pasted_image (resized).png
tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 3 years ago

I have owned all. The remakes don’t play as well. The playfields have really soft wood and geometry is off. Yes the speakers and display is nice but the originals are night and day different on game play. Great comparison by the OP. I have owned both side by side. MMr was much closer to the original then every game the gap widens with MBr being the widest.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

This 100%. All your OG MB, MM and AFM have older flipper parts that have been flipped 100k + times. 14k plays is around a million flips so prob more flips on those parts. Each time they flip the plunger hits the coil stop and grinds off a tiny amount of metal (black dust) and shortens the stop and plunger and over time the plunger and coil stop have shortened giving the idea it has a longer stroke. Rebuild your OG flipper mechs and they will have the same up and down stroke as the remakes.

Nope you will not. Start with a NOS flipper mech and measure the difference. You are incorrect.

#86 3 years ago

The truth is if you have never had a solid low play original next to a remake you won’t understand the difference. I have had friends that were on this board defending the remakes as they owned all three. They have sold all their remakes after learning and witnessing the difference. They have replaced with the originals. If you never compare the remake to the original like the one poster said you will never know the difference. The remakes look nice etc but not the same playing game. Changing flipper strength really doesn’t help as it causes other issues. Also WPC-95 parts are easy to get. The remake parts are hard to get currently which I don’t understand. I wonder 10 years from now if they will be available at all with only three remakes ever made.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

When the flipper power is adjusted in the CGC menu, what is actually being changed to produce a stronger/weaker flipper?
Are they dynamically changing the voltage to the coil? Changing the signal timing somehow?
I would have thought that a flipper's power would be determined by the coil being used and would then not be variable.

Now you are just causing trouble. Put a good volt meter on it yourself and it will tell you. Everyone of us knows that answer.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Lol dude. This topic has been discussed and nauseum since the first MMr hit the streets. I will never not roll my eyes at the purists who have to insist every chance they get that the originals are better than the remakes. That’s what Pinside is for!
BEAT originals were going for $10k plus before the remarks hit. It is what it is.
Levi is right, the flipper stroke ships different on the remakes. It’s adjustable. So now we get to debate originals versus remakes again? Yay!
Slow morning on Pinside!

The flipper stroke is not fully adjustable did you read anything in this post! This is no debate it is a fact. Go chew your gum!

#165 3 years ago

Joking with you by referencing a pierce of gum? Boy, you’ve gone soft Levi.
Only deal I’ve ever regretted, only deal where the seller failed to disclose dramatic flaws. It amuses me to reference the gum under the cabinet. That will always be funny to me. I told Levi that he’s lucky I don’t riff on the other stuff. Like:
The borked backbox- upper right corner damage. Wood separation. A mess.
The large chip in the front of the cabinet
The broken sling plastics held together with scotch tape.
The missing plastic - the largest in the game (that you replaced after I complained)
The broken coin door plastics.
Mind you, Levi posted PICTURES and a description of the game on a Pinside when selling. Revealing none of these things. His price was full market for a nice players game, and upon arrival to pick it up and express disappointment he says “well, it is what it is and I can sell this game as is for this price so I won’t lower the price”...and that will never not be uncool.
I bought the game because my time is valuable and I spent it driving into NYC to get a game I really wanted. And yes, the playfield was pretty good and it played well. There was a pin gulp attached to the game when I showed up. When Levi cavalierly insisted I buy the game “as is or walk”, I claimed the Pingulp. He’s never gotten over it!
Here’s the real message people: if you typically buy nice HUO games by private sellers and that’s your standard, don’t buy from Levi. He runs a pinball flea market. I learned my lesson.
And lighten up. Play your original AFM.

Wow is that all confusing!

#167 3 years ago

Joking with you by referencing a pierce of gum? Boy, you’ve gone soft Levi.
Only deal I’ve ever regretted, only deal where the seller failed to disclose dramatic flaws. It amuses me to reference the gum under the cabinet. That will always be funny to me. I told Levi that he’s lucky I don’t riff on the other stuff. Like:
The borked backbox- upper right corner damage. Wood separation. A mess.
The large chip in the front of the cabinet
The broken sling plastics held together with scotch tape.
The missing plastic - the largest in the game (that you replaced after I complained)
The broken coin door plastics.
Mind you, Levi posted PICTURES and a description of the game on a Pinside when selling. Revealing none of these things. His price was full market for a nice players game, and upon arrival to pick it up I express disappointment he says “well, it is what it is and I can sell this game as is for this price so I won’t lower the price”...and that will never not be uncool.
I bought the game because my time is valuable and I spent it driving into NYC to get a game I really wanted. And yes, the playfield was pretty good and it played well. There was a pin gulp attached to the game when I showed up. When Levi cavalierly insisted I buy the game “as is or walk”, I claimed the Pingulp. He’s never gotten over it!
Here’s the real message people: if you typically buy nice HUO games by private sellers and that’s your standard, don’t buy from Levi. He runs a pinball flea market. I learned my lesson.
And lighten up. Play your original AFM.

