pasted_image (resized).png
tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 3 years ago

Levi - so when the flippers are down are they in-line with the inlanes?

Neil.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep that’s the idea

but that is wrong!

I present to the court of pinside opinion +evidence docket #1+ ( I don't normally post emails from folks but this is life and death material).

Basically all these years you've trained your brain for all these years to setup and thus play the game wrongly!

Cheers,
Neil

--------

Hi Neil,

Yes Lyman is correct. Dropped. The tip of the flippers are about .25 lower than if they would be if aligned to the return lanes for the exact reason Lyman mentioned - to make the outside shots a little more doable.

While I'd prefer them aligned it really depends on the playfield and where the shots are at. When you have major shots on the outside edges flopping the flippers just makes them easier to shoot and hence just feels better and keeps the flow going. MM is the same as AFM.

Brian

--------

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man Williams was really cheaping out in 1995, using used, flogged out baseplates and flipper parts on their brand new games....
[quoted image]

I think its really hard to compare then and now, what setup and angle - vs how did the games come from the manufacturer.

What I can tell you though is I had a MB and now an MBR, the MBR plays a million times better.

I have access to a MM and AFM at our club and in my view my remakes play identical flipper power wise and feel. Matt who own's the games at the club also wrongly aligns the flippers to the inlanes but its his game set it up how you like it.

I like to be original so when the designer of the game say how the flippers should be aligned, then that's what I'm going for.

for those not in the know, you can adjust the flipper power strength by holding down the green button and getting into the CGC menu. I have my AFMR set at +2 on the flippers and I can backhand the lock ball shot all day.

#80 3 years ago

I agree on the driver boards but in my view CGC have built a superb board set that can cope with the needs of todays and yesterdays games.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Blast from the past here... I do recall after MMR released participating in lengthy threads concerning spongy flippers, raised front levelers as compensation, etc.
After playing CGC remakes, along with AP games, owning a WOZ for 6 years, playing all the other JJPs, and currently owning two Spooky games, I'm firmly convinced the only good way to drive WMS flipper assemblies is with proper dual-wound coils and WMS fliptronics boards with their big fat TIP36C transistors. All this modern substitute shit just doesn't cut it.
https://www.flippers.be/images/wpc/fliptronics1.jpg
That is how you drive flippers.
Still have my OG AFM and frankly, Levi, you'd be nuts to swap for the remake.

I agree with the components on the board and it seems so does CGC!

57cf8b28162aebf0d03a0396291514911bdda829 (resized).jpg57cf8b28162aebf0d03a0396291514911bdda829 (resized).jpg

fliptronics1 (resized).jpgfliptronics1 (resized).jpg

#82 3 years ago

oh look, huge dual wound coils - in a REMAKE?! Say it isn't so!

IMG_1307 (resized).JPGIMG_1307 (resized).JPG

#83 3 years ago

Doug_Duba and CGC it would be good to get your view on this please!

#206 3 years ago

The other thread shows that actually the lag differences are completely inconsequential between original and remake.

however I've now stuck gum on all my pinball machines as a token of respect.

Neil.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Fn4me:

I would love to see two screen shots from an oscilloscope. I have a Fish Tales I could use if that would work and I have AFMr and MBr I could use. I'll try to get it set up next week if anyone thinks it would be helpful.

its been done go read the other thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-?tu=NeilMcRae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.