(Topic ID: 186578)

It Might Be Time To Stop The Yardwork-Forever.

By Azmodeus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dmbjunky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3152 (resized).jpg
Wall 10 (resized).jpg
Wall 13 (resized).jpg
Wall 12 (resized).jpg
Wall 11 (resized).jpg
IMG_3016 (resized).JPG
IMG_6271 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago

At 49 I'm having more trouble playing pinball then doing yardwork.
I have both, arthritis and Tendinitis in my left thumb/wrist. Playing is one of the most painful things I can do. Really sucks since it took me almost 20 years to build my collection. Had to leave the games in storage for almost 10 years. Now I'm finally at a point where I am able to set up most my games and it hurts to play. Go figure?!?!?! Anyway, I don't really need the thumb on my left hand do I? Yeah it's that painful!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive seen other ways to play, like foot pedals, and other methods for handicapped playing.....maybe a way to get the fun back, and easy to do.

I was reading a thread on here about the guy that plays in a league with only one arm. They made a thingy to put on a game so you can use one hand for both flipper buttons. Can't find it anymore though. I have my good days and my bad days so still get a couple games in a week and still play on a league once a week also. Only had to miss one league night so far because it hurt to much to play. I don't play tournaments any longer. It's pretty much has only been the last year since it went from hurting every once in a while to hurting all the time. Going to start getting cortisone shots and arthritis pills treatment. Degenerative arthritis runs in my family so it's something I'm going to have to cope with in the near future.

2 weeks later
#39 6 years ago

Well the yardwork didn't get me but I had to take my first ride in an ambulance Sunday afternoon. Still in the hospital waiting on my second surgery. All because I swallowed a too big of piece of chicken. Messed up my (?@?@?) have no clue how to spell that one so saying my pipeing. This will be a total of 3 days in the hospital over a simple cookout. At 49 I must say those few seconds of not being able to breathe that scared the shit out of me.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Gee, hope you can still get to Pinfest.

My throat hurts like hell but I'm still going Saturday only for a few hours. Not bringing any pins to set up.

1 week later
#63 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

How big was the piece of chicken?!

About as big as my thumb.
What exactly happened was, I was setting down and just took a big bite of my chicken. At the same time my cat jumped up and knocked my plate over. I jumped up and the bite I just took went down without me chewing at all. It got lodged in my Esophagus. I could feel it stuck and could breath at first. Tried drinking water and that's when things went all to hell. I couldn't even swallow my own saliva. Anyway, that had to put me to sleep and put a breathing tube in, a camera and what ever else they needed to pull the food out. They said there was more stuck in there but my i was bleeding to bad so they waited another day to do it again.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Well, i'll be 50 in a year, and I still do all my yardwork and projects without issue. Did my 1st retaining wall last year, and working on the 2nd level this year. Done every step from beginning to end by myself and am quite proud, and feel fine...

Same here. I will be 50 in December. Still do all my own work. Don't feel any different from when I was 30. The only issues I have is recurring tendinitis in my left wrist and thumb.
But honestly this year has been kind of a rough year knowing I'm about to hit 50 and my little trip to the hospital. I still have two major projects that require me to be two stories high on a latter to remove the siding on the back of my house. I don't have the money to afford to pay someone to do the work so if I can't do it myself it will never get done. I don't even have enough money to finish but I can get my siding down (changes made) and back up this summer. Installing a deck and small addition.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-might-be-time-to-stop-the-yardwork-forever?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.