if you can't remember to put it in the post then your punishment is listing your location.

Some people may be embarrassed to say where they are from.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Some people may be embarrassed to say where they are from.

318 pins seriously....where do you live...pinball heaven!

#119 10 years ago

Holy shit pinwiz..... !

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

where do you live...pinball heaven!

More like pinball hell (or at least pinball purgatory),
    when it comes to finding and paying for storage for my collection.
    The hope is to find property with a large shop building or acreage
    to build a shed to set up and store most of my collection.
    It should happen soon once I retire in a few months.
    But probably not in expensive California, plan is to move up north to Ore/WA area,
    but the move will not be cheap or easy, so will probably need to downsize.

#121 10 years ago

I'm in North America.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

plan is to move up north to Ore/WA area,
    but the move will not be cheap or easy, so will probably need to downsize.

Don't you dare downsize, at least not till you get them up here, we could use 318 more pins in the area.
    Plenty of us up here to help distribute, I mean unload, them.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-should-be-mandatory-to-put-your-location-along-with-your-avatar-thingy/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.