(Topic ID: 186578)

It Might Be Time To Stop The Yardwork-Forever.

By Azmodeus

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dmbjunky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3152 (resized).jpg
Wall 10 (resized).jpg
Wall 13 (resized).jpg
Wall 12 (resized).jpg
Wall 11 (resized).jpg
IMG_3016 (resized).JPG
IMG_6271 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I learned over the last two years in hospitals and nursing centers, maybe you should stop doing your own Yardwork now.

I had like five hip issue roommates. They were all older than me 80-90. Your hip might be an issue for you. This can kill you. These five roommates I had might not all be with us now.

One of these roommates got a talk about getting off his ass. If he didn't get up and do the painful rehab, he was probably going to die. He didn't give up.

If you get hip issues in your 80s be careful. I would suggest you just stop doing yard work at all. Get an eager kid to do it now. This goes for lights and decorations too. I think if your my age 49 you should hopefully be done with physical yard work.

My cousin was doing something stupid at the top of a second story apex on a ladder the other day, he is 55. WTF. Really. I told him to get out his frigging motorcycle, ride it and have some one else fix the damn roof.

Please don't hurt yourself for no good reason, friends.

I Say get hurt doing the things you love.

#5 7 years ago

You really do have permission to stop. In my old neighborhood there was 3 different kids putting up Christmas lights in December. Hell I probably would do that for cash if I was a kid free money.

But really the dangers are real of getting hurt. The one guy who I knew was hurt the worst was simply digging a hole in his backyard, hurt him self so bad he nearly died, before I met him. Then came the hip replacement. The pain I have witnessed made grown men cry. And never look back. Please skip the yard work now.

#7 7 years ago

dude I have a set. But what I'm trying to say in a nicer way is for my friends on pinside to be careful. No matter how manly you are- the odds are in your favor that you will hurt your hip. If you do, you will cry like a little bitch. I've heard it myself-I'd rather not hear it again. Anyways there comes a time when your health and time are worth more than digging holes in the backyard. Me and my grandfather can go toe toe toe, God rest his soul. He was a cranky ass Italian from detriot. I guess I am too.

#12 7 years ago

Just please be extremely careful. If I can save one of us from a broken hip or something bad, it's worth it. I personally will restore pinball and pass on the yard work. I have some bad stories now. I'm not gonna bang on the dead horse. Please be careful.

#35 7 years ago

Sorry, my cousin and telling him to ride instead of climb up to fix the 40 foot gable on his house.

I told him to ride not to be safer, simply to risk himself doing what he loves. If you love yard work please, I know some do.

I like gardening a little bit I think I'm not sure why might be my ol gran dad in me.

I just want everyone to be careful. Really fucking careful. An ounce of prevention so to speak.

I now assume that everyone I know, is going to hurt his hip or something. If it's not you, it will be someone you know. I hope it's not you.

2 weeks later
#47 6 years ago

Dude you did totally choke on the chicken. I hope everything is ok.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-might-be-time-to-stop-the-yardwork-forever?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.