Yeah and looks like you have bought a lot of home use only games over the years. Levi is a stand up guy. At least we have a AFM or AFMr to play and debate about. Why are you even on this thread if you don’t have one? Just to troll Levi.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Wow...least helpful post ever. I was simply asking a question. And since according to you "everyone knows the answer", why didn't you just provide the answer?
Instead, you want me to pull the machine out and open it up, then go through various settings in the menu and compare the voltages for each setting, then set up an oscilloscope and compare the signal timings for each setting. All this to find out the answer to a question that "everyone knows", but you are unwilling to answer.
Thanks for all the help.

It is a change in voltage. Less overall voltage.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If you knew all that and still made the deal then why complain about it? If condition and price were a problem then you should of walked.

Exactly! Great post! He is just a gum chewing troll with a big gulp!

#176 3 years ago

Jesus H Christ I wasn’t complaining about it! Where was I complaining? Show me? Not until Levi’s character assassination.
I’m done here now. I guess I should have opened a “Woe is me, have I been taken?” thread on Pinside 7 years ago and watch it blow up. It probably would have cost Levi a little something back then. But I didn’t did I? I protected his rep because yeah, I took the game home. Undisclosed damage and all. My bad.
SMGDH.

Not complaining read your own post. You are complaining here again. Good bye!

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The software changes the initial timing of the power stroke pulse. Fliptronics, and other modern flipper designs, use computer timing to change from power to hold coil (and the EOS is used to detect knockdowns to repulse the flipper back up). Stronger flipper setting = longer initial pulse
The type of coil also matters in power. The biggest change is Fliptronics was (I believe) hardware logic that isn’t adjustable, where as modern controllers can vary this timing for the user to make minor adjustments as needed.

This is laughably wrong.

Put a high quality volt meter on it. It does effect the timing but also the average voltage as it lets you dial back.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Why don’t you do this and post the results? You’re the one making the claim

Fair request I will do it when I get home and also try to take a picture of a HUO original flipper placement.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The fliptronics board essentially just samples the flipper switch (like any other switch in the game) every few ms to see if it has been activated. That is why in the originals there is some slight delay and also variability because the switch might have been triggered at any point between when the reading when it was open and the one were it was closed. In the remakes this variability is also there but the delay is slightly longer (perhaps because some functions of the board are being emmulated in software, although I'm not sure how it works in the remakes).

You really need an oscilloscope for this and I have done it on several different types of games. I've never seen one that adjusts the voltage which is pretty much determined by the power supply, just the duration that the coil is energized. In modern games it seems to be controlled by rapidly turning the voltage on then off and adjust the duty cycle (or pulse width) that it is on. With something like a DC voltmeter that is essentially averaging the reading over a period of time it might appear to be a change in voltage but that is not what is happening.

Yes it is only going to be the average reading in the period.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I haven’t experienced this with CFTBL. I have no doubt people have had experiences like this, but they seem rare considering every game has coils that heat up after 45 mins. Was the power supply getting hot and dropping voltage? was the coil sleeve starting to bind as it heated up? Was it due to increased resistance in the coil related to heating?
There are a lot of testimonials out there from reputable pinball personalities who believe this. Jimmy Carter also reported a ufo sighting. All of this may be real, but my point if it is real it should be possible to measure and document it. Only then will we know what if any effect cooling snd other strategies might have. I tried to measure and couldn’t find any effect, which led me to think it is over blown. I feel like if it is real and it is import enough to influence game play then measure it.

I have noticed on CFTBL but really notice it on Stern AIQ.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

It's out there already (The Slow Mo Guys), the flipper rubbers bouncing around when no ball is present is crazy:
The guy makes a really interesting comment at around 10:20 about the flippers.
[quoted image]

Thank you for posting! Really cool video. I have seen slow mo but nothing like that. Crazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-?tu=Onwallst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.