(Topic ID: 247542)

It's official: I spend more time on pinside than playing pinball

By Daditude

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190718_135347 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJim.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Par for the course. For me, a large part of the hobby is reading, and I do a lot of that on pinside. I'd say right now I'm 50% pinside, 25% fixing and 25% playing. I'm almost done with the fixing part (ha ha), so I'm guessing it'll be closer to 50/50.

I seem to go through spurts on the playing side. Right now it's daily since I am close to done fixing / refurbbing my STTNG. Prior to that I was trying to get into my newly acquired WOZ, but honestly I'm having a hard time "getting it" - I am struggling to find the depth in that game. But I always like to close my evenings reading on pinside.

Does anyone else track a dozen or so threads, and mostly ignore everything else? That's my trend...

Waaaaay back in the day (when I had more time), I'd read damn near every article on RGP. That's where I did a majority of my learning.

#5 4 years ago

I don't remember RGP being toxic, but honestly it's been so long that I may have forgotten. There were a TON of great technical threads on there. Man did I learn a lot. I was in college for electronics and had a jump on it due to learning so much from RGP. It's funny that some old the original "RGP stars" are here now, no names mentioned.

I guess I'm getting older. 20+ years in the hobby. I was in pinball before it was cool, ha ha. Or so my wife tells me.

But I do enjoy this place. Although crap like the Chinese color nuts thread is toxic, IMHO. The dude just wanted to sell some colored nuts. I'm sure I'll get some down votes for my opinion, just like I did for my thoughts on rainbow puke.

I seriously thought about "blinging" out a machine with colored everything, add a rainbow puke topper, and take it to a show. If only I had more time. =)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinJim.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-official-i-spend-more-time-on-pinside-than-playing-pinball?tu=PinJim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.