(Topic ID: 19276)

It is official. Real pinball has ruined virtual pinball for me.

By blondetall

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by asay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jurassic_Park.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Step 1: Got husband addicted to pinball on the virtual tables on Pinball Arcade.
    Step 2: Found/bought JP.
    Step 3: Played virtual pinball while waiting for JP; put money towards Twilight Zone kickstarter.
    Step 4: JP arrived. Decorated pinball area then played nonstop when not sleeping, working, or lurking Pinside.
    Step 5: Got all excited about MM, FH, Bride of Pinbot, etc on virtual pinball. Began countdown to 6/26 release date, happily contemplated how much money I was saving over the real things.
    Step 6: Went home from work yesterday, tried to play virtual MM. Screamed "What the hell?!?" at the TV a few times because suddenly now the physics are all off, the flippers are delayed, and all I could do was get the ball in the other flipper lane. Realize virtual pinball sucks.
    Step 7: Threw down controller. Went back to real pinball. Fed T-Rex (his name is Chompy) a few goats.

(Step 8: Looked around house wondering what I can sell to eventually get a real MM or TZ...)

#8 11 years ago

I'm playing on a PS3 with wireless controllers, which has a big delay. I'm sure I can get used to it, eventually. Husband has it on his PS Vita and it seems to react immediately, but it's a tiny screen and I don't know the tables, so would much rather watch it on the 82".

I'm totally on your 8-step program, only I forgot to decorate my pinball area!

Decorating is half the fun. As soon as I paid for JP, I started ordering posters and little dinos. I'm looking for a shelf to hold my DVD statue (on the top right for now) and a can of Barbasol, and maybe another tree/plant or two. Will have to rethink decor if/when I get another pinball though, so not going too crazy with it for now.

Jurassic_Park.JPGJurassic_Park.JPG

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

TV probably wasn't on game mode and the filter was causing the delay from when you hit the flipper button to when it actually registers on the screen - my TV has terrible lag if I try to play the PS3 on any other mode than "Game Mode"

Husband is the electronics expert... so I just tell him what I want to play and let him set it up. It takes a super programmed LED remote to turn everything on and I think he's got it set to change over to the right modes, but I really don't know. I'll ask him about this though, and thanks a bunch for the suggestion. It may just be the way it is, and I'm expecting too much. It seemed fine when I didn't have a real one to compare it to.

#17 11 years ago

Oh I still love the virtual, and appreciate being able to play these games that I otherwise probably will never be able to play in real life, much less own at this rate. It was just way more fun before I had the real thing to compare it to. I'll get used to it. I just won't rely on it to fulfill the pinball collecting disease that seems to have taken over.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-is-official-real-pinball-has-ruined-virtual-pinball-for-me?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.