pasted_image (resized).png
tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

The flipper travel is problem for older flippers too, in case you have to buy a new bracket for flippers (C-16103-R/L) - they don't allow as much travel as original parts B-13104-L and B-13104-R and then one has to bend the bracket in order to get greater travel.

Have a look e.g. here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proper-replacement-part-for-wpc95-flipper-base-assembly#post-4222354

Somebody should start manufacturing proper flipper brackets for WPC-95 machines as well!

#28 3 years ago

It would be good if some kind owners of original games would post pics of their flippers when in the resting position and when energized (from MM, AFM and MB), so that we remake owners could try to adjust our flippers correspondingly.

#216 3 years ago

Post the flipper bat pics please!

#224 2 years ago

It would be nice to get more pics of the original games' flipper bat positions. It should however be ensured that those posting pics on the flipper bats of original games have not restored the flipper mechanisms by buying new flipper brackets for them, since the replacement brackets provide shorter flipper travel.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

How do you know this? How are the replacement brackets different, or are you just assuming that original brackets will be worn/bent or something?
If this is true, then it is likely that this is a big part of the "problem" (assuming it exists), as the remakes are built with essentially "replacement" brackets.

I have had this atleast on my original MM: the original flipper bracket had gone bad and I replaced that. The result was that the flipper travel was diminished with the replacement bracket and I have to bend the bracket in order to have the same travel for both flippers.

I posted about it here sometime ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proper-replacement-part-for-wpc95-flipper-base-assembly#post-4222354
I was also then considering buying a PPS replacement part to try that as well, but I never did.

I do think there aren't currently proper substitutes available for the original WMS flipper brackets.

#228 2 years ago

Double post, deleted

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Were you able to determine why/how the bracket was different?
Was the old bracket already bent the way you did the new one? Was it a slightly different length? Were the mounting holes for the flipper stop in a slightly different place? Seems like there could be several reasons why one bracket would have different flipper travel than another.
And it could also be why some people think the flipper travel is too short on the remakes. If the remakes are using the "new" bracket and (most) originals have the "old" bracket, the flipper travel could indeed be different.

Sorry, I think I compared them, but I do not remember what was different to me.
The old bracket was unbent and I had to bend the new bracket in order to get the same travel as with the old bracket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-?tu=nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.