pasted_image (resized).png
tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#336 2 years ago

The electronic nerd in me finds this discussion very interesting. One of the earlier comments was something along the line of "measured latency of 1 to 4.5ms of delay compared to an original. 4ms is lightning fast." Fast is relative - 4ms is certainly long enough for experienced players to notice, even if they can't find the right terminology to express it.

Also I must have missed it in the conversation, but beyond any electronic control issues, wasn't there the basic element of flipper travel angle being reduced? That alone would make a substantial difference. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to play the new version, so I don't have any frame of reference.

Finally, unless a game has been reproduced using all the same elements, opinions of gameplay are inevitable.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The flipper coil has two "strengths" that get activated when the flipper button is pressed.

This is a good example of the differences in technology - for all of the benefits that modern electronics provide (adjustable coil strength, etc), there is no feedback loop indicating movement or position. In the old EOS switch design (properly adjusted) the coil would retain full power until the flipper position reached it's maximum stroke, whether or not it hit a ball. Now time, rather than position, is the transitional variable. If the flipper is impeded by the weight of a ball, or gets hit by a ball, this will absorb energy and the flipper might enter a lower power mode earlier than the old design method.

Edit - but I'm guessing they thought of this and calculated a time long enough to guarantee the flipper would reach it's maximum throw.

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

It's like preferring a 1963 Mustang with 250,000 miles to a brand new 1978 Camaro to give just one of endless comparisons.

Lol - the '78 Camaro sucked. I would prefer to to remake them new.

But I understand what you're trying to say. And "to each his own", it seems the OP had both and was dissatisfied for some reason. I've not had the pleasure to experience the remake, so I'm just along for the nerd stuff.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I don't give a shit if people don't like the remakes, I do, and that's all that matters.

The world would be a better place if more people ascribed to that philosophy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-?tu=tomkatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.