(Topic ID: 292195)

It's almost BBQ time! What do you put on your hot dogs?

By ForceFlow

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you put on your hot dogs?”

• Ketchup 56 votes
      10%
    • Mustard 120 votes
      21%
    • Onions 78 votes
      14%
    • Relish 55 votes
      10%
    • BBQ Sauce 10 votes
      2%
    • Chili 52 votes
      9%
    • Coleslaw 7 votes
      1%
    • Sauerkraut 34 votes
      6%
    • Peppers 15 votes
      3%
    • Jalapeño 15 votes
      3%
    • Cheese 39 votes
      7%
    • Mayo 11 votes
      2%
    • Other 7 votes
      1%
    • Nothing 6 votes
      1%
    • Hot dogs? Ewww 5 votes
      1%
    • Pickles 16 votes
      3%
    • Celery Salt 15 votes
      3%
    • Tomato 11 votes
      2%
    • Peanut Butter 0 votes
    • Bacon 8 votes
      1%

(Multiple choice - 560 votes by 158 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SmartSelect_20210427-231213_Chrome (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    elv (resized).jpg
    D555E17A-F147-4A4B-8716-15381B490751 (resized).jpeg
    20210426_111718 (resized).jpg
    3284CC3A-CD56-46F1-BD3E-30AC27916C85 (resized).jpeg
    00865245-30B7-4A53-9E5F-4BDC0FF04696 (resized).jpeg
    CA979E07-FAB9-4216-A0CD-313D7F36B13E (resized).jpeg
    D77820AD-951B-47FF-BDE7-DE8A5FF30A3D (resized).jpeg
    3272E93E-4E03-4042-AF0D-E77EB505AABA (resized).jpeg
    DSC00500 (resized).JPG
    img_eddies_logo (resized).png
    coney (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This question came up in another thread. Since I'm looking forward to BBQing as soon as the weather here gets a bit warmer, I thought it might be fun to see what everyone likes.
    I grew up putting ketchup on hot dogs, but haven't liked that in a long time. Personally, I like either BBQ sauce, onions, or chili. If I can't have one of those, I'll generally eat it plain.

I would check yes on all of the poll items.You cant beat a good chili cheese with jalapeno and onion

#9 2 years ago

bacon,caramelized onions and cheese.I think I may need to go to the store to scratch my hotdog itch after reading these posts.

#31 2 years ago

chili no beans is best if you want chili and i do but not everytime,The Bagel dogs around here are awesome.Why limit yourself your worth it try everything atleast once.

Quoted from Lopa:

I’m from Detroit we do “coney dogs” natural casing dog, bun, chili (no beans) onions and mustard.
    Also unless you smoke them hot dogs are not BBQ.

I tried to smoke some crawdads but they kept clogging up my bong

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

For some reason, poppy-seed buns don't exist in CA. It's bizarre. I want to get them...but I'd have to mail order!!!
    Chicago style bagel dogs were the bomb, too.
    Pretzel buns are pretty rad, though.

I just made a all beef hotdog run and grabbed some italian sausage Louisiana red hots .found poppy seed buns at safeway in cali.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Me too, it really does make a difference IMO

this is new to me I will try it,might have to make some bloody marys with the celery salt out

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

[quoted image]

I eat a bunch of different peppers but have never heard of sport peppers.I have never tried a pepper and not liked it.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, I admit that I am an uncultured heathen from the North. Up here, having a BBQ is really just opening a up grill (we usually call it a barbecue) and throwing on some hot dogs, burgers, kielbasi, wurst, chicken, steak, or whatever else. I know in the south it is very different and most folks down there take their BBQing and/or grilling very seriously. I didn't mean to cause any upset

at the risk of agreeing with you too much I knew exactly what you were talking about.I grill,BBQ and. smoke a variety of meats on a variety grills and smokers.When you said Bbq there is no confusion here we are talking hotdogs.I bet quite a few people were inspired to make DAWGS or something on their grills today.thanks

#80 2 years ago

Im from Nashville now in california for years.I really liked when I went to Dallas and Houston for work How available good bbq was and I dont mean no ribs at a pizza joint.Legite chicken ribs pork and briskett .Amazing Loved the availability of Cajun food too

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Maybe if you add Bacon. Bacon goes with everything.
    [quoted image]

My doctor would flip if she saw me eating that.needs more bacon.peanut butter hmmm

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Don’t really eat too many hot dogs but when I do, it’s 100% beef and soft buns. Nathan’s bun length dogs is a no brainer. Top them with hienz ketchup, mustard, chopped onions and relish.

Nathans all beef all good

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Any of you knuckleheads ever try the big unit from Alice coopertown’s in Phoenix?
    [quoted image]

Thats a lot of DOG

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Don’t really eat too many hot dogs but when I do, it’s 100% beef and soft buns. Nathan’s bun length dogs is a no brainer. Top them with hienz ketchup, mustard, chopped onions and relish.

Nathans announces all new meatless hotdog (gag) what will they call it SALAD?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-almost-bbq-time-what-do-you-put-on-your-hot-dogs?tu=jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.